PDA

View Full Version : What variant Maverick do I have???

Maxhead
18th January 2013, 07:58 AM
Trying to figure out which variant Mav I have. The model on the compliance plate states it is: WGY60KMDJ1

Its got a power window console but not working and no motor in doors.

Also, the power door locks are not working but it has the power door solenoids in the doors but doesn't look like they have an actuator arm to the lock mechanism

I think the Maverick only had two different types... Tx and txl or something like that

MC97GQ
18th January 2013, 08:18 AM
Hey Kris,

I think the Mavericks are a Ford mate :biggrin:

I don't know about the variants, do you have the log books at all.

Mark

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 08:31 AM
Petes (Irish) has a 93 model with electric windows and I think it has central locking via a key....

Does it have the old window winders???? I know a lot of serious 4wders swap them for the winders in case of water crossings???

Maxhead
18th January 2013, 08:33 AM
Petes (Irish) has a 93 model with electric windows and I think it has central locking via a key....

Does it have the old window winders???? I know a lot of serious 4wders swap them for the winders in case of water crossings???

Yeah it has winders as well as switches in the middle console, but I think the console is not original.

pearcey
18th January 2013, 08:51 AM
G`day Kris.
My Maverick which I have owned since new is a 93 model and has power windows which operate from a console on the drivers door.
central locking plus carpet and cloth trim. The center console has no switches and no cup holders. All original.

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2013, 09:00 AM
pm me the vin and i will look it up tonight or use nissanfast to look it up

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2013, 04:30 PM
I will work out your model coding tonight, each letter in the model on your compliance plate represents something, but to answer your question what model, It's a DX poverty pack and what makes it even worse it has a ford badge on it

Burn it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 04:48 PM
Oh you cruel barstard, he can't help being a pov!!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 07:14 PM
Hmmmmmm?

I am speculating but... Is it possible that the Mavericks were all sold to Ford as DX versions and Ford did the option ups? I know that ford retro fitted the aircon into the Maverick.

I have not see a GQ with Window switches in the centre console? They are in each door and the master is in the drivers door arm rest.

The electric mirror switches are in the centre console and the rest are blank.

I think the Maverick carried a XLT & XL badge??? Maybe????

Maxhead
18th January 2013, 07:21 PM
Also its all carpet and power doors but not working currently.
It could be a bit of a bitsa but with a v8 in it no one will care:). Lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

growler2058
18th January 2013, 07:25 PM
MMMMM stroked LS3 Boooh Yeah

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2013, 07:31 PM
Hmmmmmm?

I am speculating but... Is it possible that the Mavericks were all sold to Ford as DX versions and Ford did the option ups? I know that ford retro fitted the aircon into the Maverick.

I have not see a GQ with Window switches in the centre console? They are in each door and the master is in the drivers door arm rest.

The electric mirror switches are in the centre console and the rest are blank.

I think the Maverick carried a XLT & XL badge??? Maybe????

Not Possible Daz, Ford could not improve ( option up ) a poverty pack Nissan Patrol *LMAO*

Its a Nissan Patrol with a ford badge, straight from the Nissan factory to a ford dealership for sale

Winnie
18th January 2013, 07:51 PM
Hey Kris can you post a photo of the centre console??

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 08:12 PM
Not Possible Daz, Ford could not improve ( option up ) a poverty pack Nissan Patrol *LMAO*

Its a Nissan Patrol with a ford badge, straight from the Nissan factory to a ford dealership for sale

Hey Tod

Mate my GQ (Maverick) had Ford fitted Aircon which surprised me at the time when I was replacing it.

Also some Mavericks did not come with rear sway bar disconnect. Mine was one. I have seen at least 3 different variants of the Power window setup on the Mav/GQ so this could be interesting. Mine came with the full loom for Power mirrors but did not have them. Rear aircon also was wired in but empty.

Kris it was common. For your Maverick to come from the factory with a Full Factory Loom and this allow for allot of Plug and Play upgrades like central locking and power windows.

That pic of your centre console would be great. Also pics of th Central Locking actuators in yor doors mate.

Chris79
18th January 2013, 08:34 PM
Sounds like you may have an early XL which was the top spec long wheel base wagon. Which may at some stage had an aftermarket power window system fitted?

Mavericks did have three spec levels
Standard - Pov the same as DX Nissans
XL - similar spec to an ST
XLT - top spec in shorty only which had locker, sunroof and wide wheel pack on top of XL

I think early XL lwb had carpet and cloth trim but may have missed out on electric windows. XLT shorties had electric window from 88.
Anyone got an early pre 90 XL that could confirm?

But update in 91 saw XL get same nice cloth same as update ST,electric windows and aerial but missed out on electric mirrors and wide wheels/flares like the ST Nissan.

As an example this was the interior of my 92 XL
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/CHRISMAV_2007/4WD/DSC01470.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/CHRISMAV_2007/4WD/DSC01471.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2013, 08:36 PM
Hey Tod

Mate my GQ (Maverick) had Ford fitted Aircon which surprised me at the time when I was replacing it.

Also some Mavericks did not come with rear sway bar disconnect. Mine was one. I have seen at least 3 different variants of the Power window setup on the Mav/GQ so this could be interesting. Mine came with the full loom for Power mirrors but did not have them. Rear aircon also was wired in but empty.

Kris it was common. For your Maverick to come from the factory with a Full Factory Loom and this allow for allot of Plug and Play upgrades like central locking and power windows.

That pic of your centre console would be great. Also pics of th Central Locking actuators in yor doors mate.

So basically who ever bought the car brand new from the dealer probable got aircon fitted at time of purchase.

My old man has a 1991 TI and mine is a 1992 TI limited, the only thing limited on mine is the "Limited" badge both Patrols are identical other than paintwork from what I can tell.

You can still buy a DX poverty pack and still get optional extras at time of purchase

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 08:50 PM
Chris you can come and clean the inside of my GQ if you like mate!!!! Holy Crap! Thats tidy as bud!!. Nice one.

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Chris you can come and clean the inside of my GQ if you like mate!!!! Holy Crap! Thats tidy as bud!!. Nice one.

He did say "this was the interior of my 92 XL" maybe that's what it looked like from the showroom floor

Chris79
18th January 2013, 09:16 PM
LOL, that was only a couple of years ago after 9 years of ownership when it was 18yo. Always kept her tidy.
You know those obsessive compulsives, I think Im one of them lol

Winnie
18th January 2013, 09:17 PM
Mate, there's tidy and then there's that. Looks brand spankin!!