PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at introduction

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 03:33 PM
Hello anyone/everyone. Have no idea what I'm doing at this stage..Read a recent post/thread (or something??) from "Col" who admits (as I do here) to be old, but I suspect he has been far more successful than I will be with this intro.
I own an '89 GQ Patrol powered (or not) by the TD42 (2) and after market Schwitzer Turbo.
Hope to get some help by joining up.
Anyone hopefull that I may be of some use to you in return....well sorry, probably not. But I will always try in any case.

Bigrig
28th November 2010, 03:41 PM
G'day mate - good intro. Plenty of useful information on the forum, great people and a good laugh to be had also - feel free to get involved in the conversations (don't be shy - that's what it's here for!!) and I'm sure you'll be able to provide assistance down the track - you never know, not all the topics are car related, so you'll probably endow us with worldly wisdom around fishing (assuming Old Fisho means you are a fisherman and not one of those guys who sells it at servo's in Queensland!! LOL - in case anyone not with me, some of the fish mongers at servo's up here are called "Fisho's"). Enjoy!!

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. Surprised and happy to get this far. Yes the Fisho is for "fishing mad". Love my fishing of all types. Just back from Mallacoota where we bagged out on flathead. The "old" is for, well...pretty old anyway.
Thanks again, looking forward to chatting with you all.

AB
28th November 2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks heaps,
I will take a good look around to see if my Patrols "opportunities" have already been talked about in other threads before boring everyone with "same old stuff".

NissanGQ4.2
28th November 2010, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can, and don't worry most people here have no idea what there doing either *LMAO*

Enjoy the forum

Cheers

Todd

AB
28th November 2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks heaps,
I will take a good look around to see if my Patrols "opportunities" have already been talked about in other threads before boring everyone with "same old stuff".

If you can't find the answers just ask, if someone has already posted it they will just point you in right direction so It's all good!

big_fletch
28th November 2010, 05:22 PM
Yes welcome to the forum mate, great bunch of helpful guys on here.

wildgu6
28th November 2010, 08:10 PM
Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
As i said to Col, Never too old, never too grey, never too dirty (muddy) and never too many home brews.
Look forward to some fishing tales....lol
Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard, enjoy the fishing and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Woof
28th November 2010, 08:17 PM
Welcome Fisho, enjoy the forum mate................oh I am feeling soooo good now that I am not the oldest Bugger here, if fact I'm feeling quite young again..........http://209.85.48.9/1806/9/emo/quiet_trans.gif Tim and Plassy

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome,
Is that a GQ your driving?. Looks like mine although you have probably lifted it, and more, where mine is pretty much stock standard.

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks Todd,
Have already enjoyed the forum..noted some cheeky banter from a few of you regulars. Totally surprised to see so many logged in and responding to each other so quickly. Can't promise to be as prompt but will make the effort since you guys do.

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Dogman,
Happy to make you feel better. Won't look up your profile to chaeck just how happy yu should feel. Will take yu word for it....for now.

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks Pete,
Much appreciate the warm welcome from all...looking forward to chatting.

NissanGQ4.2
28th November 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome,
Is that a GQ your driving?. Looks like mine although you have probably lifted it, and more, where mine is pretty much stock standard.

is that my Avatar picture you are referring 2 old fisho???

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks a lot.
Looking forward to it.

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 08:46 PM
You got me...I don't know what "avatar" pic is. But the pic I referred to is the one that shows on this screen under your title. The Patrol Guru?? I assumed it is your pic of your Patrol?

Bellos
28th November 2010, 08:57 PM
Hey Old Fisho welcome to the forum.

I'm running a '90 GQ TD42 with aftermarket Schwitzer turbo. We might be able to bump some knowledge off one another.

NissanGQ4.2
28th November 2010, 09:14 PM
You got me...I don't know what "avatar" pic is. But the pic I referred to is the one that shows on this screen under your title. The Patrol Guru?? I assumed it is your pic of your Patrol?

the picture under the title Patrol Guru is referred to as an Avatar and yes that is a pic of my patrol.

My rig is a 92 GQ TB42e Ti, it only has a 2" body lift on it at the moment, but on the verge of putting my" Dobinson Coils back in. Everything else is pretty much stock standard :(:(:(

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 09:14 PM
G'Day and thanks for the welcome Bellos,
Will be good to chat on the GQ. Your 1990 would be the same as my '89 or thereabouts I guess.
I'm seriously lacking knowledge of the workings of the turbo. But who knows, maybe something I can offer in return....I sure hope you know more than I do, and I am looking forward to chatting.
I do a bit of fishing in retirement (understatement) and it requires I load the boat on the roof racks, the boat motor the BBQ, the esky, the other esky and the big esky (and slippers) into the Patrol with the Jaco Pop top van tagging along behind. She struggles under load. A day over 30c sees her overheating. Enough complaining for now.
I'm not a serious 4*4 adventurer, although I have enjoyed a few days out with a younger buddy of mine who is into it in a big way.
Look forward to a chat. thanks

