PDA

View Full Version : Another company going overseas and my wife out of work!!

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 01:03 PM
Well my wife who is the financial controller of a manufacturing company was right all along and all those dicks in production and sales were way off.

The bosses have come over from China and in the last 4 days she knew it was coming today it is official with production being moved to Asia, well the gaming side of things anyway.

She knew about 4 months ago as all the signs were there and kept telling production to sort there crap out.... they did one job to make 500,000 baby bottle teats and 250,000 were defective?? profit gone loss made.

There have been so many jobs like this and even just in the last month the budget came in for the overtime to do this one really big job of $600,000 thats overtime not wages all up??
The job came over budget and it made a loss of $100,000.

The production teams had no idea of there costing and would treat my wife like shit for being a kill joy to there spend happy attitude and jobs for the boys!!!!

Now a whole factory floor of workers are out of work..about 80 I think and all of management and sales (useless pricks)

My wife is one of the lucky ones as she has been asked to stay to the end to see it all go through.

It pisses me off and you wonder while they are killing us overseas its not just the cheap labour its the shit mindset we have here.......!!!

So about another 100 people out of work and most of them unskilled labour.

We should be good here as the payout will be ok and she is a smart woman who will get work.

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonicus
10th January 2013, 01:16 PM
Man, that is just so wrong!

For management, the production side, to be that useless and negligent, despite warnings from your wife who is in the job of advising on costs etc., to cause the closure of a plant is just criminal.

ACA or Today Tonight will probably have some bleeding heart story on tonight about how manufacturing is being moved overseas and costing Aussie jobs because the company owners are greedy, rather than reporting the real reason that the Aussies in charge were useless and were running the business into the ground.

I hope your wife is able to land herself a new job without any hassles.

MEGOMONSTER
10th January 2013, 01:26 PM
Feed your workers bananas, you get monkeys.
Feed your workers caviar, you get sharks.
No win either way. 3 Bucks a day in china sounds good for the boss, even if half the manufactured products are rejected.
Wish your Missus all the best in her job searching. Right minded people are hard to come by. Tell her to reach for the skies in her future career choice.

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 01:29 PM
Hey BA - that's no good mate - hope you guys are OK and your wife finds something easily and soon!

Jas

Winnie
10th January 2013, 01:31 PM
I wish your wife luck in finding a new job mate. Not a good time for you to have car problems either.
Good things will come to you

choppie
10th January 2013, 01:47 PM
The average Aussie workers need to get there act together or there will be more out of work,
have noticed a lot of factory/production workers very complacent.
Hope boss gets another good job when she finishes BA

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 02:56 PM
I have always been a middle man that believes in hard work pay well for it.... but not get paid just because you are there!!

Then there are the the white collar that think staff are like light bulbs...... not a union man but not a white collar... a hard days work for a fair days pay!!!!!

I went through 5 dumb asses last year and most wanted everything but did stuff all for it... only one was good but it was never a long term thing for him due to Uni and location.

I hate the us against them attitude..

89gqpatrol4x4
10th January 2013, 07:08 PM
one of the problems is mate that the employee's don't see the big picture. Yes the boss is making more money but it's his balls on the line not theirs. If they don't work hard and help make the buisiness profitable then the company may fold and their out of a job simple as that!

threedogs
10th January 2013, 07:19 PM
Sad to hear BA but these days its nothing to do with loyalty its all about the numbers,
Its no wonder everything goes off shore, IMO it stinks, Hope something comes along buddy
Chin up hey

NissanGQ4.2
10th January 2013, 07:55 PM
Sorry to here BA, sounds like ur boss is switched on and will pick up work easy.

Yes we do have a lot of lazy workers in the Australian workforce, but why is this so???? Yes I understand company owners are in it to make money and if employee's don't work hard and help make the business profitable then the company may fold and their out of a job, but when employee's see the boss making big profits each year and you as an employee still gets sh!t all for working your arse off then then they become lazy.

I work my arse of each day while I see fellow employee's standing around talking. We have a forklift driver that I think is the laziest person in the whole warehouse yet he gets paid more than me because he is a " Forklift Driver ". The managers know he is lazy yet nothing is said.........

We have had some software mods done for the scanners for the the warehouse staff to help in there daily tasks and make things quicker for us, this software was programmed and paid for well over 6 months ago yet the in-house IT person is to lazy to install it on our scanners.

Don't know where I was going with this......................maybe I should just become a lazy worker like the rest of em :)

krbrooking
10th January 2013, 08:07 PM
I supose the good thing about all this is that you have a fair idea of when your boss will end up out of work, so you are able to prep for it and hopefully walk straight into the next one. "If there is a silver lining to be found."

