PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Patrol Airbag light issue

GU_Nemesis
20th January 2013, 09:48 PM
Hi Guys,

Looking at upgrading to a 2009 GU CRD. Looked at one today that has 87000km on it but the only real concern I have is that the airbag light on the dash flashes continuously about once every second. Can anyone tell me what the cause is and is it something that can be fixed easily. I will put it into Nissan or whoever the proper repairer would be as it's best left to the experts being an airbag issue. But I am getting the truck for a good price, so is it something that should stop me from buying it, or is it worth getting it done?

Cheers,

Scotty

Yendor
20th January 2013, 10:25 PM
Hi Scotty,

The air bag warning light flashing indicates an electrical fault within the SRS.

This could be caused by a number of things, you will need to get the system checked.

It could be a cheap fix or not so cheap.

Cheers Rodney

GU_Nemesis
20th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks Rodney, didn't realise it could be a number of causes. If I buy it, hopefully it's something that can be sorted relatively easily and cheaply! :) I've heard that usually it's a clock spring and it's a common fault? I was also told it can be about 500 bucks to get it done :/ ah well no DIY messing around with airbags!

Yendor
20th January 2013, 11:58 PM
It could be a clock spring fault they are a common fault or it could be something as easy as clearing the code.

Does the horn still work?

threedogs
21st January 2013, 08:07 AM
Yendor could it be an earth issue, all I ever read here is check the earth on run a new one.
Just throwing it out there.

GU_Nemesis
21st January 2013, 11:02 AM
Yeh, the horn works. Everything works on it, just that it's the only thing worrying me. But I'm prepared to spend whatever I have to to get it sorted.

Yendor
21st January 2013, 05:49 PM
Best to get it checked out by the experts. They will be able to give you a quote on repairs.

I don't think it will be an earthing problem.

There is also an electrical connector that cause problems.

Do you know the history of the vehicle? has it been involved in an accident or had water inside the vehicle?

If you have any concerns get the SRS checked out before you make the purchase.

GU_Nemesis
21st January 2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys, yeah I'm having it inspected first and deciding from there.

Cheers,

Scotty

happygu
21st January 2013, 07:11 PM
Scotty,

It could be something as easy as a simple reset.

I took the speedo cluster and dash out of my Commodore to fix the air conditioning, and went to start it to move it out of the way...and when I put the dash back in the Airbag Light was permanently on.
Reset put it back to normal.

One thing for you to check through the sevice books and physical appearance matches what the speedo is telling you, as someone may have removed the speedo cluster to wind back the clock.......

Mic