PDA

View Full Version : 3" exhaust

MyTrol
10th January 2013, 10:04 PM
hey all, I was wondering if anyone has a naturally aspirated td42 with a 3" exhaust on it. if so, where did you get it? and does it sound good??

Winnie
10th January 2013, 10:18 PM
Huge overkill for an NA motor and I reckon would sound crap! Turbos need the bigger exhaust and sound awesome with it too.have you got plans for a turbo down the track or someone?

MyTrol
10th January 2013, 10:45 PM
somewhere down the track i do. money is the issue at the moment

what do you think extractors and bigger exhaust would be like??

Ben-e-boy
10th January 2013, 10:54 PM
hey all, I was wondering if anyone has a naturally aspirated td42 with a 3" exhaust on it. if so, where did you get it? and does it sound good??

hey mate. a set of extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust, a quality air filter and wind the fuel up a bit will make a noticable difference.

BigRAWesty
11th January 2013, 12:38 AM
A 3" is do-able but needs a decent muffler to get rid of the drone..

A set of extractors and 2.5" can be bought off the shelf easy enough.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bloodyaussie
11th January 2013, 07:38 AM
Andy runs a 3inch on his oil burner!!!

AB
11th January 2013, 07:43 AM
Andy runs a 3inch on his oil burner!!!

With turbo though...

I would be putting the turbo on first mate, then go your 3" exhaust. You'll never look back, best decision I ever made!!!!

Winnie
11th January 2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah I wouldn't waste your money on an exhaust now because you would only wanna go 2.5" then turbo later it would be under sized?
Hey Andy is yours straight through? Sounds like a demon possessed and makes me drool a bit

nissannewby
11th January 2013, 09:17 AM
Wait til the turbo. Small gains can be had with a setup like ben-e-boy has stated but if a turbo is in the pipeline then its money wasted cos it will all be removed when the turbo comes. There are some cheap turbo setups getting around that I have heard anything bad about and turbo manifold can be had for about 200. Be patient it will be worth it.

Bloodyaussie
11th January 2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah sorry I missed that bit... 3inch without a turbo would be gutless with no back pressure and the droning noise would drive you mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.5 max for stock.............

MyTrol
14th January 2013, 04:03 PM
thanks all for your advice