PDA

View Full Version : Jobs you have had and Places you have lived

Woof
26th November 2010, 10:03 PM
Todd gave me this idea for a new thread.
Me 1st I suppose:
Meat Worker (Labourer) Cowra NSW 2 year
Meat Worker (Slicer) Narracoorte SA 12 months
Contract Fencer Cowra NSW 3 months
Meat Worker (Slaughter Man) Condobolin NSW 2 years
Professional Roo Shooter Condobolin NSW 9 months
Wheat Carter Condobolin NSW 1 season
Armature Winder Bathurst NSW 6 months
Forklift Driver, Extruder Operator (Petfood) Bathurst NSW 20 years
Process Technician (Petfood) Bathurst NSW see above
Quality Assurance Manager, Safety Officer and Warehouse Manager (Petfood) Wangara WA 3.5 years
Dog Groomer Mandurah WA 6 years
Next job starts in June 2011, location 176ks off the West Coast of WA

Bloody hell, no wonder I feel old:049:

NissanGQ4.2
26th November 2010, 10:33 PM
Shit i lead a boring work life Wayne, thanks 4 the info btw

Assistant Leadlighter ( making lead light panels for kitchen cupboard's and Entry doors ) 22nd September 1991 – 10th April 1992

Labourer - Erecting steel and vinyl wall cladding, Installing new gutters...general carpentry. October 1993 – 18th April 1994

Storeman - Pick / Packer, picking and packing alcohol.....Casual job after me real job ...........2001– 2005

Assistant Manager / Weighbridge Operator...............................15th August 1994 - 20th May 2005

Labourer - Trenching and cable laying ( optical fiber )..................1st June 2005 – 29th July 2005

Storeman, Pick / Packer, Delivery driving, computer work, lots of other things...............1st August 2005 – 1st December 2009

Currently Work for a pet wholesale company, Pick / Packer yet again :):):) Feb 2010 - Current

That's my boring underpaid work life *L*

Chris72GQ
26th November 2010, 10:44 PM
good post Doggy,
i am not as old as you but the list of jobs is as long as yours, i started working for wages when i was 13, on weekends after playing footy on saturday morning and during school holidays
ok here is the list, starting from way back when i was 13 in 1985

Stacker - fruit packing shed, boxes of fruits in Manjimup WA, packed boxes would come down the line i would stack them onto pallets 6 boxes high, 48 12 - 15kg boxes per pallet best i stacked in an 8 hr was 400 pallets(remember i was only 13 did this for 2 years,
Forklift Driver - same place
moved to perth and worked at a couple of supermarkets doing whatever until i got my apprenticeship
Apprentice Glazier 4 years 2 companies
Glazier worked all through WA
Driver for Hookers did this for 12 months, was excellent pay and fringe benefiets hehehehe
went back to glazing for a while
had shoulder reconstruction in 1999
started driving buses public transport in wa 2 years
truck driver for a couple of years
went back to glazing in 2006 been in it since
also done security and crowd control for a number of years on weekends etc for about 10 years on n off
the longest i have ever worked in the same job is just over 2 years
i am sure i have adult ADD coz i get so bored with jobs hehehehe

Places i have lived
Born in Geraldton WA
Lived in
Cue WA, Meekatharra WA, Geraldton WA, Manjimup WA, Thornlie Maddington Gosnells Huntingdale Perth WA, Kalgoorlie WA, Penrith NSW,
now back in Gosnells WA

Finly Owner
26th November 2010, 11:12 PM
Since leaving high school in 1986 I have held full-time jobs, par-time jobs, and work experience. Some were a couple of days, some were a couple of weeks and some a year or more.

I have had the joy of learning many things.

I will try to summarise:

Labouring; mowing and slashing, tomato picking, concrete tank making onsite, shed erection, hammer hand, paving, mango picking, fertilising hazel nut trees, chicken farm hand, fencing, green house assembly and installation, dump worker recovering saleable items, scrap metal worker.

Retail; stationary shop assistant and delivery driver, sandwich shop and Kennards hire currently.

Process work; windsceen manufacturing, cabinet making chipboard/laminated and pine, postforming laminated tops, materials recovery facility worker(recycling plant); Machine operating involved in some most of this.

Driving; tilt tray driver and assorted delivery driver jobs inc kennards hire. Forklift driver in various jobs.

My resume makes me look like a risky employee, but if you look deeper you see I'm adaptable and willing to try and learn anything.

