PDA

View Full Version : runva winches

rambo71
8th January 2013, 09:49 PM
hi after recieving plenty of negitive feedback regarding tigar winches i have decided not to touch them .I have stumbled across runva winches does anybody have any feedback on these Cheers

MudRunnerTD
8th January 2013, 10:11 PM
Yes, Very positive Feedback. I nearly bought one myself. Go a Runva mate, No hesitation.

GUtsy ute
8th January 2013, 10:30 PM
Where abouts are you?

If in Brisbane, go and see Murray and Dave at Torq 4x4.
They sell them and can give you all the lowdown on them.

nissannewby
9th January 2013, 01:59 PM
Yes, Very positive Feedback. I nearly bought one myself. Go a Runva mate, No hesitation.

MRTD jump on YouTube and check out "god winch" it's on like a white hilux. If you haven't seen it before.

MudRunnerTD
9th January 2013, 03:15 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgx1hc5GikU

MRTD jump on YouTube and check out "god winch" it's on like a white hilux. If you haven't seen it before.

Is that the one Newby? That's NUTS!! I Want one of those!! That must have been a PTO? Interesting Clicking Noise?

nissannewby
9th January 2013, 09:23 PM
Yep. The clicking is a ratchet mechanism to stop it from unrolling. It's a modified diff driven off a pto as far as I know.

grimace
12th January 2013, 02:55 PM
g'day rambo, what truck have you got mate? the reason i ask is that i bought a RUNVA 12,000 and was shocked to discover that it would not fit my truck! yeah i know what your thinking, and one size does not fit all as i would have thought. anyway i ended up getting the 11,000 comp spec winch for the same money and it even came with a snatch block and as you know freebies are always good. i have only used mine twice and it hasn't let me down also comes with a remote cheers.....

Morton
13th January 2013, 08:25 AM
g'day rambo, what truck have you got mate? the reason i ask is that i bought a RUNVA 12,000 and was shocked to discover that it would not fit my truck! yeah i know what your thinking, and one size does not fit all as i would have thought. anyway i ended up getting the 11,000 comp spec winch for the same money and it even came with a snatch block and as you know freebies are always good. i have only used mine twice and it hasn't let me down also comes with a remote cheers.....

have you had any experience with other winches, the reason I ask is I am either removing my 12000lb winch (shagged) on my GU & either replacing it with a better more competent unit or junking it with the steel bullbar & going back to an alloy unit with no winch at all, what sort of coin was the 11000 comp spec unit?

wildgu6
13th January 2013, 10:07 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgx1hc5GikU

Is that the one Newby? That's NUTS!! I Want one of those!! That must have been a PTO? Interesting Clicking Noise?

X2 MR what a beast, love the ratchet sound. Sounds tuff as and bloody quick to.

TAPPN OUT

rambo71
13th January 2013, 06:50 PM

Yeh mate i have heard that about the 12,000 winches i have a 2009 gu i am also now going to buy the 11000 one as well..........:)

grimace
14th January 2013, 06:43 PM
mine cost me $850 with the rope but as i metioned it was supposed to be the 12,000. from memory the 11,000 was $950 cheers...

Morton
15th January 2013, 06:15 AM
mine cost me $850 with the rope but as i metioned it was supposed to be the 12,000. from memory the 11,000 was $950 cheers...

thanks mate, good to know

oncedisturbed
15th January 2013, 08:53 AM
from memory they also have a life time warranty which is more than other's have.

PMC
18th January 2013, 10:17 PM

G'day mate,

I have to agree, yet again! with MudRunnerTD advise!

Regards,

RLI

BigRAWesty
19th January 2013, 07:12 AM
Hi mate. I'm planning a group winch buy for the forum. If your interested here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=298913) is the link.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)