PDA

View Full Version : GQ Air con issues

Bunsen8
6th January 2013, 07:48 PM
Hi guys, Haven't been on here for a while as my car has been running sweet. Now that its summer I have an air con issue.
It only works when it wants to. I have checked all wiring, fans, switches, ect under the bonnet. All seems ok. The light globe in the A/C button doesn't work, but it never has. Is there anything behind the air con controls in the car i should look at?
Regards Bunsen8

Yendor
6th January 2013, 09:23 PM
What stops working? the interior fan or the air coming out of the vents isn't cold?

Can you give us some more information.

Bunsen8
7th January 2013, 10:05 AM
The air coming out of the vents. Sometimes its cold, sometimes its not. This happens the first time I start the car each day.

BigRAWesty
7th January 2013, 11:00 AM
So does it eventually go cold?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bunsen8
7th January 2013, 03:15 PM
No. If its working it takes about 15 secs to get cold. If its not working it stays hot

93patrol
7th January 2013, 03:20 PM
probably needs regassing

BigRAWesty
7th January 2013, 03:26 PM
Is the compressor pump kicking in?
It might just be a broken wire

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bunsen8
7th January 2013, 03:43 PM
I had it regased. Will check wires again just in case one is dodgy. Its not going back to the air con guys as they want $150-$180 an hour to work on it.

BigRAWesty
7th January 2013, 10:17 PM
Id be carrying a test light and when its not working just poping the bonnet and checking the electronic clutch.
They can be rebuilt to if its not working..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

pearcey
7th January 2013, 10:56 PM
Try a new relay it`s on the RH side, it`s either under the removable plate between the battery and guard or it could be tucked down rearward of the washer bottle

Bunsen8
8th January 2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys. I replaced the relay when the problem first appeared. Then had the gas checked as there was an oily spot at one of the valves. Gas was fine. Cost me $350. The clutch only kicks in when it wants too. Tried tapping it gently to get it to engage. I had the high and low pressure switches checked. They seem ok, and was told the problem may be in the cab somewhere behind the controls? I might just pull the controls apart and check all wires?There must be a crappy wire somewhere.

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2013, 10:43 AM
The problem with the aircon might be that you need to give a bit back instead of taking............?

Alitis007
8th January 2013, 11:03 AM
Have you checked if there is gas still in the system?? While the engine is running have a look at the top of the receiver drier, there is a glass window. If there is is gas still in the system you will see bubbles in it, it looks like this24259 If there is gas put 12v straight to the clutch on the compressor, a jump wire from the batt is the easiest. It should be a single wire coming off it and see if it stays engaged, im not sure the color but its easy to find.

Bunsen8
8th January 2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks will try that over the weekend