PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a snowy Bankrupt Ireland :D

MunsterGuyGR
27th November 2010, 12:00 PM
Hi All,
Looking forward to finding my way around the site and learning from the masters (Aussies) of the 4x4 world. I am a novice when it comes to 4wdriving. Got a '99 Patrol GR TD6 2.8 (GU in Oz) this time last year, love it to bits, have had one or two minor issues with it but the biggest prob at the moment is chassis rust, the bracket holding the load sensing valve fell off today as it had rotted :(

YNOT
27th November 2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Munster.

Tony

MunsterGuyGR
27th November 2010, 12:09 PM
Cheers Tony :)

Bigrig
27th November 2010, 12:13 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Plenty of useful information on the site, good people and a good laugh to be had - you get out of it, what you put into it. Whereabouts in Ireland are you?? I've got family in Sligo and Mayo ...

MunsterGuyGR
27th November 2010, 12:20 PM
Hi Bigrig, thanks, looking forward to the xmas break to have a good look around the site, am used to the layout of patrol4x4 site this will take a little getting used to. I am in the south west of Ireland near a town called Killarney, its a very popular tourist town over here. Mayo and Sligo esp are about 4 hour drive or so from me, been only in Mayo once and never in Sligo as small as Ireland is..lol. I have never go the chance to go to Oz, long trek from here, have you been over here?

Bigrig
27th November 2010, 12:43 PM
Hi Bigrig, thanks, looking forward to the xmas break to have a good look around the site, am used to the layout of patrol4x4 site this will take a little getting used to. I am in the south west of Ireland near a town called Killarney, its a very popular tourist town over here. Mayo and Sligo esp are about 4 hour drive or so from me, been only in Mayo once and never in Sligo as small as Ireland is..lol. I have never go the chance to go to Oz, long trek from here, have you been over here?

Hey mate - know Killarney well ... well, when I say well, I mean the inside of some pubs, the concrete footpaths outside the pubs, and a few park benches that I got intimate with!!! LOL. Yeah, been to Ireland a few times (lived and worked in GB for over two years at one stage) and love the place like all tourists do - not sure I would swap locations to live there though!!! Too bloody cold and wet for me ... save your pennies old mate, and get across to Oz - you'll never want to go back!!! Not sure if you have gone onto youtube for some of the 4wd'ing over here, and others can add to this list for locations I don't know about, but type in any of these and you'll get some cracking videos: "The Otways"; "Beerburrum State Forest", "Moreton Island", "Belthorpe State Forest"; "Janowen Hills"; "Levuka"; "Landcruiser Mountain Park"; etc etc ... as said, others on the forum can give you more to look at. All the best.

NissanGQ4.2
27th November 2010, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Great bunch of guys / girls on here always willing to help out where they can.

What suburb in Ireland are you from so i can add you to the members map?

Enjoy the forum

Cheers

Todd

DX grunt
27th November 2010, 01:28 PM
G'day Munster.

Lots to read and talk about. After 25 threads, you'll be able to access a manual, so keep talking, brother. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
27th November 2010, 05:05 PM
Welcome Munster, enjoy the forum mate

Finly Owner
27th November 2010, 10:09 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Munster, suggest you come here buy another chasis store it and then bring back other troll and you and family and really discover Oz

Tim

wildgu6
28th November 2010, 12:52 PM
Welcome to Trol town Munster.
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

AB
28th November 2010, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

big_fletch
28th November 2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forums mate

Maxhead
4th December 2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome mate

patch697
8th December 2010, 01:17 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.