PDA

View Full Version : Limp mode or codes??

MarkGQ
25th January 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi again all, just curious if the 89 GQ tb42 carby model 5 speed have limp mode or even codes?? had an auto gq a while back that did and i just wondered,
Cheers Mark.

MarkGQ
6th February 2013, 03:08 PM
anyone know???

threedogs
6th February 2013, 03:15 PM
Thats pre EFI so I'm putting my hand up and saying no, why would you need an ECU on a carby 4x4

NissanGQ4.2
6th February 2013, 06:20 PM
To be honest I have know idea, check this thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2706-GQ-4.2-EFI-ECU-%28-Engine-Control-Unit-%29

If you have an ECU located it would be more than likely located there and more than likely get limp mode / fault codes

Cheers

Todd

Yendor
6th February 2013, 06:34 PM
The GQ TB42s, carby with a manual transmission does not have an ECU so no limp mode or codes.

Can I ask why you were wondering?

taslucas
6th February 2013, 06:49 PM
The GQ TB42s, carby with a manual transmission does not have an ECU so no limp mode or codes.

Can I ask why you were wondering?

You can run the self diagnosis on the tcu and it will show faults by means of flashing the power light.

FanTapstic!

taslucas
6th February 2013, 06:51 PM
I have the instructions at home, I will post them tomorrow if that's helpful?

FanTapstic!

NissanGQ4.2
6th February 2013, 06:52 PM
You can run the self diagnosis on the tcu and it will show faults by means of flashing the power light.

FanTapstic!

Its manual Lucas not auto, no TCU

Yendor
6th February 2013, 06:54 PM

FanTapstic!

A TB42s, carby with an automatic transmission, this is true.

But not with a manual transmission.

MarkGQ
6th February 2013, 07:03 PM
I was wondering as im having electric problems and cant seem to get on top of them, although I just installed a Piranha dizzy and fingers crossed I may have fixed it. and Taslucas please post them tommorow that would be awesome to have.
Cheers and thanks for all your input guys.

taslucas
6th February 2013, 07:41 PM
Its manual Lucas not auto, no TCU

A TB42s, carby with an automatic transmission, this is true.

But not with a manual transmission.

Oh sh!t sorry guys I didnt read properly.
Maybe too many beers!
Lol, I'll get back on my Nic

FanTapstic!