I started my life in Carlton in Victoria, we lived in Braybrook, Malvern East then we moved to Qld when I was approx 9, and we lived in West End for 12 months before moving to Beenleigh. I moved around the local area Eagleby, Loganholme, Carbrook, Marsden, Loganlea, Logan Village, before moving to NSW. We Lived in Emu Plains before returning back up here. I stayed in Woodridge before settling in this rented place in Tamborine. Forgot I lived in Glenwood some years ago for a while too.

arinol
26th November 2010, 11:14 PM
cool post mate im only 21 years old so i haven't had many jobs so my list will be short.

started in the towns work school when i was 12,

got a job in a factory when i was just 15, it was a plastic molding factory that made botles and plates to keep yogurts in place. the most boring job ever standing at the end of the assembly line and stacking the plates up. dit that for 2 summers,

the i got a job as a landscaper for 2 summers and half a year, decited to take a brake from school and go traveling to africa which was a lot of fun, that job short of made my back bad,

so since then ive been in collage and working in a pet preform for botles factory in the summers and weekends. and occasionally at my friends garage.

YNOT
26th November 2010, 11:43 PM
You lot make me seem boring,

Started at Q Ford in Springwood doing my motor mechanics apprenticeship, stayed there for 5 years.

Moved to Bryan Byrt Ford at Mt Gravatt, (workshop was later relocated to Mansfield) stayed there 11 years

I've spent the last 3.5 years working as a mobile machine technician for Tennant.

I grew up in Sunnybank, moved to Regents Park in Logan when I first got married, 3 years ago I moved to Flagstone/Jimboomba with my current wife.

Tony

Finly Owner
26th November 2010, 11:45 PM
You lot make me seem boring,

Started at Q Ford in Springwood doing my motor mechanics apprenticeship, stayed there for 5 years.

Moved to Bryan Byrt Ford at Mt Gravatt, (workshop was later relocated to Mansfield) stayed there 11 years

I've spent the last 3.5 years working as a mobile machine technician for Tennant.

I grew up in Sunnybank, moved to Regents Park in Logan when I first got married, 3 years ago I moved to Flagstone/Jimboomba with my current wife.

Tony
Hey you left out hewlett

DX grunt
27th November 2010, 12:13 AM
Me,

Left home at 17
8+ years Navy
13 years security including 3 years Navy Reserves
7+ years Local Government Road Safety, including 2 years Volunteer Ambulance Officer & 6 years Volunteer Local Manager of a SES Unit
Been back in security for 3 years

Bigrig
27th November 2010, 12:26 AM
Well, I started as an intern in the ballistics division and showing a large amount of deductive and evidencial detail capability, I quickly escalated through the ranks to become Senior 'able to kill people with my stare' Agent ...

Hang on ... you guys want real jobs??? oh ....

18 jobs in 3 different countries over 23 years ... lived in Bris Vegas mostly, but have called Sydney, Canberra, Singapore, London, Oxford, Brackley (Northhamptonshire England), Milton Keynes (Bedfordshire England) Edinburgh, Dublin, and Northern England (Leicester and Sheffield) home at one time or another ...

YNOT
27th November 2010, 12:40 AM
Hey you left out hewlett

I count Hewletts as my first year with Tennant. Tennant took over industrial servicing from private companies like Hewletts 2 years ago, and took the techs (and all entitlements) with them.

You have a good memory!

Tony

pauljud
27th November 2010, 12:16 PM
Thats a great thread Wayne, I'm going to go away work out my list of jobs and then out them up
Good onya mate

Paulie

GAZMAN GU
27th November 2010, 04:25 PM
I will start with after school work and hols
Worked with mum at her job making milk shake flavoring at hallows miami (amazing how much sugar goes in to them)
Worked with the old man in the timber yard, fencing, hardware store and renovating there house.
Left school at 15 and started apprenticeship as a greenkepper at the grand golf course (formerly gilston golf club)
Finished apprenticeship at Parkwood golf club
Wokerd at Sanctuary Cove for a few months
Done tree lopping and landscaping for a while with a few different companies
Currently working for the same company for 18 years in Contracting golf course maintance & landscaping
Started at the Sheraton Mirage at the Spit doing landscaping for first 6 years
Then worked on the golf course contracts starting with Palm Meadow, Arundel golf club, Kooralbyn Golf club.
The bosses son raced in the national Formula ford series and i was in the pit crew driving the car around the country to the differnt race tracks.
The formula ford where a supports event for the V8 super cars so had pit pass to go in the V8 pits and look at the cars and talk to the drivers.
The transporter was a Holden crewman X8 towing a fith wheeler.
Then worked in the office for a couple of years (as the office Bitch)
Currently working back on the golf courses at Club Banora (Until the Oz trip starting in April next Year)
Can anyone beat 18 years at the same company
Cheers Gazman

Finly Owner
27th November 2010, 10:12 PM
I count Hewletts as my first year with Tennant. Tennant took over industrial servicing from private companies like Hewletts 2 years ago, and took the techs (and all entitlements) with them.

