PDA

View Full Version : New to the 4x4 World

Kev223
9th January 2013, 07:04 AM
Hello All, My name is Kevin and ive just purchased my very 1st four wheel drive which happened to be a 2003 GUIII Nissan Patrol. Hopefully I made the correct choice. I hope to learn from this forum as i am a compete novice when it comes to 4x4's also where some great places to visit with the family and hopefully meet some of you for trips as I dont know anybody who owns a 4x4 to go off road with.

Maxhead
9th January 2013, 07:05 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate. Plenty of help here so don't be shy to ask questions

Bigrig
9th January 2013, 07:10 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Sir Roofy
9th January 2013, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the forum ,enjoy

growler2058
9th January 2013, 07:27 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Search here on NADS mate a good modification to keep your motor running

Slap N Tap ;)

AB
9th January 2013, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bloodyaussie
9th January 2013, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard mate...................

Dhuck
9th January 2013, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

DX grunt
9th January 2013, 09:08 AM
G'day Kev

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

I'd strongly recommend that you do a 4wd course with a Registered Training Organisation, so that you can get confidence in what your Patrol can do and what you can do. After the course it's practice, practice, practice. lol.

I personally never take my troll on the beach by myself. I always take another 4wd with me - 'just in case.' Others may, and will probably disagree with me, but that's just me.

When you do go 4wding, always tell somebody where you're going and tell them when you get back home. Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged BEFORE you go out.

You need to read the threads about using a snatch strap on a tow ball. It's very dangerous and can kill. Prioritise your recovery gear and mods.

Welcome to the beginning of your 4wding experience - with the mighty, Nissan Patrol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

lorrieandjas
9th January 2013, 09:18 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Some great advice above from DX Grunt also - definitely a great way to see this country but its good to start slow, get some training and enjoy! Also x2 on the recovery side - towballs are for towing not recovering!

Jas

Lonicus
9th January 2013, 09:23 AM
Welcome aboard mate. Plenty of people here to set you in the right direction!

MEGOMONSTER
9th January 2013, 01:20 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Steve4wdin
9th January 2013, 06:32 PM
Hey Kev, welcome mate, great source of information and helpfull crew. There are a few of us from western suburbs, so could get out one day for a trol around. pm me if you want.
Steve

wildgu6
10th January 2013, 04:57 PM
G'day Kev, Welcome aboard mate and welcome to 4x4, you will love it.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

threedogs
10th January 2013, 06:21 PM
Hi Kev and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

BigH
11th January 2013, 08:07 PM
Welcome,

You will enjoy the site and the people, good bunch of guys.

BigH