PDA

View Full Version : Hi from hastings

Jaycee
25th January 2013, 05:55 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick introduction..

My gf and I are preparing for a 12 month stint in the outback in a couple of months. She's a nurse and in desperate demand out there, so we'll travel as much of aus as we can between her 3 month contracts.

I put a deposit down on a 2007 GU CRD ST Patrol yesterday, and am getting it RACV tested today - wish me luck! If all goes well i should have it by next week, and then I'll start with the noob questions!

We are currently looking for a roof top tent and some other items to fit out the vehicle, and will book us into a 4wd course for my gf, as she's never done any off roading before. I have done a bit in my 2005 suzuki grand vitara, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting a more capable truck!

I look forward to learning heaps and hopefully meeting a few of you on some trips.

Cheers,
Jaycee

my third 256
25th January 2013, 06:53 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
25th January 2013, 06:57 AM
Hello and welcome You'll love the outback ,Heaps of tips and info here for you
here on every topic out there. grear ppl too, Though most are at a meet up this
weekend. Dont forget pics when you pick up your new ride, love pics here.

Jaycee
25th January 2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys. I've been reading this forum non stop for about 2 days now! Definitely lots of good info on here.

Cheers,
Jaycee

DX grunt
25th January 2013, 08:01 AM
G'day Jaycee.

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Here's a list of 'some' of the things you might need. lol http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17709-The-mother-of-all-camping-lists

Take care and all the best with your trip around the block.

Rossco

healy
25th January 2013, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum mate another local good luck with your trip and have a safe journey

Bigrig
25th January 2013, 08:34 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

growler2058
25th January 2013, 08:34 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Rock out with ya..........tap out

Dhuck
25th January 2013, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Stropp
25th January 2013, 04:04 PM
welcome along mate enjoy the forum and info here.

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2013, 04:25 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

lorrieandjas
25th January 2013, 04:36 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Great idea touring between contracts! Enjoy the forum - and feel free to jump in anytime with any questions or answers!

Jas

Jaycee
25th January 2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

The RACV gave me the green light on the car, so it looks like you're stuck with me! Should have it by next thursday.

Me and my partner just drove out to lilydale and picked up a roof rack and tent... Can't wait to get them set up!

Cheers,
Jaycee

wildgu6
25th January 2013, 07:14 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Conradk
25th January 2013, 11:24 PM
Hey Jaycee, I live halfway round the world from you and find the advice and info on the forum unbelievably useful. Learn as much as you can from this forum about your Trol and you will be able to fix anything yourself out in the "bundu" (Africa's version of the outback).

Maxhead
1st February 2013, 01:54 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Morton
1st February 2013, 04:55 PM
hi mate, welcome to a great forum, cya on the tracks sometime

Jaycee
1st February 2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. Well i picked up the car yesterday, and i'm extremely happy with it so far!

We just spent the past 8 hours installing our Tigerz11 roof rack and roof top tent - it's not as easy as I imagined! All done now, and happy with everything so far.

I can't wait to christen it all on our first camping trip now, and the best part is that my gf is as excited, if not more, than me, so it won't be hard to convince her to take off for a few days.

Hope to see some of you out on the tracks.

Cheers,
Jaycee

Lonicus
1st February 2013, 05:38 PM
Great stuff mate!! The trip sounds like a terrific experience and having your other half as excited about the car as you are makes it much easier to put all the bits and pieces on :)