You have a good memory!

Tony

only of the stuff and people that interest me

Finly Owner
27th November 2010, 10:16 PM
I will start with after school work and hols
Worked with mum at her job making milk shake flavoring at hallows miami (amazing how much sugar goes in to them)
Worked with the old man in the timber yard, fencing, hardware store and renovating there house.
Left school at 15 and started apprenticeship as a greenkepper at the grand golf course (formerly gilston golf club)
Finished apprenticeship at Parkwood golf club
Wokerd at Sanctuary Cove for a few months
Done tree lopping and landscaping for a while with a few different companies
Currently working for the same company for 18 years in Contracting golf course maintance & landscaping
Started at the Sheraton Mirage at the Spit doing landscaping for first 6 years
Then worked on the golf course contracts starting with Palm Meadow, Arundel golf club, Kooralbyn Golf club.
The bosses son raced in the national Formula ford series and i was in the pit crew driving the car around the country to the differnt race tracks.
The formula ford where a supports event for the V8 super cars so had pit pass to go in the V8 pits and look at the cars and talk to the drivers.
The transporter was a Holden crewman X8 towing a fith wheeler.
Then worked in the office for a couple of years (as the office Bitch)
Currently working back on the golf courses at Club Banora (Until the Oz trip starting in April next Year)
Can anyone beat 18 years at the same company
Cheers Gazman

Gaz I can offer a range of ground care equipment from work you may be paying contractors to do. Call 3290 1700 Kennards Hire Slacks Ck or go to kennardshire.com.au and check out the ground care divison.

Tim

Finly Owner
27th November 2010, 10:17 PM
Well, I started as an intern in the ballistics division and showing a large amount of deductive and evidencial detail capability, I quickly escalated through the ranks to become Senior 'able to kill people with my stare' Agent ...

Hang on ... you guys want real jobs??? oh ....

18 jobs in 3 different countries over 23 years ... lived in Bris Vegas mostly, but have called Sydney, Canberra, Singapore, London, Oxford, Brackley (Northhamptonshire England), Milton Keynes (Bedfordshire England) Edinburgh, Dublin, and Northern England (Leicester and Sheffield) home at one time or another ...

You sound like Fed cop or something LOL

Finly Owner
27th November 2010, 10:28 PM
Lawn mower 1986-87
Paper boy 1987-89
Barman 1992-93
Paint shop sales 1991-95
Furniture removalist 1995
Clothing distribution centre 1995
Galaxy TV installer 1995
Delivery driver 1995
Barman 1996
Prawn trawler deckhand 1996
Labourer 1996
Forklift driver 1997
Machine operator 1997-98
Forklift driver 1998
Bus driver 1998-2001
Student 2001-05
Building Surveyor 2003 - present

I see you've been a barman so, you pouring the drinks tonight?

Finly Owner
27th November 2010, 10:34 PM
Oh man what r u doin?

Bigrig
27th November 2010, 10:37 PM
You sound like Fed cop or something LOL

Not quite mate ... their travel is paid for!!! lol

Bigrig
27th November 2010, 10:38 PM
Nup. Just had a cup of tea. How hardcore!!

Have I missed something? Is daylight savings like 9 hours ahead in Victoria and it's actually 7:00am in the morning down there??

beansathome
28th November 2010, 12:07 AM
im 24 but i have had 2 many jobs
started off in a fruit shop tweed heads
aprentic chef kingscliff
sales staff mermaid beach
bilo fresh produce Tweed heads
managed the coolangatta carvery coolangatta
sales asistant archerfield
builders laborer goldcoast
metal fabrecation laborer
navy marine tecnition melbourne

curently being payed by vetrens afairs 2 sit at home best job ever
im missing some jobs i cant remember lol

Bigrig
28th November 2010, 12:17 PM
aprentic chef kingscliff

Crikey mate - I thought I had gone through some jobs!!! lol ...

wildgu6
28th November 2010, 02:00 PM
Paper round – 3years – Geelong Vic
Deli assistant – part time for parents – 2 years – Geelong Vic
Pastry cook – 18 months – hours dint suit social life – Geelong Vic
Servo attendant / workshop assistant – 3 years – Geelong Vic
Labourer Mechanical work – 6 months – Geelong Vic
Part time servo attendant – 3 years – Geelong Vic
Machine setter /metalware products – 3 years – Geelong Vic
Leading hand / same – 3 years – Geelong Vic
Fruit Picker – 3 months – Renmark S.A
Painter & decorator – 2 years – Renmark S.A
Painter & decorator 4 years – Adelaide S.A
Slitter operator / Coil steel – 1 year – Adelaide S.A
Forklift operator 15t / Gantry crane operator – 6 months – Adelaide S.A
Production Supervisor / Sheet & coil steel – 5 years – Adelaide S.A
Assistant production manager – 1 year – Adelaide S.A
Purchasing & Planning – 3 years - Adelaide S.A
Commercial Painter & Decorator – 2 years – current –Adelaide S.A

