PDA

View Full Version : Stainbauer Chip fine adjustment.... What does it do??? and does it work?

WogsRus
13th January 2013, 09:26 AM
Ok so i installed a chip for my mate in a GU7, which has made a big difference but he has a stock exhaust and you can feel it holding back a bit.

We left it stock on the +20% mark but are a bit stumped about the plus minus fine adjustment.

What does it do ? How do you tell if it works?

Is it like Plus minus power or just some parameter change?

We have turned it one way, max and did not notice much difference, like wise, when turned down.

Can someone shed some light for me.

WogsRus
13th January 2013, 12:15 PM
humm no takers

megatexture
13th January 2013, 12:23 PM
mate from my experience it just ups the fuel when turned to max. under load you will prob notice alot of smoke out the exhaust .
i turned mine up once all the way and coated my trailer in unburnt diesel and soot so i turned it down a bit, its just a little trial and error to find the sweet spot

Maxhead
13th January 2013, 12:23 PM
humm no takers

Sorry mate, can't help but hopefully someone with same chip can help soon.

threedogs
13th January 2013, 01:07 PM
I have DP chip, anything over 6 and it'll blow black smoke.
think the majority only increase fuel despite the sales pitch.
Mine it set on 5 no smoke heaps more poke, so I just leave it on 5 for towing as well
I also have full straight through 3" zorst

WogsRus
13th January 2013, 01:45 PM
The Chip is different to the DP chip as is does not plug into the rail but individual injectors. From the litriture, it says that the normal position is %20 extra power ect, then the dial just fine tunes to suit car characteristics, little more little less, but thats it. LOL.

WogsRus
14th January 2013, 06:55 AM
Ok Well did some testing with my mate and holy shit what a difference. Mine has exhaust and snorkle no chip, his has stock intake stock exhaust and a chip and the 0-100 time was 5 seconds slower for me, the dam things goes like its got after burners, incredible. The car simply pulls like a freight train, top end power is imply amazing compared to stock, would like to see what this thing will be like with an exhaust too.

I WANT ONE, only problem is mine is under warranty and as such i don;t want to do anythign to void it......HUMMMM....

ALSO, if you set the knob to max, it goes a bit better but drinks fuel in gallons, stock setting looks to be just fine.

Maxhead
14th January 2013, 07:00 AM
Ok Well did some testing with my mate and holy shit what a difference. Mine has exhaust and snorkle no chip, his has stock intake stock exhaust and a chip and the 0-100 time was 5 seconds slower for me, the dam things goes like its got after burners, incredible. The car simply pulls like a freight train, top end power is imply amazing compared to stock, would like to see what this thing will be like with an exhaust too.

I WANT ONE, only problem is mine is under warranty and as such i don;t want to do anythign to void it......HUMMMM....

ALSO, if you set the knob to max, it goes a bit better but drinks fuel in gallons, stock setting looks to be just fine.

Good stuff mate, glad you guys got it sorted.

Any economy reports yet? Also you say top end power increase, what about bottom end? I feel thats where the 3l lack but a good exhaust seems to help that low end a lot.

WogsRus
14th January 2013, 07:15 AM
Yeah i just wish i could install one in my car without Mr Nissan having a hissy fit.

The bottom end is not as good as mine, well not as linear, there seams to be a big lung at about 1800 rpm, where as mine starts pulling at about 1500-1600 rpm but i have an exhaust. Mine is starting to taper off at 3500 where as his pulls all the way to 4K or there about.

In terms of Economy can't tell as he never kept logs priot to the chip, but once he ha s a few tanks under him i will see what Km he gets out of the tanks.

I manage abut 900km out of 115L and i have full logs of mine so i can compare against his.

BUT at full max setting you can almost see the needle move every time you step on the go pedal. LOL.

Steve4wdin
14th January 2013, 07:33 AM
I have a Diesel Smart module / Chip whitch works on the same principle as the Stein. They adjust injector timing not fuel rail or pump presure. The plus 20% is for straight stock standard engine no mods. If your mate tows a heavy caravan or something like that dialit up a little. BE carefull of turbo over boosting.
Steve

WogsRus
14th January 2013, 07:39 AM
Thanks mate, yeah stock car at the moment and got the chip to tow a van, will pass it on. I suggested we take the car to run on some rolers just to fine tune it.