PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Caltex Oil in 20ltre drums in Melbourne...

mudski
8th January 2013, 02:37 PM
at a good or reasonable price? I normally use Castrol Magnatec Diesel as I get it at cost price so it works out cheap. While I find it good I want to try something different. Plus to see if the Provent catches more or less with different oils.
I'd rather buy in 20l drums as it works out cheaper but I don't really know of any Caltex resellers apart from the local Repco, SuperCheap etc etc.

Cheers.

93patrol
8th January 2013, 02:53 PM
do a quick search on google for their main distrabution offices there should be at least one around a industrial area some where over there or try this link ihope it helps
http://www.aussieweb.com.au/directory/oil+merchants+refineries/vic/melbourne/

boots
8th January 2013, 03:35 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12791-Caltex-Delo-400-for-west-suburbs-Melbourne.

macca86
8th January 2013, 06:20 PM
I got a drum from a caltex depot you should check their website for their locations. I was 98 bucks for delo 400 multigrade

mudski
8th January 2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks fella's. I did do a search but obviously not a good one. The closest to me is not worth the drive over there. Would be $30 in fuel and more $$$ for my time for the trip. I might just go to my local and get torn a new one this time and get some if I'm ever out that way. Which is never....
Thanks.

AB
8th January 2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks fella's. I did do a search but obviously not a good one. The closest to me is not worth the drive over there. Would be $30 in fuel and more $$$ for my time for the trip. I might just go to my local and get torn a new one this time and get some if I'm ever out that way. Which is never....
Thanks.

Same boat as me mate, not worth the drive for the saving unfortunately.

Asked my local Caltex to bring in a drum and they said $140...lol

MudRunnerTD
8th January 2013, 07:44 PM
AB check out the other thread for good savings

boots
8th January 2013, 10:12 PM
Hey mudski I have an unopened 20 litre drum of caltex delo 400 . You can purchase it from me if that suits cause I can always get more while I am meant to be working . I have a very understanding boss . shoosh - what he doesnt know wont hurt .Paid $97 for it so if your keen let me know .

mudski
8th January 2013, 10:40 PM
Arh bugger. I need a tax invoice though as I claim it on my business. Otherwise I would have bought it.

boots
9th January 2013, 05:39 PM
Ahh.. still got the receipt mudski PM if your still keen .

mudski
9th January 2013, 07:05 PM
Pmotw.....

krbrooking
9th January 2013, 07:36 PM
How does the delo 400 multigrage compare in quality as apose to magnatec or the penrite equivalent, as that price is nearly 50% off.

mudski
9th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Well I used Castrol magnatec diesel and it was good. I'm due for a service and wanted to try this to see if my catch can catches more or less oil.

Tapout or knockout