PDA

View Full Version : indicators

dads tractor
11th January 2013, 05:25 PM
Sorry guys need a quick answer has the gu st 1999 got a flash can or a relay for the indicators I'm out of time and I have no indicators or dash indication . tried standing on my head to look but all I saw was a relay on the left hand side of the column .I'm in a rush because am leaving for alice in the morning and only noticed on the way home; Dads crook in alice and the young fella wrote off his brand new 3lr patrol on the weekend and have been dealing with insurance etc 4000ks why does life flog you sometimes are well the pendulum must swing the other way sometimes sorry about the whinge.

MudRunnerTD
11th January 2013, 05:28 PM
Sorry Bud, thats a bad day.

pm Yendor mate he will tell you in a heart beat.

Good luck mate

Yendor
11th January 2013, 05:40 PM
It has an electronic flasher can. It is a black square box (about the size of a relay) and is mounted behind the trim below the steering wheel, about in line with you left knee when sitting in the drivers seat.

If you stick your head down near the pedals and look up towards the radio you will see it.

The hazards lights use the same flasher, so if they are still working this can not be your problem.

Have you checked the fuse for the indicators?

dads tractor
11th January 2013, 05:57 PM
yeah checked the fuse even replaced it JIC soory packing and working as well just going to check hazards back soon

Yendor
11th January 2013, 05:59 PM
The indicator fuse is fuse 11 in the fuse box inside the vehicle.

If this is blown check your trailer plug for damage'

If the flasher unit is faulty you can bypass it so that you can drive the vehicle until you are able to get a new one.

Doing this, the indicators will not flash, they will just stay on so you will need to manually turn the indicators on and off so it appears they are flashing.

At the flasher unit there a 3 wires, Red with a White trace, a Green wire and a Black wire.

You just need to unplug the flasher unit and with some wire join the Red with a White trace wire and the Green wire together.

Leave the Black wire disconnected.

dads tractor
11th January 2013, 06:00 PM
sooks and jocks done but no hazardes

dads tractor
11th January 2013, 06:03 PM
spare gu in the yard about to be a donor thanks yendor

Yendor
11th January 2013, 06:07 PM
Sorry I have to go out for awhile.

If they are still not working, check for power in the Red with a White trace wire (ignition on).

If there is no power and the indicator fuse is good you possible have a fault with the hazard light switch.

Check the connector at the back of the switch, make sure it is still connected correctly.

Then try the donor vehicles hazard switch.

Good luck with it.

dads tractor
11th January 2013, 06:21 PM
done flashing like a dianna ross concert sorry that I pulled you in like that but am a bit rattled at the moment and it was the STRAW as they say .When you have a quiet moment are they geniune or can I use hella or another brand to fit straight in and maybe a part number ,thanks a million mate i am so grateful.

the evil twin
11th January 2013, 06:41 PM
done flasking like a donna ross concert sorry that I pulled you in like that but am a bit rattled at the moment and it was the STRAW as they say .When you have a quiet moment are they geniune or can I use hella or another brand to fit straight in and maybe a part number ,thanks a million mate i am so grateful.

There are generic 3 pin cans around you can use but be aware that they come in two variations with pos and gnd pins swapped (load is always centre). IE Positive on left and Positive on right

Just double check you get the correct can... I recall them as Positive terminal on the left but check your old one as I've been wrong about 10 times today and it isn't even tea time here in WA