PDA

View Full Version : Danny j

DANNY J
26th January 2013, 08:43 PM
Hi out there,
This is my first time on this Forum so bear with me,
I have a 1999 GU Patrol 4.2ltr diesel wagon with an after market Denco Turbo fitted, I also have had an LPG injection system fitted plus a 2 1/2" exhaust system.
To date I have been using Nulon lubricants for all my Patrols oils, grease & coolant, but I would like some advice from anyone out there about which is in you appinion is the best oils & coolant to use, I have had some advice on Caltex, Mobil & Shell all very confusing need some help please.

Cheers
Danny J:feedback:

MEGOMONSTER
26th January 2013, 08:46 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

growler2058
26th January 2013, 08:46 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

happygu
26th January 2013, 08:57 PM
Hi Danny,

I used to use Shell RimulaX in my 4.2, as I used to buy it in bulk at a Shell depot.

A lot of guys are using Delo400, which is a Castrol product and this can also be bought in 20L Drums to save a few dollars.

A Patrol isn't a race car, and as long as you are using a good quality oil in the right spec, you should be good.

Mic

happygu
26th January 2013, 10:13 PM
This thread might help you a little, as well
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1587-What-to-keep-my-eye-on-Preventative-Maintenance&highlight=preventative

Dhuck
26th January 2013, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

lorrieandjas
26th January 2013, 11:26 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum!

Jas

GarryMartin
27th January 2013, 02:18 AM
Welcome aboard Danny J.

Not been here long myself, but really warm people on the forums, genuinely interested in helping and advising - you'll have a blast.

my third 256
27th January 2013, 06:17 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
27th January 2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Danny and welcome to the forum, plenty of tips and info here and great bunch of ppl as well
Jump in anytime and enjoy

happygu
30th January 2013, 08:28 AM
Danny,

I have pinched this from another 4.2 Patrol User......here are his oils specs

Patrol GU 4x4, TD42 Turbo Diesel (1999-2005)
CRANKCASE

CASTROL MAGNATEC DIESEL
Castrol Magnatec Diesel 15W-40 combines Intelligent Molecules with dedicated diesel technology for a stronger layer of protection to maintain engine efficency keeping your engine at its peak for longer. Castrol Magnatec Diesel 15W-40 actively maintains fuel economy through viscosity control with excellent soot handling performance which provides less oil thickening and reduced wear. Castrol Magnatec Diesel is suitable for naturally aspirated, turbo charged and inter-cooled turbo charged engines which meets and exceed API SM/CF, ACEA A3/B3.

or CASTROL GTX DIESEL 15W-40
Castrol GTX Diesel is designed for today's diesel car and light commercial vehicle engines. Its liquid engineering that provides extra protection against diesel engine problems, like soot and harsh deposits that diesel engines face everyday. Castrol GTX Diesel meets API CH-4/SJ and is suitable for cars and light commercial vehicles that specify API CH-4 or earlier. Not recommended for vehicles fitted with Diesel particulate filters or petrol engines with catalytic converters. GTX Diesel provides outstanding diesel engine wear protection.

or CASTROL RX SUPER
Castrol RX Super is a low ash, multigrade diesel engine oil specially formulated to meet the needs of US heavy duty diesel engines without DPF/DPD. It is also suitable for most mixed fleet operations. Castrol RX Super exceeds the requirements of API CI-4 Plus and provides exceptional soot handling, oil consumption control and engine wear protection.
Service Refill Capacity: 10.5* Litres.
MANUAL TRANSMISSION
CASTROL VMX-M 75W-85
Service Refill Capacity: 3.8-3.5 Litres.
See note 402 below.
DIFFERENTIAL
CASTROL LSX 85W-140
Service Refill Capacity: 2.1-4.9 Litres.
See note 15 below.
POWER STEERING

CASTROL PS FLUID
A mineral based fluid suitable for most power steering systems where the following specifications are nominated: DexronŽ, DexronŽ II & DexronŽ III, SAE 10W or 10W-20 engine oil, ISO 32 or 46 hydraulic oil, Ford M2C-33 F/G, Ford M2C-138 CJ, Ford M2C-166H, Ford Mercon, Ford SQM-2C-9010A and Mitsubishi Power Steering Fluid.
See note 302 below.
4WD TRANSFER

CASTROL TQ DIII
Castrol TQ DIII is an automatic transmission fluid formulated to satisfy the GM H-36163 specification, and suitable for automatic transmissions requiring a GM fluid. Not suitable for use where DexronŽ VI fluids are required.

or CASTROL ATF DEX III
Castrol ATF Dex III is an automatic transmission and power steering fluid for use in GM automatic transmissions pre 2005 and in many automatic transmissions in a range of makes and models where DexronŽ (II or III) or Mercon performance is required.
Service Refill Capacity: 1.9 Litres.
See note 152 below.
4WD DIFFERENTIAL
CASTROL EPX 80W-90
Service Refill Capacity: 2.4-5.4 Litres.
BRAKE
CASTROL BRAKE FLUID HD DOT 3
A heavy duty brake fluid suitable for use in disc and drum brakes where a dot 3 fluid is required.

or CASTROL RESPONSE SUPER DOT 4
Castrol Response Super DOT 4 is suitable for use in all brake fluid systems in cars, and light commercial vehicles requiring either a DOT 3, DOT 4 or Super DOT 4 product (Not suitable for use where a mineral oil based fluid is specified).

RADIATOR
CASTROL ANTIFREEZE NF
A nitrite, phosphate and amine free, fully formulated, corrosion inhibited, ethylene glycol based coolant which has been designed to meet the requirements of the major European engine manufacturers. Particularly recommended for use in heavy duty European vehicles.
Service Refill Capacity: 15.1 Litres.
See note 922 below.
NOTES
Includes Oil Filter
Rear differential.
When refilling, may also use CASTROL VMX-M 75W-85. Do NOT mix oils.
May also use CASTROL TRANSMAX M, CASTROL ATF DEX II, CASTROL TQF, CASTROL TRANSMAX TYPE F, CASTROL TQ DIII or CASTROL ATF DEX III.
May also use CASTROL MULTITRAX or CASTROL SYNTRAX 75W-90.
Do NOT mix Castrol coolant with other brands of antifreeze, coolants or corrosion inhibitors because of possible incompatibility of inhibitors. Mix the Castrol coolant concentrate at 50% v/v with high quality water (distilled, demineralised or deionised).

AB
30th January 2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
30th January 2013, 01:39 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bloodyaussie
30th January 2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome aboard mate.............

Morton
30th January 2013, 05:48 PM
enjoy the forum bud, cya on the tracks sometime

wildgu6
31st January 2013, 06:04 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete