PDA

View Full Version : Good auto sparkie - Brisbane city area

lorrieandjas
9th January 2013, 11:43 PM
Hey guys - know this questions asked a lot but searched and couldn't find a recommendation. Looking for a good auto elec to install things like UHF, brake controller, Anderson plugs to the rear towbar, spotties, etc. Got a few jobs to be done - would do some myself but am pretty fussy about the finish and a good job. Have used G&T Electrics in the past but they are now a little west of where I'm at. Anyone you guys have used and would recommend. Prefer quality over price to be honest.

Jas

BigRAWesty
10th January 2013, 12:43 AM
As mentioned I have a low voltage certification.
If you feel like a drive I'm a cheap buy...
Have you figured where you want all your stuff??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 12:48 AM
Hey mate. Love to but it's a fair hike to Mt Gambier from here. Want the Anderson on the towbar for the camper, spotties on the front bar - have bought the Nissan genuine loom, relay, switch and the UHF is a GME but not sure I want screw holes all over the place so not sure where to mount that.

Jas

BigRAWesty
10th January 2013, 01:23 AM
Everyone says that... :(
Under the steering wheel or along side the passengers right leg on the trans tunnel are 2 nice and easily accessible spots to mount it..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 02:33 AM
Hey mate. Like the idea of the passenger side - seen a few like that. What's your thoughts on some sort of 3M double sided adhesive?

Jas

Airstrike
10th January 2013, 03:33 AM
See Brett at Nundah Auto Electrical BEST in Brisbane

nissannewby
10th January 2013, 05:52 AM
I could help you out jas have the know how and skills to do all that sort of stuff if your interested.

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 10:11 AM
I could help you out jas have the know how and skills to do all that sort of stuff if your interested.

Hi mate - I'll take you up on that. Thanks for the offer! I'm pretty sure I could knock it over myself but not 100% confident on all of it. If I get all the gear in how about I give you a call to arrange a date/time that's suitable? Really appreciate the offer mate!

Jas

nissannewby
10th January 2013, 10:53 AM
Sounds good bud. You have my details aye?

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 10:58 AM
Sure do mate! Thanks again. I'll give you a yell on your mobile in the today or in the next couple of days if you're about? How was your stop-off at Coffs and the drive back? Would've been a warm one?

Jas