Old Fisho
28th November 2010, 09:23 PM
OK. Got it now....never too old to learn...just hope I can remember it now. I did warn I was an old bloke.
Thanks again Todd

NissanGQ4.2
28th November 2010, 09:26 PM
OK. Got it now....never too old to learn...just hope I can remember it now. I did warn I was an old bloke.
Thanks again Todd

No such thing as too old, Old Fisho :):):)

Finly Owner
28th November 2010, 10:17 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House, ah sorry didn't catch your handle Ol Fisho?. Ya seem to be manouvering around the forum ok. Just one hint, if you use "reply with quote" your answer will display inder the comment your are responding to. And if you have any questions about user tips for forum just ask us. And just ask any question about your GQ and they shall be answered.

Tim

Bob
29th November 2010, 06:55 AM
From one Old Fisherman to another Welcome

Old Fisho
29th November 2010, 09:55 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House, ah sorry didn't catch your handle Ol Fisho?. Ya seem to be manouvering around the forum ok. Just one hint, if you use "reply with quote" your answer will display inder the comment your are responding to. And if you have any questions about user tips for forum just ask us. And just ask any question about your GQ and they shall be answered.

Tim
Thanks for the welcome Tim. My name is Dick (some add nice bits to that, others have not been so kind). I'm typing under the Quote, so will soon see if I get it right or not.
I'm logged on again today to search thru the history in the mechanical threads. Once I look about I will cry out for the help.
Can't believe so many members are logged on at once. Don't you guys ever sleep?
Have forgotten how to add the little smilies at the end....will work on that.
Regards from Dick

Old Fisho
29th November 2010, 10:01 AM
From one Old Fisherman to another Welcome
Thanks Bob,
Old enough to be retired Bob?. If so, are you planning a cod trip to the Goulburn. The murray is too high up Albury/Rutherglen way. My camp ground is under water and the Mozzies will take a toll this year. Not sure I will get out at all. Maybe a day trip or two. Should be some good numbers of legal sized fish this year if you can get to them don't you think?
Regards
Dick

Bob
29th November 2010, 10:19 AM
You are quite right about the Mozzies. Most of my fishing will be in the High Country this year.
I am semi retired and can take time out when I like.
We will require some warm weather to dry out some of the Camping spots on the Murray. I have been trying to get away for the last 2/3 months and every time i plan something the sky opens up.

TURBOGU
1st December 2010, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

DX grunt
1st December 2010, 11:20 PM
G'day mate.

Welcome to the forum. Your post was very clear and well understood.

Some of the people on this forum take me fishing all the time. Unfortunately I take the bait hook, line and sinker, every time.

As a kid, I used to fish for rainbow trout all the time in the Rubicon and Golburn Rivers in Vic. I loved it.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Old Fisho
3rd December 2010, 09:35 AM

Thank you...Turbogu....don't know yu name sorry.

Old Fisho
3rd December 2010, 09:40 AM
G'day mate.

Welcome to the forum. Your post was very clear and well understood.

Some of the people on this forum take me fishing all the time. Unfortunately I take the bait hook, line and sinker, every time.

As a kid, I used to fish for rainbow trout all the time in the Rubicon and Golburn Rivers in Vic. I loved it.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Thanks Ross,
Good rivers those two, but then we only have good rivers don't we. Appreciate the welcome, and maybe a chat sometime. We probably won't slip out on the weekend for a fish though. I'm going to look at a map now. "Gnowangerup"mmmm.
Regards

Maxhead
4th December 2010, 10:23 AM
G'Day Old Fish, welcome to the forum

lthall
5th December 2010, 04:40 PM
Hi Fisho, welcome

patch697
8th December 2010, 01:08 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Col.T
10th December 2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. Surprised and happy to get this far. Yes the Fisho is for "fishing mad". Love my fishing of all types. Just back from Mallacoota where we bagged out on flathead. The "old" is for, well...pretty old anyway.
Thanks again, looking forward to chatting with you all.
Dick,
One of my favourite places , Mallacoota. Bloody brilliant in fact and not just for fishing. Loved the hills out back and a couple of really nice tracks out of town.
Excellent bird watching too. Hope to get back one day but there's too many good spots aren't there?
All the best
Col.

Old Fisho
12th December 2010, 08:49 AM
Dick,
One of my favourite places , Mallacoota. Bloody brilliant in fact and not just for fishing. Loved the hills out back and a couple of really nice tracks out of town.
Excellent bird watching too. Hope to get back one day but there's too many good spots aren't there?
All the best
Col.
Hello Col,
This was my first visit to Mallacoota and with the fishing the way it was there was no time to take a look about. I will book a couple of extra days next time and take a look at some of the features you mentioned.