PDA

View Full Version : Nissan patrol problem st manual new vehicle

PHANOTOM
24th January 2013, 10:49 AM
G'day Everyone

I have purchased last year a New St Nissan Patrol (Manual) 3ltr Diesel

I have noticed that whilst travelling along that the power is lost in any gear at any speed with the accelerator depressed. Upon raising the accelerator pedal and depressing again the power returns.
ALSO
The brake lights come on at anytime and depressing the pedal does not correct the problem. I awake to discover that the brake lights are on and then when they decide ... they turn off.

I have booked these prob's to be fixed at the garage as the car is still under warranty however I wondered if the problems I'm experiencing; has anyone else had similar prob's.

Cheers

The Phanotom

threedogs
24th January 2013, 10:56 AM
First prob sounds like it overboosting, clean MAF sensor with cleaner from Supercheap, disconnect battery for 1 hour as well
You may need to NAD it,
I'm sure all your probs will be fixed as errors will show up.
the Cr is pretty good otherwise

My Bad should have made the connection between stopping and going,
sounds like an easy fix

growler2058
24th January 2013, 11:08 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Rock out with ya..........tap out

Yendor
24th January 2013, 11:58 AM
Both problems could be related to the brake lights coming on.

On the CRD if the brake lights are on when accelerating engine power is reduced.

I would start by fixing the brake light circuit first and then recheck the loss of power.

Possible cause of the brake light staying on are

1. Possible faulty stop light switch or a damaged rubber the switch pushes against.
2. Loose wire in the trailer plug.
3. Faulty electric trailer brake control unit (if one fitted).

Cheers Rodney

jack
24th January 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi, just checked your other posts and this appears to be a new car. Suggest you take it back to Nissan as this and your other issues should be covered under warranty.

PHANOTOM
24th January 2013, 01:49 PM
I have just returned from the Nissan Service Dept and they informed me that they were checking the caravan controller brake wires / unit etc and the brakes lights then turned off. If I were to lose power again as mentioned in my earlier post I will check to see if the brake lights are on. Thanks for taking the time to offer your view.

Cheers

John

Yendor
24th January 2013, 02:21 PM
I have just returned from the Nissan Service Dept and they informed me that they were checking the caravan controller brake wires / unit etc and the brakes lights then turned off. If I were to lose power again as mentioned in my earlier post I will check to see if the brake lights are on. Thanks for taking the time to offer your view.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

What brand of brake controller is it?

Cheers Rodney

threedogs
24th January 2013, 02:22 PM
Yendor is the man, my son is Auto elect but never see him these days always doing cashies fitting radios and fixing starters and alternators.

Yendor
24th January 2013, 02:26 PM
Yendor is the man, my son is Auto elect but never see him these days always doing cashies fitting radios and fixing starters and alternators.

You have to watch those Auto Electrician types..........LOL

jack
24th January 2013, 02:49 PM
You have to watch those Auto Electrician types..........LOL

You sure do, but they are certainly handy to have around. My son in law is back from over two years up north and I'm very pleased he's back.

thedogzeus
24th January 2013, 08:12 PM
Welcome Mate!

my third 256
25th January 2013, 07:11 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

PHANOTOM
25th January 2013, 10:40 AM
Hi John,

What brand of brake controller is it?

Cheers Rodney

Hi Rod

It is a "Teconsha." I had it fitted when I purchased the vehicle from new. I had the controller fitted taken from my previous Nissan and fitted to this new one. I currently don't tow a caravan with brakes. I just had it fitted in case I needed one.

At least now I have an area to start looking if it becomes a problem again. With regards to the loss of power. I wasn't aware that the speed ramps down with the brake lights coming on.

It has a recall on the vehicle to fix my fuel guage to read full when full and also my auxillary fuel tank. I wodered if that may have been a prob but the garage say not. It will be taken in on Tuesday. If they find any problem I will let you know for Keeps sake so's to speak.

Cheers

John

healy
25th January 2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2013, 04:37 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Yendor
25th January 2013, 10:29 PM
Hi Rod

It is a "Teconsha." I had it fitted when I purchased the vehicle from new. I had the controller fitted taken from my previous Nissan and fitted to this new one. I currently don't tow a caravan with brakes. I just had it fitted in case I needed one.

At least now I have an area to start looking if it becomes a problem again. With regards to the loss of power. I wasn't aware that the speed ramps down with the brake lights coming on.

It has a recall on the vehicle to fix my fuel guage to read full when full and also my auxillary fuel tank. I wodered if that may have been a prob but the garage say not. It will be taken in on Tuesday. If they find any problem I will let you know for Keeps sake so's to speak.

Cheers

John

If it's the old Tekonsha Voyager model, this is a common fault with them.

Don't know anything about the fuel gauge recall, was your gauge/s not reading full?.

I'm guessing they will just re-programming the instrument cluster.

Woof
26th January 2013, 01:57 AM
Hey mate, moved your thread here as not everyone reads the introductions