PDA

View Full Version : New to 4x4

stewart118
15th January 2013, 02:22 PM
I am looking into buying a couple of '98 Patrols to use in a training school based out of Perth. just wanted to say Hi and start chatting with people about the best things for long trips with many people stuffed into our patrols! stoked to learn more and share.
Jason

MudRunnerTD
15th January 2013, 02:26 PM
G'day Stewart,

Welcome here mate, What kind of training school are you running? 98s i am assuming you are buying early GUs with a 4.5petrol or 2.8Td?

Cheers MR

DX grunt
15th January 2013, 02:27 PM
G'day Jason

Welcome to the forum and glad to see another Sandgroper on here.

What's your business called? What's your business plan?

Will have a think about it and ask more questions? lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

lorrieandjas
15th January 2013, 02:31 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Jas

AB
15th January 2013, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
15th January 2013, 02:43 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Slap N Tap ;)

threedogs
15th January 2013, 02:59 PM
Hello and welcome,heaps of tips and info here, plus a great bunch of ppl.
jump in anytime and enjoy

Bloodyaussie
15th January 2013, 04:02 PM
Welcome aboard mate, could not make a better choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildgu6
15th January 2013, 04:04 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Dhuck
15th January 2013, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

PMC
15th January 2013, 05:08 PM
G'day mate,

welcome to the forum.

Regards,

RLI

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2013, 10:27 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

healy
15th January 2013, 10:32 PM
welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
16th January 2013, 04:46 AM
Gday and welcome to the forum mate

.........on the move

BigRAWesty
16th January 2013, 08:10 PM
Welcome mate. Plenty of blokes here to chew the fat with over setups. IMO, stick to the older cars if you don't mind roughing it a little.. Little goes wrong with them and they are very reliable..
Jump in and enjoy

stewart118
17th January 2013, 01:24 PM
Looking for the 4.2 diesel without a turbo. we will be doing A LOT of driving and i understand the Turbos will wear out and without the turbo we can climb better. feel free to chat about that.
a few things we are looking at and need some advice on are good icebox to keep food for a week, we will need a few because we will have 2 Patrols and 12-14 people. along with that many people and need for enough supplies for at least a week advice on water containment, kitchen trailers, just what kind of good priced quality stuff do i need to camp for three weeks straight with 12 people. all around a big endevour, i know but lets see what we can manage aye! dont know about the Patrols yet, if anyone has some leads of good ones that would be helpfull.
I work with Youth With A Mission in Perth and we do Disciplship Training Schools(DTS) specializing in mobilizing young people into missions. we are in Perth for three months and then the nations for three months. the Goal of the new DTS is to attract those with a vein of adventure and oil in their blood to missions and see how they can bring change. we will be in Denham for three weeks as well as weekend trips. for the second section of out into the nations, we will be in the Kimberly.

I expect a lot of Chatter! stoked to hear what you guys say.
Stewart

Bob
17th January 2013, 01:28 PM
12 People with two Patrols together with Camping Equipment & Supplies. Not possible

fracster
17th January 2013, 02:30 PM
How do, unless the people are walking, it could be a tight squeeze getting them all in two Patrols.

stewart118
17th January 2013, 02:40 PM
def. be a tight squeeze! we are looking into trailers for much most of the supplies and will set up camp.

healy
17th January 2013, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Nissanpatrolgirl
17th January 2013, 05:43 PM
I have a Nissan 1998 Gu and love it...

Bob
18th January 2013, 07:45 AM
You really need to rethink your Plans mate as 6 People in each Patrol carrying equipment and pulling a Trailer is just not feasible.
Dont do it as it will end in trouble

stewart118
18th January 2013, 01:22 PM
How come? comfort is something we sacrifice and we wont be doing off roading fully loaded. plan is to set camp before any excursion.

gaddy
18th January 2013, 02:06 PM
Thats asking a lot of the vehicles and the people riding in them , reminds me of the old back packer troopies on fraser , an accident waiting to happen , by the time you get food clothing water , cooking gear for 12 onboard , you are going to need a couple of decent trailers , and remember that a patrol as with most vehicles is only good for about 80kg on the roof including the weight of the rack ,
I think that the idea and what you are doing is great but , 3 cars , 4 people per car and 1 trailer would be a safer and way more reliable , also if useing eskys remember about one third of each one will be ice and for 12 you will need some big ones , Personally I swear by eva cool for eskys pricey but tough as .
Just my 2 cents , hope you can get it sorted , the idea sounds great and good for the kids

Gaddy

K92
28th January 2013, 07:50 PM
Hi mate ! Welcome to 4x4 forum

my third 256
29th January 2013, 07:02 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen