PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Nissheads RedMav

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 02:33 PM
So I sold my GU8 and got me self a GQ....bwahahah, like hell that was going to happen..lol

Just couldn't resist adding to the Patrol family(well nearly a Patrol). Picked up this little beauty couple of days ago and its a pissa!!

Details:

Ford Maverick 1990 carby
4.2L Petrol/Gas Auto
169xxx k's on the clock
RedArc dual Batt with 100amp batt(stuffed:( )
Ally bullbar
Sunroof
GME 4400 UHF
Alpine Head Unit..bluetooth/USB
4x 80% KUMHO ROAD VENTURE AT KL78 + 1 new
OME steering dampner
Koni shocks and suspension feels nice but bit stiff(standard hight)
Long Range petrol tank 100l gas
Tow Pack
Brake Controller
Extractors
Alarm system, not sure how it operates but it has one

Absolutely no rust on it and straight as except one small dint front left door. Bit dirty so needs a good clean.
Just had power steering hose replaced.
Radiator replaced 18 months ago.
Getting more info what it had done and I'll be receiving all receipts and service history....yes all history stamped
I'm the third owner

Drives beauuuutiful!! for a gq anyway...lol

Who want photos????

OK OK here you go!

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 02:35 PM
Couple more...

Bob
16th January 2013, 02:37 PM
Neat looking Unit Mate.
Just have to change the Bullbar

lorrieandjas
16th January 2013, 02:41 PM
Hi mate - had me scared there for a moment - thought you'd turned to the darkside with the Q! :jawdrop: Glad to see you've still got the GU mate! But seriously - looks like a great acquisition mate!

Jas

AB
16th January 2013, 03:14 PM
Finally seen the light, about time...LOL

Great score mate, what a clean looking Mav too!!!

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2013, 03:36 PM
What do you have in mind... are you an evil genius and you are going to build the worlds best with all your spare time!!!!!!

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 03:39 PM
Neat looking Unit Mate.

What you talking about Bob???? Whats wrong with my sexy bullbar...LOLOLOL

fracster
16th January 2013, 03:40 PM
Looks a tidy bus.

Bob
16th January 2013, 03:44 PM
What you talking about Bob???? Whats wrong with my sexy bullbar...LOLOLOL

It reminds me of the Long Skirts that the Girls used to wear LMAO

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 03:44 PM
What do you have in mind... are you an evil genius and you are going to build the worlds best with all your spare time!!!!!!

Well everyone knows I'm a genius!, but not evil unless someone punches me in the neck..then I unleash my evil powers...bwahahahahah

Seriously though mate, I will turn it into something but what I don't know yet, might even sell it if need be. I just bought it because I was bored and need a little project..lol

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 03:45 PM
It reminds me of the Long Skirts that the Girls used to wear LMAO

Hahaha, doesn't matter if they're short or long Bob...you can always lift them up and play...lololo

threedogs
16th January 2013, 04:15 PM
I'm ignoring Bobs comment , retired dirty old man now IMO,
At least you can dial the KONI's in, thats one clean 4x4, Dual cab conversion, turboed 4.2, Sorry forgot it was yours

Winnie
16th January 2013, 04:36 PM
Bring it to otooles to test it out

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 04:59 PM
Bring it to otooles to test it out

Yep that's on the cards

.........on the move

wildgu6
16th January 2013, 05:16 PM
Read the first few words and thought WTF, Ahh he's not that pickled after all.
Nice pick up Kris, good lookin unit with some alright goodies, well done mate, now for the payout to be spent hahahahahah, lookin forward to see the build thread.

TAPPN OUT

Yendor
16th January 2013, 05:34 PM
Had me worried there for a second mate.

I thought you had turned and gone low tech, you know blueprints that were stored on Noah's Ark low tech.....LOL

You could always improve those photo's by showing your GU driving over the top of it.........hehehehe

wildgu6
16th January 2013, 05:48 PM
had me worried there for a second mate.

I thought you had turned and gone low tech, you know blueprints that were stored on noah's ark low tech.....lol

you could always improve those photo's by showing your gu driving over the top of it.........hehehehe

lmfao..........

scotty83
16th January 2013, 05:50 PM
nice looking buy. Well done. should be a fun little project

MC97GQ
16th January 2013, 06:02 PM
Hey mate,

About time you hardened up and got a capable truck instead of that show pony you have been driving.

Now you will be able to appreciate what a real four wheel drive can do.(Dons flame suit in preparation).

