PDA

View Full Version : DP Chip fitting instructions

rotor138
17th January 2013, 06:08 PM
Does anyone have fitting instructions for a DP Chip DP34 for a 2003 Patrol? If so can you please email them to me if possible rotor138atgmail.com obviously replace the word at with @ in my email address.

Thanks heaps

Leon

threedogs
17th January 2013, 06:10 PM
Just email or ring scott at DP Chip, great guy more than willing to help you

rotor138
17th January 2013, 07:11 PM
I have sent them an email, they seem to have misunderstood me and want me to send the chip to them for reprogramming. I sent them another email so hopefully will get the instructions in the morning. I was just trying to get them tonight as I'm itching to put it in :)

threedogs
17th January 2013, 07:17 PM
Mine is set on 5 after that it'll blow black smoke a bit more, but great power no smoke with mine on 5 . Others may differ of course

mudski
18th January 2013, 12:40 AM
I have sent them an email, they seem to have misunderstood me and want me to send the chip to them for reprogramming. I sent them another email so hopefully will get the instructions in the morning. I was just trying to get them tonight as I'm itching to put it in :)

I have heard they do this. They reluctantly will help you if you don't buy it directly of them or forward any coin there way. Could be wrong though.
I have the destructions somewhere I'll have to look for it in the morning. Buy memory it was a pain in the ass to fit the wires on the pump. You need little asian hands to do it. :)

rotor138
18th January 2013, 10:10 AM
No luck with dp chip they won't give me the instructions unless i send the chip to them to them "to look" over it. Mudski if you have a copy it would really be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mudski
18th January 2013, 10:13 AM
That does not surprise me at all. I'll have to look for it...Plus I heard they charge $200 or there abouts to reprogram it. When actually it only takes them sweet f.a time to do and they make a 200% profit for it.

rotor138
18th January 2013, 10:27 AM
It doesn't need programming when it comes off an identical car. They're just trying to profit from their products being sold 2nd hand. Its not as though their chips have a custom tune in each one done on a dyno.

mudski
18th January 2013, 11:12 AM
Edit : See the DIY thread for instructions...

rotor138
18th January 2013, 12:23 PM
Legend! Now to go fit it!!

mudski
18th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Legend! Now to go fit it!!

Erm, mines fitted... Just to add the two wires that go to the injector pump. On mine they were encased in the split tubing. I just used some 4mm twin core wire instead to run through the fire wall. So I didn't have to worry about making the hole any bigger. Good luck on getting the signal wire onto the pump. I said many a chosen word and came out with black and scratched up hands doing it as the wire off the pump is really short. If I have time I want to actually solder on the wire as I don't trust those dodgy wire clip thingo's supplied.

Jock
19th January 2013, 08:10 AM
The lack of support for their product in not providing simple fitting instructions without the reported fee means I will avoid them like the plague.

mudski
19th January 2013, 08:15 PM
The lack of support for their product in not providing simple fitting instructions without the reported fee means I will avoid them like the plague.
No reason to avoid them I think. If you buy a second hand product you got to expect little hiccups like this. A little asking and/ or Googling does wonders. Their product is good. Overpriced like all other chips. But good. There is some mob claiming, indirectly mind you, their chip will stop the Di's from grenading. I laughed when I read this.

rotor138
20th January 2013, 06:49 PM
Erm, mines fitted... Just to add the two wires that go to the injector pump. On mine they were encased in the split tubing. I just used some 4mm twin core wire instead to run through the fire wall. So I didn't have to worry about making the hole any bigger. Good luck on getting the signal wire onto the pump. I said many a chosen word and came out with black and scratched up hands doing it as the wire off the pump is really short. If I have time I want to actually solder on the wire as I don't trust those dodgy wire clip thingo's supplied.

So is mine now, can really notice it down low. Still not as good up hills as I thought it would be but happy the big flat spot is gone. Thanks again for posting up the instructions it really is much appreciated.

mudski
21st January 2013, 06:51 PM
No probs. Mines good all through the rev range. I really notice it when I'm towing though.

Azza78
12th May 2020, 05:52 PM
Gday all so where can I get the instructions for a dp chip 2006 DI .. ??