PDA

View Full Version : Rear gq shocks

Xfactor
10th January 2013, 06:51 PM
Hey people
Looks like I have a weeping lovells rght rear shock, hasnt been worked hard at all ..sooo
What do you`s think of EFS ? or other brand?
the GQ is mainly used to tow a camper or the van and has air bags so I dont want a harsh - hard ride
Thought and or advice appreciated
Cheers

MudRunnerTD
10th January 2013, 07:01 PM
you could just buy 1 Lovells to replace the one that is buggered? how big is your lift? How old is the shock? is it still under warranty? Is it the right length for your lift?

Xfactor
10th January 2013, 08:07 PM
SHOCK 3 YRS .. 50mm lift and was all done by Lovells at same time, yeh thought of buying the 1 to replace, never really been quite happy with them
Cheers

GQ TANK
10th January 2013, 10:34 PM
Consider tough dog - as suposed to be one of the best aroun.

TuffTD42
11th January 2013, 12:15 AM
Best ride I have had was from TJM XGS shocks. I run Tough dog adjustables now & are a pretty good shock, but I reckon the ride is a bit harsh on road. I ran the xgs's with the 6" toughdog coils that are in it now, so the shocks were compared with the same coil.

Flo-w
11th January 2013, 07:37 PM
One of my EFSs has just spat the dummy. My mechanic wants to replace both rear shocks with Old Man Emu now. I'll keep the still-good shock as a spare for those longer trips.

Morton
11th January 2013, 07:49 PM
look at tough dog adjustables then, I just ordered TD adjustables 41mm for the rear of my GU, already have them on all corners in my maverick but they are 45mm bigbores

melcor
16th January 2013, 05:24 PM
ive got EFS on my mav and the wife has PRO COMP on her GQ wagon .. no probs with mine , bit rough but it is a shorty , but as for the wifes , excellent , by far the most comfortable and drivable GQ i've ever been in .. 4"lift and 33" MTZs

Xfactor
18th January 2013, 12:22 PM
JEEZ ....not making it easier for me
Cheers

BigRAWesty
18th January 2013, 12:30 PM
One of my EFSs has just spat the dummy. My mechanic wants to replace both rear shocks with Old Man Emu now. I'll keep the still-good shock as a spare for those longer trips.

Ome are a good solid setup. Just make sure he orders the comfort shock, not standard. Standards are a bit harsh..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Morton
20th January 2013, 10:39 PM
just fitted Tough Dog foam cell shocks alround on my GU, I couldnt be happier, I didnt go with the adjustables as I had to wait another month

honest271
26th January 2013, 08:28 AM
Pretty easy mate go Konis, never have trouble again.
cheers honest

Xfactor
17th July 2013, 08:26 AM
OK ... I went Bilsteins ... holy dooly what a ride now, beats the lovells I had hands down, totally altered the handling .. woohoo