FURTHER TRAINING
Certificate iv Competitive Manufacturing (Australian Management Development)
Certificate iv Business Management ( Business SA )
Occupational Health Safety & Welfare Representative. ( Level 1 )
Bridge & Gantry Equipment Awareness (AFTC Industrial Training & Logistics)
Plant Risk Assessment. ( Business SA )
Conflict Resolution. ( Kilby Menz )
Manual Handling. ( Recovery )
Painter & Decorator certificate. (HIA)
Supervisory course ( M.T.I.A Melbourne )

Born Horsham Vic, moved to Geelong Vic early teens, Moved to Renmark S.A late 20’s for a couple of years then moved to Adelaide. Been here ever since.
Total house moves all up 11.
Like Doggy no wonder I feel old :1092:

Cheers Pete.

beansathome
28th November 2010, 02:51 PM
Crikey mate - I thought I had gone through some jobs!!! lol ...

i got bored so i changed jobs alot only took 2 days 2 get a new job lol. i have the best job at the moment thow.

Finly Owner
28th November 2010, 11:08 PM
aprentic chef kingscliff

sitting at home, doing nothing in Gympie??????? Yeah we all know the things that go on in Gympie and surrounding districts???????

Finly Owner
28th November 2010, 11:12 PM
I vote Wild98(Pete) as peace keeper on the 2012 gathering with his conflict resolution qualifications he should be able to keep every acting peacefully???????????????????

Tim

beansathome
28th November 2010, 11:16 PM
sitting at home, doing nothing in Gympie??????? Yeah we all know the things that go on in Gympie and surrounding districts???????

lol what goes on in gympie ?? i have only been here a few months.

Finly Owner
28th November 2010, 11:25 PM
Ok the best cannabis is grown all around you up there, Gunalda, Bauple, Theebine, Curra, Glenwood, Kilkivan, and guns of all type on black market. I was living up that way some years ago.

Tim

beansathome
28th November 2010, 11:30 PM
Ok the best cannabis is grown all around you up there, Gunalda, Bauple, Theebine, Curra, Glenwood, Kilkivan, and guns of all type on black market. I was living up that way some years ago.

Tim

news 2 me lol oh well. every where has its problems. its not 2 bad up here its better then vic well the weather is better.

Bigrig
29th November 2010, 08:46 AM

Tim

Ok Timbo ... enlighten us - "the best cannabis" would suggest you've done a fair bit of research on the topic!!! lmfao ...

SIMO2X
29th November 2010, 09:48 AM
FInsihed year12 in 2002, Joined the Army did my apprenticeship as an Armourment Fitter (Fitter machinist but worked on weapons and small engines) for 7 years, now I'm a youth worker doing in home care and mentoring for kids not as privelaged and Been doing that for 2 years now

wildgu6
29th November 2010, 09:04 PM
I vote Wild98(Pete) as peace keeper on the 2012 gathering with his conflict resolution qualifications he should be able to keep every acting peacefully???????????????????

Tim

Gee thanks Tim, A 1000 angry beasts, Ever seen National Geographic with the wildebeest migration.
I vote you as my deputy, and just remember buddy,
The best way to sooth the beast is, Food (dont they say the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach) but i think we will add Booze to that to for this lot.
And if that fails we'll call this fella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fPdE9NwP0

Cheers Pete :210::210::210::210::210:

89GQ
29th November 2010, 09:49 PM
79 Upholsterer Adelaide (glue made me sick)
80 Painter Adelaide
80 - 86 Plasterer Palmy nth. NZ
86 -88 Labourer/chipie london.
88- 91 Kibbutz in Israel Volunteer, $30 a month but fed and clothed. Best time of my life!!!!!
91 - 92 Roofing gang in Los Angelies.
92- 94 back to NZ Plasterer
94 - 2008 Adelaide Plasterer self employed. Fell off scaffold ! Money before safety builder!!
2008- now doing courses,OH&S,Supervisors, Sitting on my but with a fu##ed shoulder 2 ops later still cant use it.

Finly Owner
29th November 2010, 11:12 PM
pete thats totally anilation

wildgu6
1st December 2010, 10:10 PM
pete thats totally anilation

Yer, Sick hey. 50 cal sniper riffle at that distance. Sure does some damage