PDA

View Full Version : Diesel chips, ok an interesting question, anyone run two at once ? Injector and Rail

WogsRus
7th January 2013, 09:06 PM
As per my previous question, a mate of mine has a Steinbauer chip to go on his GU, the one that pugs into individual injectors ect.

Form wat i have read on this forum trying to actually understand how these things work, there are two chip types, a SB which is an injector extender and chip it, whcih is a rail pressure chip.

Both have their pros and cons, i read that so all good.....BUT

Heres a question, has anyone ran lets say a SB chip for the pulse modification as well as a rail chip at the same time.

That way, the injector chip is complemented with higher rail pressure chip thus best of both words, No?

Anyone tried this or ever read about this and so forth?

Sorry i'm new to diesels so this chip things ins new to me, Petrol, sure but the coal burners are a black art.

the evil twin
7th January 2013, 09:14 PM
As per my previous question, a mate of mine has a Steinbauer chip to go on his GU, the one that pugs into individual injectors ect.

Form wat i have read on this forum trying to actually understand how these things work, there are two chip types, a SB which is an injector extender and chip it, whcih is a rail pressure chip.

Both have their pros and cons, i read that so all good.....BUT

Heres a question, has anyone ran lets say a SB chip for the pulse modification as well as a rail chip at the same time.

That way, the injector chip is complemented with higher rail pressure chip thus best of both words, No?

Anyone tried this or ever read about this and so forth?

Sorry i'm new to diesels so this chip things ins new to me, Petrol, sure but the coal burners are a black art.

Don't know that anyone would bother...

If you want to do rail pressure and injection extender changes then you would be better with either a Unichip or a DTE as they do both

WogsRus
7th January 2013, 09:29 PM
DTE are same as stainbauer, ie injector only, no pressure

nissannewby
7th January 2013, 10:05 PM
Because upping fuel rail pressure doesn't do a great deal apart from causing reliability issues.

the evil twin
7th January 2013, 10:17 PM
DTE are same as stainbauer, ie injector only, no pressure

Ooops my bad...

Unichip then...