PDA

View Full Version : Geotagging Videos with Iphone's or Androids

AB
10th January 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm trying to work out an easy way to geotag videos with Iphones or Android devices.

I think Apple automatically embeds geotagged data for the photos but what about videos?

I read somewhere that you can get the geotag data through Windows Explorer but buggered if I can find it???

Spent a bit of time trying to find an APP that would record the co-oridnates of videos too but no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas on the most user friendly way to georeference videos easily from Iphones or Android devices?

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 09:40 AM
Hi AB - I can help with iPhone. If you import into iPhoto then the georeference comes up. Basically shows the location information and even includes a Google Earth Map. Let me know if you need more info?If you're working from a PC not 100% sure but the geo info is definitely stored.

Jas

Clunk
10th January 2013, 09:47 AM
You turn on Geotagging for photos in the cameras setup in most Android phones..... Haven't worked out the video side of things yet.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 09:48 AM
Hi mate - a snap of iPhoto and the georef in the bottom right. This was taken on an iPhone 3s in 2011.

AB
10th January 2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks mate, will check it out....I was just trying to search for geo tag and geo reference, gps locations, etc for video.

AB
10th January 2013, 09:49 AM
A lot of people say it doesnt work on video though. I'll check it out though.

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 09:52 AM
Hi mate - if you're on Windows Exiftool is the thing.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

There is a windows executable near the top. If you have any problems let me know.

Jas

AB
10th January 2013, 10:05 AM
Hi mate - if you're on Windows Exiftool is the thing.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

There is a windows executable near the top. If you have any problems let me know.

Jas

Thats a great little program there!!!

I can use that for many things here, cheers Jas!

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 10:08 AM
No worries AB - a heap of files store metadata - glad it helps.

Jas

AB
10th January 2013, 10:42 AM
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html

Here's a little conversion tool too.

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 11:02 AM
Oh my god you two are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 11:07 AM
Ahhh c'mon BA - you love it when we talk tech to you!

Jas

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 11:11 AM
I am felling dirty!!!!
I can't even get my CCTV to work on my phone and it is suppose to be easy?

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 11:26 AM
What phone do you have BA?

Jas

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 11:49 AM
iphone 4s...... sunluxy cctv system and my mate came round to have a play but no joy!!!

taslucas
10th January 2013, 12:01 PM
iphone 4s...... sunluxy cctv system and my mate came round to have a play but no joy!!!

We really don't want to see you and your mate playing on CCTV!!

Tap, crackle, pop

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 01:47 PM

Is there an app for that - or does it connect via bluetooth?

Jas

Bloodyaussie
10th January 2013, 01:52 PM
I think you need the app then you use like a remote access as it runs through my router...

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 01:55 PM
Ok - do you connect to your router from your iPhone via Wifi? Because if you are connecting over 3G (telco network) into your home network you may have firewall restrictions in place. If you are connecting to your home network on your iPhone - are the camera and the phone on the same network?

Jas

AB
10th January 2013, 01:55 PM
Instructions BA?