So when do we get the "Nissheads GQ build from the ground up", you will also have to change your sig so it's more like Mudrunners.

Seriously though Kris, nice score mate.

Mark

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 06:23 PM
Haha, thanks boys. I'm real happy with the car(not a truck like the GU). I'm not sure it will be a monster like Darrens but if I don't sell it and get a job it might be pretty tough eventually.

It's so clean and tidy I'm considering keeping it for my boys but they have another 10 year's to go

.........on the move

boots
16th January 2013, 06:23 PM
So what your really saying nisshead is that a large number of people on this forum are bored and need a project ? hmmm .....

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 06:31 PM
So what your really saying nisshead is that a large number of people on this forum are bored and need a project ? hmmm .....

Haha, not really. It's just I haven't got a job and I'm bored during the day so it might give me something to do for a day or two...lol
I haven't git the money to throw into it yet

.........on the move

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 06:34 PM
Had me worried there for a second mate.

I thought you had turned and gone low tech, you know blueprints that were stored on Noah's Ark low tech.....LOL

You could always improve those photo's by showing your GU driving over the top of it.........hehehehe

Bwahahahahaha, I wanna press thanks but can't on tappa....fing classic

.........on the move

Lonicus
16th January 2013, 06:38 PM
Very nice pick up mate. Doesn't look like it's ever seen a dirt road!

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2013, 07:04 PM
So Kris did you say you were coming down on your own?? if so bring the GQ it will be a laugh.... even at stock height we can just drag it over everything!!!!!

Bloody tidy unit that's for sure.

macca86
16th January 2013, 07:09 PM
If you need a project do it up hard and organise this years forum meet up

evillius
16th January 2013, 11:55 PM
Neat looking Unit Mate.

+1

That bar reminds me of the old stackhats but for patrols. Looks shocking & doesn't really protect you anyway...

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Clunk
17th January 2013, 12:08 AM
Aboot time you bought something decent!!!!!!!

First things first, chop the bottom off that bullbar.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Woof
17th January 2013, 12:16 AM
Well done Kris..............the first step to the LIGHT SIDE mate, I did it and have never looked back..get rid of the Tupperware now and go for it.

Clunk
17th January 2013, 12:30 AM
Well done Kris..............the first step to the LIGHT SIDE mate, I did it and have never looked back..get rid of the Tupperware now and go for it.

Hahahaha the plastic fantastic :eek::eek:

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 06:15 AM
My young fella sais to me yesterday..."dad you won't be able to go to the forum meetups any more."
I said why mate, he sais " well its got a ford badge on it and the forum is for patrols"
So I explained to him the vehicle rebadging thing and that it is a patrol with a ford badge on it.

Few hours later he was asking me if I was going to the wreckers to get a Nissan patrol badge as the ford one looks crap....lolololo

Got to love the youngens.

.........on the move

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:37 AM
It's pretty damn clean. Love the sunroof

Oversize
17th January 2013, 08:11 AM
I'm with your son, needs the right badge :) Neat little pickup Kris. I guess Thelma will handle parking along side.

Winnie
17th January 2013, 08:15 AM
I am expecting this to have a minimum of two turbos, 6" lift and 38s by the meet next week.

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 08:38 AM
I am expecting this to have a minimum of two turbos, 6" lift and 38s by the meet next week.

Don't forget the lockers, winch bar, winch, spotties, sliders, reduction gear and full superior setup...wouldn't have it any other way;)

MC97GQ
17th January 2013, 09:12 AM
So Kris,

Now the million dollar question was it a bargain or not,

If you don't mind me and probably half the forum asking, what did it set you back?

Mark

growler2058
17th January 2013, 09:44 AM
The title should be "Nissheads real truck is here"

Slap N Tap ;)

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 10:07 AM
Still did not answer my question mate.... will you bring it next week????

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 10:28 AM
So Kris,

Now the million dollar question was it a bargain or not,

If you don't mind me and probably half the forum asking, what did it set you back?

Mark

Can't tell you or I'd have to kill you ...lol
Now the deal is done I can say it was $2000 :)

.........on the move

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Still did not answer my question mate.... will you bring it next week????

I did answer it before I think but then again I was under influance yesterday.hahaha
Yes mate, 90% sure it will be there

.........on the move

MC97GQ
17th January 2013, 10:31 AM
Can't tell you or I'd have to kill you ...lol
Now the deal is done I can say it was $2000 :)

.........on the move

It's alright mate now you've told me, I wont tell any one else.

