PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 non crd fuel injector oil seals

adam120278
21st January 2013, 01:52 PM
Hi guys just about to change the oil seals on my zd30 non crd patrol was wondering if anyone has any objections to putting a little pressure resistant silicone on the outer diameter of the oil seal it looks like a preety shitty designed seal. I was also wondering to just change the oil seal I cant see any reason to pull the manifold, egr pipes, throttle body or rocker cover or am I missing something.

Thanks heaps any info would be appreciated.
Adam

BearGUST
21st January 2013, 02:00 PM
G'day Adam, I did mine a few months back and they have sealed fine without any silicone but I can't see any harm.
Make sure you do them all together (I did one separately first as I was on going on a trip the following day) and make sure you tighten the injector lines as tight as possible.
Other than that you should be laughing, I didn't pull the manifold off.

adam120278
21st January 2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks heaps for that much appreciated.
Cheers
Adam

adam120278
21st January 2013, 11:23 PM
Well job finished oil leaks from injectors sorted, no diesel leaks but there was a fair bit of work to I ended up having to pull the throttle body, egr valve and pipes, wireing looms and completely remove the injector lines to get the seals out, as was suggested by another member replying to a post from beargust a while ago. Thanks again this forum is a great help.

Adam