PDA

View Full Version : Show me your genuine winch installs

Lister
8th January 2013, 10:34 PM
I have read many interesting installation ideas for fitting a Warn winch to a Genuine Nissan steel bullbar. So while i wait for assistance from my local dealer....Can anyone show me pics of their Dealer fitted winches on GU Patrol Genuine steel Bullbar? Any help greatly appreciated in advance..
Cheers Glenn

DX grunt
8th January 2013, 10:49 PM
G'day Glenn

Hope this helps?

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/DX%20grunt%20In%20The%20Flesh/Dxgruntwithnametags002.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/DX%20grunt%20In%20The%20Flesh/Mytruck18Jun2010004.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Harris%20Hardcase/DXgruntintheflesh17082012008.jpg

Rossco

MudRunnerTD
8th January 2013, 10:50 PM
G'day Glenn,

Whats your trouble mate? do you need a specific pic? what cant the dealer tell you?

cheers MR

Lister
8th January 2013, 10:56 PM
The problem is i feel dumb. I have an XD9000 warn winch. I purchased the nissan fitting kit for the winch. The instructions explain how to rotate the gearbox and the motor but No info on any of the parts that came in the kit at all...i figured its a new Number plate mount and a control box mount plate (X2) but where the F&%^ do they go? And whats with the guys who say its gotta be mounted upside down??

MudRunnerTD
8th January 2013, 11:01 PM
When you rotate the motor you end up fitting the winch upside down to allow for the free spool lever to be accessible. Also for the Wiring to be accommodated.

There is a Heap of room behind the bar to fit the winch so take the lower bash plate off and lay on your back and have a bit of a look around. The Solenoid mount you kind of make it fit where you can or anywhere you can get the hand controller into it. I have mine under the bonnet. and an isolation switch. The numberplate mount should let yo lift the numberplate up above the centre rail. I just too the original off and inverted it and it works fine. ;)

MudRunnerTD
8th January 2013, 11:02 PM
Oh..... And No Dumb Questions or Dumb people on this Forum bud. Your welcome to ask away.

happygu
8th January 2013, 11:25 PM
The winch motor needs to turned around because the drain hole is normally at the bottom, and since you are mounting it upside down, it will be at the top and the motor will fill up with water.

You will also need to rotate the gearbox so that you can reach the free spool handle.

Mount the winch in psoition, and then the other brackets should make sense. The Winch Control Box mounts on the top of the bar on the bent bracket, that is bent at about 70 degrees and the number plate can be mounted in a couple of different positions, depending on how you like it......

Lister
8th January 2013, 11:42 PM
The fitting kit has 2 right angle brackets only, that have slotted holes and kinda fit together but not high enough to mount off the winch body and there is a great gaping square hole in the top of the bar and no obvious place to mount it. There are 2 drain holes and thats on the motor side and the holes are part of the central section not the motor casing and roughly 90 degrees apart. I'm lost until the Patrol gets back to me on Friday and i can take time to look hard at what space ive got. Thanks very much for the insight as this is one thing ive never done and a solution is a solution and you've given me plenty. Thanks Again.