PDA

View Full Version : Decent auto spark in Perth?

Kast
13th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone has had some good experience with an auto electrician in Perth that you're willing to refer me to. I'm just looking to do some wiring and battery work.

Cheers,

K and ST

Clunk
13th January 2013, 09:46 PM
There's a fella on the perth4x4.net forum who seems to be highly rated, there's a couple of guys in the WPC who have used him. Right now though I can't remember his user name but give a bit and it'll come to me.

Kast
14th January 2013, 12:57 AM
There's a fella on the perth4x4.net forum who seems to be highly rated, there's a couple of guys in the WPC who have used him. Right now though I can't remember his user name but give a bit and it'll come to me.

Thanks Clunk. I'm not sure if it'll help or hinder your memory but I've seen on an old thread mention a Pete from First Class auto elec, but I can't find him on the web.....

Clunk
14th January 2013, 01:19 AM
Thanks Clunk. I'm not sure if it'll help or hinder your memory but I've seen on an old thread mention a Pete from First Class auto elec, but I can't find him on the web.....

Ok found the thread on the WPC forum, it refers to a member on perth4x4 called ZBeast, drop him a pm and see how it goes.

Hope it helps

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Kast
14th January 2013, 07:10 PM
Legend. Thanks Clunk.

Kast
15th January 2013, 09:12 PM
OK I've tracked ZBeast down and he's booked in to come a play on the truck next Tuesday.

There's a few wouldn't trust my truck to anyone else type comments on some other forums so we'll see how it goes and I'll report back.

Clunk
15th January 2013, 11:13 PM
OK I've tracked ZBeast down and he's booked in to come a play on the truck next Tuesday.

There's a few wouldn't trust my truck to anyone else type comments on some other forums so we'll see how it goes and I'll report back.

Good stuff, hope it all gets sorted but like I said, from what I've read and from what a couple of guys in me club have said, he does a pucka job.......... don't forget to report back, Coz once ive got the extra coin, I want to get a new alarm, Immobilizer a and remote central locking done...... oh and sort out any dodgy wiring that may have been done by the previous owners lol

who you callin a TAP whore!!!!!?????

DX grunt
17th January 2013, 03:41 AM
.......... don't forget to report back, Coz once ive got the extra coin, I want to get a........

X2. I might need to hire him for the day to install all my mods. lol.

DX grunt
22nd January 2013, 11:01 PM

Bump.

How'd your truck go at the auto leckies?

Rossco

Kast
24th January 2013, 01:15 AM
Sorry Lads, been keeping busy getting the truck ready for the long weekend.

So yes, Hayden from Custom Car and Boat electrics. Top bloke (used to own a GU, but I'll forgive him for swapping over to a ranger for work and hunting). Really knows his stuff and does a good clean job. Tests everything before he's done, which as obvious as it sounds many don't do. He doesn't advertise at all, preferring to rely on referrals and word of mouth. Charges by the hour rather than by the job which can have upside and downside but we must have chatted for 30 minutes and he didn't charge me for that time or the full amount of time he was here.

Charging for parts is reasonable (think ebay prices + <10%) which would make some of the bigger shops sick.

Really happy with his input, his diagnosis and quality of work. We've already talked about the next round of add ons which he'll get when I have the mula. So by all mean guys, worth a very good shot.

Clunk
24th January 2013, 01:38 AM
That's good to hear, thanks for getting back Mate....... Time to start saving me thinks lol

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Kast
24th January 2013, 02:15 AM
Share and share alike guys. That's one of the good things about this forum. So thanks Clunk for initial lead........