Bloody bargain mate, Top Score.

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 10:45 AM
Cool and also you lucky barstard.... $2000 I hate you...

Winnie
17th January 2013, 10:56 AM
$2000 and how many sexual promises??

taslucas
17th January 2013, 10:58 AM
$2000!!!!!!!!?????? What a score!
Damn these Tassie car prices. That would be at least $6000 here

Tap, crackle, pop

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 10:59 AM
$2000!!!!!!!!?????? What a score!
Damn these Tassie car prices. That would be at least $6000 here

Tap, crackle, pop

You want it. Our Tassie member special. $5500...lolol

.........on the move

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 11:01 AM
$2000 and how many sexual promises??

I'll keep that to myself. The 19yr old I bought it off wants to keep that side of the deal private :)

.........on the move

Nissanpatrolgirl
17th January 2013, 07:46 PM
Love it. Just traded mine in for a Gu 1998 4.5

MC97GQ
17th January 2013, 08:38 PM
Love it. Just traded mine in for a Gu 1998 4.5

So you took a major step backwards then,

Insert smiley face, just kidding.

Mark

PMC
17th January 2013, 11:48 PM
I'll keep that to myself. The 19yr old I bought it off wants to keep that side of the deal private :)

.........on the move

Good buy mate!

Regards,

RLI

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 01:23 AM
Expensive flex ramp for the GU!!!! :)

Jas

Clunk
18th January 2013, 01:31 AM
Expensive flex ramp for the GU!!!! :)

Jas

That piddly little 4 potter wouldn't have the grunt to get on top of a house brick, let alone get anywhere near the muscular bonnet of a fully sick tough as clunk GQ/maverick............Hahahahah

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 01:34 AM
I dunno - a house brick's pretty high!

Jas

Clunk
18th January 2013, 02:04 AM
For an ant

To tap, or not to tap: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them?

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 02:35 AM
I still reckon Nisshead just bought a flex ramp!

Jas

Timbo
18th January 2013, 10:43 AM
First things first.. rip the FORD badges off!

Nice find!

Maxhead
13th March 2013, 03:48 PM
Went over the pits today to get a rego and gas inspection and guess what......FAIL!!! Gas was a PASS though.

Nothing major:
handbrake cable needed adjustment...not sure why as I just did the shoes and it was adjusted OK
rear brake pads worn ....hmm still got plenty of meat but changed anyway.....will show him the pads tomorrow to prove they were fine
window tint needs taking off...understandable as its bloody bubbling everywhere.

So overall very happy..

Now I just need some $$$ to change the suspension, replace tie rod ends, drag link, penhard rod bushes(one done), sway bar bushes, steering damper.

AB
13th March 2013, 03:52 PM
Went over the pits today to get a rego and gas inspection and guess what......FAIL!!! Gas was a PASS though.

Nothing major:
handbrake cable needed adjustment...not sure why as I just did the shoes and it was adjusted OK
rear brake pads worn ....hmm still got plenty of meat but changed anyway.....will show him the pads tomorrow to prove they were fine
window tint needs taking off...understandable as its bloody bubbling everywhere.

So overall very happy..

Now I just need some $$$ to change the suspension, replace tie rod ends, drag link, penhard rod bushes(one done), sway bar bushes, steering damper.

He didn't mention the massive dent in the fuel tank when you took it up that climb....LMAO

Maxhead
13th March 2013, 03:55 PM
He didn't mention the massive dent in the fuel tank when you took it up that climb....LMAO

Hahah, nope but I do need to replace it with something more streamline. Also the trany oil cooler is in an awkward position up the front , its very vulnerable

Winnie
13th March 2013, 05:05 PM
My fuel tank copped a hiding up that hill too actually, there's a decent gouge and a few big dints haha back in the days of petrol......

Maxhead
13th March 2013, 05:07 PM
My fuel tank copped a hiding up that hill too actually, there's a decent gouge and a few big dints haha back in the days of petrol......

Dont forget diesels have a tank as well:)

Winnie
13th March 2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah but they have diesel in them!

Bloodyaussie
13th March 2013, 05:13 PM
Dont forget diesels have a tank as well:)

Yeah my 30/06 would have not trouble penetrating it...he he!!!!

My tank held up well it was just my sway bar disconnects my tie rod and my draglink that copped a hiding and that clunking I had when doing downhills is not there so it must have been not having the hub in the whole way???

So when will the Mighty Red Mav get a lift and decent rubber mate??