PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Stonehenge

zaid-m
22nd January 2013, 07:06 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm Zaid (Zee for short), I live about 5 from Salisbury and about 5 miles from Stonehenge. I have a 1998 Patrol Y61 GR (GU), short wheel base with the 2.8 Turbo Diesel 6 Cyl. in the nose. I got it less than 3 months ago, and it's totaly stock, just having had some new tyres fitted about 4 week ago. Good thing too, since we have over 10cm of snow in places around here!

She is in need of some work, both Mech. and some corrosion control, so will get some care over the summer months.

Maxhead
22nd January 2013, 07:09 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
22nd January 2013, 07:11 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, I like the term corrosion control ,out of interest where?

Great ppl here and plenty of tips as well
Jump in anytime and enjoy

zaid-m
22nd January 2013, 07:17 AM
The main area of rust is in the rear arches, not bad to show from under the arch moldings, but bad enough that hardly any of the wheel arch lip is left ......

makeitfit
22nd January 2013, 07:22 AM
How do and welcome from West Wales too , we lent you a few stones for your little rockery there in Henge land lol
Enjoy the rust control:/ I just cut mine off for extra wheel clearance !!

LukeV
22nd January 2013, 08:02 AM
Hi bloke, and welcome. It's great that there's such interest world wide. Should of made the switch years ago.

growler2058
22nd January 2013, 08:02 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Rock out with ya..........tap out

AB
22nd January 2013, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bloodyaussie
22nd January 2013, 08:50 AM
Welcome aboard mate...................

Dhuck
22nd January 2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
22nd January 2013, 09:53 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

lorrieandjas
22nd January 2013, 09:56 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Heaps of tips and advice to be had here and a bunch of great people too! What's that white stuff on the ground? :)

Jas

lorrieandjas
22nd January 2013, 09:57 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Heaps of tips and advice to be had here and a bunch of great people too! What's that white stuff on the ground? :)

Jas

zaid-m
23rd January 2013, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum - much appreciated !:thumbup:

my third 256
23rd January 2013, 07:30 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Cuppa
23rd January 2013, 08:51 AM
G'day Zee.
Stonehenge over here doesn't get that cold white stuff on the ground.
And it dosn't have any standing stones.
But it does have a 44 gallon drum on top of a pole advertising the Stonehenge pub!

Cuppa

GarryMartin
23rd January 2013, 08:56 AM
I live about 5 from Salisbury and about 5 miles from Stonehenge.

Hi Zee. Good to see there are lots of UK owners on the forums. Just joined myself and looking to acquire my first Patrol - hopefully a 2003/04/05 Y61.

healy
23rd January 2013, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

PMC
23rd January 2013, 09:47 PM
G'day mate,

Welcome aboard this great forum, i hope you find the information that you are looking for!

PS, nice looking GU shortie!

Regards,

RLI

the ferret
23rd January 2013, 10:04 PM
Welcome mate, I'll be visiting your big pile of rocks in July!!
Cheers, the ferret.

Clunk
24th January 2013, 12:49 AM
Welcome mate, I'll be visiting your big pile of rocks in July!!
Cheers, the ferret.

Just in time for the rainy season Ferret... Hahahaha

Welcome aboard Zee, great country side round your area.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

thedogzeus
24th January 2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome Mate!

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2013, 04:48 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Conradk
25th January 2013, 11:30 PM
You've got yourself a bag of bolts that easy to maintain and just great to drive. Welcome.

alterastro
31st January 2013, 07:46 AM
Welcome from a fellow Shortie UK owner. How long before we meet???? And Ferret, if you're coming over, look me up - I'll talk you into buying my shortie to ship back :hpfredgeorge1:

fracster
31st January 2013, 05:49 PM
Hiya fella, check under the wheel arch liners, serious mud and crap traps , rust can be ugly under them.

zaid-m
2nd February 2013, 12:47 AM
It's great to have some fellow GR/GU owners on this forum that are at least within the same time zone as myself :)
Here I was thinking that everybody was at least 11 hours ahead of me and I was just playing catch up......
Just out of curiosity is there a UK owners page anywhere within this forum ?

Clunk
2nd February 2013, 01:02 AM
It's great to have some fellow GR/GU owners on this forum that are at least within the same time zone as myself :)
Here I was thinking that everybody was at least 11 hours ahead of me and I was just playing catch up......
Just out of curiosity is there a UK owners page anywhere within this forum ?

Don't think so mate, so I reckon you should start up a thread

To tap, or not to tap: Well it's obviously tap because this is the signature hey!!!!!! Duh