PDA

View Full Version : GQ, RD28T Exhaust 3" or 2 3/4"?

Reeves
15th January 2013, 09:20 PM
G'day Guys,

As the title says GQ Patrol RD28T I have heard alot of people say that doing a 3" exhaust on the 2.8's is over kill and it looses power, but other say they are great and there is nothing wrong, I have a stock exhaust on mine at the current and I am looking at getitng a 3" on it soon, just have to sort cash out as per the normal, and I am just looking for peoples opinions on this subject and also if anyone knows a good shop in Brisbane to get it done.

Cheers,

Michael

nissannewby
16th January 2013, 12:28 AM
Should be fine being the 6 cylinder 2.8. The 3.0 4 pots seem to respond better to a 2 3/4 exhaust and the note is different to that of a 6. Where abouts in brissy are you? There are heaps of mobs around and if its a bolt on system these are all supplied by one person so do the ring around and see who gives you the best drive in drive out price. The other option is ebay and fit it yourself.

Reeves
16th January 2013, 12:47 AM
Mate I am on South Side in Salisbury, yeah well some of the 2.8's I have heard I have sworn that they are 4.2's just based on the sound, I have a quote from Carlin mufflers on a 3" system turbo back 900$ a few other places just said 1500 outright

nissannewby
16th January 2013, 10:13 AM
$900 is pretty good and like I said if its a bolt on system and not custom most exhaust shops are supplied by one supplier. Just make sure the pip they are using is aluminised or even better go stainless.