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 08:25 PM
Mate dont worry I understand.... when I was 14 I was an apprentice Jockey and worked 7 days a week and on average it would be an 18 hour day, no bullshit!!

I earn t about $65 after costs.

When I was 16 going on 17 I worked at the Esplanade Hotel and within 6 months I was head bus boy and hired fired up to 18 staff during peak season and basically ran the show before I was 18, worked on and off there for years.

I worked my ass off at that job and put together a good crew and all the good hours went to the people who really wanted to work and all the lazy so and so's time was ticking!

I dont expect blood but I cant handle lazy, sneaking off for a bludge.

I worked with a bloke who was just like that idiot on Seinfeld and if he put as much effort into actually doing work than he does avoiding it he would be a top worker.

My wife is flippin about this and I am stressed but she assures me it will all be fine???

Winnie
10th January 2013, 08:49 PM
2IC at my last work was just like you described, always showed up whenever he wanted and not when he was supposed to. Tripled his lunch breaks etc... But the boss was too scared to ever say anything to him!? I basically did all his work on top of mine so couldnt work out why he got paid more than me? Glad I'm out of there.

MQ MAD
10th January 2013, 11:11 PM
She knew about 4 months ago as all the signs were there and kept telling production to sort there crap out.... they did one job to make 500,000 baby bottle teats and 250,000 were defective?? profit gone loss made.

There have been so many jobs like this and even just in the last month the budget came in for the overtime to do this one really big job of $600,000 thats overtime not wages all up??
The job came over budget and it made a loss of $100,000.

It pisses me off and you wonder while they are killing us overseas its not just the cheap labour its the shit mindset we have here.......!!!

Ill tell you ,its absolute dumbass business management right there ,,,,,,,,,
No business can sucessfully sustain a 50 % production loss,none
Why was overtime even needed , couldnt the dumbass management control the hours on a 1 shift allowance or perhaps a decent roster without throwing OT rates at it
A business like that , and no disrespect to the missus here, but id sack any or all production staff for a total screw up like that
The local RSL can run a chook raffle better than that ..............
You wonder why the country is goin down the drain
Were full of dole bludgers and slack people who want to milk companies for all their worth,or milk the system to their personal needs
Maybe the bosses or someone with brains should have docked pays for individuals stuff ups, then they would leave or suffered the financial issues of their stuff ups
I had a young fella working for me years ago, his dad asked for 2nds,when i mentioned i dont make 2nds , the son,my employee magically started making 2nds to his dads orders
Once i mentioned , youve been doin it for years why the stuff ups, ill dock you for it, he magically pulled his head in .....

NissanGQ4.2
10th January 2013, 11:18 PM
Just read this on FaceAche from a friend, says it all

I do apologise to all we know for the fact that this year my boss has decided to open on Australia Day!!! As a result, our annual Aust Day Party has been cancelled.... So much for an Australian owned/operated company.... Seems Australia is the last thing on their minds...

Bloodyaussie
11th January 2013, 08:00 AM
The head of the company is in China and they are so detached from whats going on, mags would tell them one thing and then the General Manager would say something else and they always believed the General manager??

They would constantly have to ask for money from China to pay the bills??

I could go on for ages but as I promised my wife I wont get worked up over it and not get the shits over the way this is all being handled........

MQ MAD
11th January 2013, 09:40 AM
I could go on for ages but as I promised my wife I wont get worked up over it and not get the shits over the way this is all being handled........
Dont beat yourself up over it .......
Youve got , no doubt ,other issues you need to keep in track,than an ailing business,not yours ,thats goin elsewhere

MQ MAD
11th January 2013, 09:53 AM
Just read this on FaceAche from a friend, says it all

I do apologise to all we know for the fact that this year my boss has decided to open on Australia Day!!! As a result, our annual Aust Day Party has been cancelled.... So much for an Australian owned/operated company.... Seems Australia is the last thing on their minds...

My heart doesnt bleed for people like this
Ive worked aussie day,boxing day,crissy day, anzac day ,new years day,and any other public holiday, had holidays cancelled within a weeks notice,yet gave 5-6 months notice
Ive worked more sundays than many have had a hot meal,it didnt hurt me,its really just another day
The local maccas offered people to work chrissy day, noone volunteered for the roster,but when the boss offered $40 an hour, they lined up for miles
Many companies wether its aussie day or not do a good trade on that day,so in a retail industry thats failing at the seems,why not open on a public holiday,regardless of what it is, and try and generate some $$$
While to many it could be frowned upon to work aussie day and not celebrate the country,but perhaps generating some funds to help keep the doors open could be the bigger picture
Party costs,anything else, maybe the boss just doesnt have the funds ........
Some people need to run a business and see how rosy it isnt in this bad economic times we are all in ......