PDA

View Full Version : I snapped my exhaust.... ??

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 04:40 PM
Went out to do a small shake down and just get out of the house and on my return home I noticed a noise but could not pick it, I then had to brake hard as I nearly missed a turn and as I went to go back on the power the car sounded like a tractor.....

Limped home 30km and then started the process of figuring out how bad it was and could I get out of it on the cheap, I have decided to go with a full system at 2.5 for $1000 using my old CAT including labor.

Cant be done till Saturday so I will spend the last couple of days from my holiday at home???

Bloody bugger, my daughters birthday on Friday and now I have to stuff around so I have a car for the day!!!!!!

Winnie
9th January 2013, 05:02 PM
At $1000 you're getting ripped... I got my 2.5" exhaust made and installed for $600
Just remember, it's a commercial vehicle on LPG so does not require a cat cobvertor

Unless you're getting extractors a that cost too then you're doing well

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 05:15 PM
Full system mate from front to back!!!!!!!!!!

Winnie
9th January 2013, 05:19 PM
So yes that includes extractors?

krbrooking
9th January 2013, 05:41 PM
Did you get to test the new winch out man, bugger sorry to here that if you need a hand I am only a msg away man even if you just want that man cuddle.

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 07:10 PM
I need a fricking car as my wife has her bosses over from China and it is going to be to hard to drive her to work and drop off kids....... looks like she is out of a job sooner than she thought!!!!!!!!

krbrooking
9th January 2013, 07:42 PM
Far out man sorry to here that, if I had a spare car I would not hesitate to lend it to you, if there is anything else you need let me know.

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah be here early Saturday Morning so the boss can get some satisfaction ??????

Winnie
9th January 2013, 08:07 PM
Jonathan is have a stock GQ exhaust sitting in my shed doing nothing, it's yours if you want it. It came off my car when I put the new one on so should fit yours no problem at all!! I can take it to Work with me in Warragul so it's a bit closer for you?
I completely forgot I had this!

Sir Roofy
9th January 2013, 08:08 PM
I need a fricking car as my wife has her bosses over from China and it is going to be to hard to drive her to work and drop off kids....... looks like she is out of a job sooner than she thought!!!!!!!!

go to the exhaust shop get a second handy out of the bin and put it on the half still on the q
dosnt matter what its of so long as it fits and quiet

krbrooking
9th January 2013, 08:19 PM
do you mean the exhaust is getting there on sat morn or do you want me to come down to yours early sat, if the latter let me know what time you want me there.

threedogs
9th January 2013, 09:25 PM
yo BA where did your exhaust break? gota theory on these.

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 09:26 PM
No all good guys and thanks for the offers.

It is booked in and will be done right the first time with no patch jobs on Saturday morning.

I liked my car being quiet but did want that bit more power and maybe a touch better on fuel... we'll see!!

threedogs
9th January 2013, 09:35 PM
yeah but where did it crack/ break??

Winnie
9th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Honestly you won't notice a difference in power and economy... I didn't anyway

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 10:32 PM
It snapped below the headers just after the bend as it heads for the back of the car... bloke I said he has seen a number of GQ's snap there??

I have another donor car here but the system on that is in the same condition as mine and I am not going through all the trouble of taking off both systems then installing one on to my car and having it do the same thing in the near future.

threedogs
9th January 2013, 10:58 PM
mine did the same in under one year. go figure

BigRAWesty
9th January 2013, 10:59 PM
Does it have a flex joint on it??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

happygu
9th January 2013, 11:00 PM
Wow, it must have been thin to snap off like that......my brakes aren't that good....

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 11:43 PM
Factory system that is covered in heat shield which hides how old and rusted the system actually is.... eventually we all get old and rust, right John!!!!

BigRAWesty
10th January 2013, 12:42 AM
Factory system that is covered in heat shield which hides how old and rusted the system actually is.... eventually we all get old and rust, right John!!!!

Lol.. so this is a negative for a petrol...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)