PDA

View Full Version : whats that noise ? need help .

allan f
16th January 2013, 11:56 AM
I have a 2011 gu that is making a noise from time to time sounds like it could be the egr valve leaking .
Q - can I unplug the electrial plug to the unit to find out , will it go into limp mode ? throw a code ? ect
Has any one got a photo of the plug ??

threedogs
16th January 2013, 12:35 PM
Grab a torch and look at the dump pipe[Exhaust} on the back of the turbo, mine cracked there making a pitchoo noise, if that makes sense

allan f
16th January 2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks threedogs
will have a look but dont think thats it . this noise is at about 2300rpm / 2500rpm some times might have to go 300ks before its there and other days 10ks down the road and if I put my foot down or back off a lot the noise will go some times the noise is there for 30k before it goes away outher times only a k or 2 , Its not getting any better infact I think it is getting worse . It sounds like squealing bearing or a wistling air leak , have looked for it many times and can not find any telltail sings of a leak . Its been making this noise for 20000kms , car has only 54000 kms on it , dealer not intrested in it much and Iv been told to come back when its there all the time .

Sir Roofy
16th January 2013, 03:55 PM
Peace of garden hose to ear and listen around exhaust manifold
get mate or wifey to rev motor not to hard though

threedogs
16th January 2013, 04:13 PM
Check the belt pulley tensioner might be squealing every now and then, worth a thought
EGR easy enough to tighten

Basically your 4x4 is brand new with this annoying sound
Thinking may need new belt