PDA

View Full Version : Installer Required for Redarc System - Melbourne Area

tlinnell86
9th January 2013, 11:24 AM
Hey guys,

Well I'm in the process of setting up my camping system.

The family bought me a Redarc BCDC 40amp charging system for Xmas and I need an installer.

The only problem is my folks and girlfriend bought it off EBay (Brand New) from a reseller in Bairnsdale because it was about $200 cheaper. I know that ARB and places alike will do it but not sure how they will be with it not being purchased from them.

Can anyone suggest someone I can take it to, happy to travel a bit if required but prefer in Metro Melbourne.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trent.

Cuppa
9th January 2013, 12:46 PM
Installing the BCDC 1240 is pretty simple DIY if you are a bit handy. Hardest part, once you have decided where to locate the unit (as close to the 2nd battery as possible) is soldering the connection wires. The booklet that comes with it has the diagrams. Buying Redarc stuff on ebay can be a gamble because Redarc will only honour their warranty if the sale was through one of their authorised resellers. However the Bairnsdale ebay sellers ARE authorised resellers, unlike many other ebay sellers. I'm very happy with the way mine works.

Cuppa

tlinnell86
9th January 2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks Cuppa, I'm pretty handy but not a very good soldering person and would feel comfortable getting professionally done I think....

My battery has to go in the boot because of my gas mixer so the unit will be located in boot next to the battery to make sure it get maximum charge.

BigRAWesty
9th January 2013, 11:15 PM
If you feel like a drive to mount gambier, I have a low voltage certification.
Also just make sure your battery which is going in the cab is either sealed or valved

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

tlinnell86
9th January 2013, 11:25 PM
If you feel like a drive to mount gambier, I have a low voltage certification.
Also just make sure your battery which is going in the cab is either sealed or valved

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Hi westy's,

Thankyou for the offer, but it's a little far. What sort of Battery do you recommend? (Preferably a Century as I can get them cheap through a mate)

Cheers.

BigRAWesty
10th January 2013, 12:49 AM
Hi westy's,

Thankyou for the offer, but it's a little far. What sort of Battery do you recommend? (Preferably a Century as I can get them cheap through a mate)

Cheers.

Make a weekend of it... :D
Well any sealed battery will do. I'm pretty sure Century do a good range. Talk to your mate and he'll point you in the right direction..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of