PDA

View Full Version : im OSH!

old.school.hero
3rd January 2013, 06:54 PM
my introduction..

im OSH..
i drive OSH's 1998 GQ TD42Ti Coil Cab Ute..

my regular drinking hole is Patrol4x4...
but every once in a while, a man goes and get's his drink on else where..

no need to thank me.

mahalo koas.

growler2058
3rd January 2013, 06:56 PM
Gday mate, good to see another crow eater on board, gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

old.school.hero
3rd January 2013, 07:03 PM
bleh, you cant edit?

anyways, link to my ute build up..
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/oshs-98-td42ti-gq-ute-86892/

MEGOMONSTER
3rd January 2013, 07:36 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard mate.... another member with that avatar.... good to see!!!

wildgu6
3rd January 2013, 07:48 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

MudRunnerTD
3rd January 2013, 09:34 PM
G'day OSH,

Welcome here, great bunch of guys here with a great attitude. I note your a Moderator on P4x4 and you are welcome here. Squallow comes here now and again and make a great contribution.

We are not really into an Us and Them thing here and I'd be happy if you leave it at the door.

I'd also prefer if you started a build thread here rather than just link to P4x4 as it would be far more courteous to the members here.

bleh, you cant edit?

anyways, link to my ute build up..
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/oshs-98-td42ti-gq-ute-86892/

??? Were you having trouble seeing the Edit button at the bottom of your post? I am not sure what you meant mate? Feel free to pm me if you need help here.

Also posting your pics from PB is simple here using the image button. Nearlly identical to that used on P4x4 from memory?

Enjoy the forum, feel free to stay for another drink.

Cheers MR

Dhuck
3rd January 2013, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome 2 the forum OSH

Great bunch of members on here always willing to help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Maxhead
4th January 2013, 06:16 AM
Welcome to the forum OSH

AB
4th January 2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

As MR mentioned above, look forward to seeing your build thread on here mate...

old.school.hero
4th January 2013, 08:36 AM
Welcome aboard mate.... another member with that avatar.... good to see!!!

I tried to figure out for ages yesterday how to do a custom Avatar, and im stumped. So I just ended up with a random one. lol

G'day OSH,

Welcome here, great bunch of guys here with a great attitude. I note your a Moderator on P4x4 and you are welcome here. Squallow comes here now and again and make a great contribution.

We are not really into an Us and Them thing here and I'd be happy if you leave it at the door.

I'd also prefer if you started a build thread here rather than just link to P4x4 as it would be far more courteous to the members here.

??? Were you having trouble seeing the Edit button at the bottom of your post? I am not sure what you meant mate? Feel free to pm me if you need help here.

Also posting your pics from PB is simple here using the image button. Nearlly identical to that used on P4x4 from memory?

Enjoy the forum, feel free to stay for another drink.

Cheers MR

hey MR,

ive been a member here for quite some time (14 months), and im here like any other guy, just after that information sharing.
I enjoy reading forms in regards to the patrol, 4x4ing and camping in general, so the 'us' vs 'you' thing.. no issues from me.

the reason i participate more over on P4x4, is its ease of use. im a simple minded person, and if it takes me to long to work out how to do something, i loose interest.
lucky for you guys, im holing in. there is quite a few things that im STILL yet to get my head around.

dunno how to do a custom avatar, i definitely don't see an edit function, i don't know how to auto display attachments in threads, id love to get more then 10 replys to a page.. etc etc.

ill get to a build thread, that's no issues.. i just thought in my intro, id just link that until i was able to do a proper build thread.

and to everyone else that has welcomed me, thanks :)

lorrieandjas
4th January 2013, 08:47 AM
Hi mate and welcome the forum. If you need any help on the forum let me know. I'll send you a PM to answer some of your questions above. Enjoy mate!

Jas

Clunk
4th January 2013, 09:29 AM
Gday osh and welcome aboard. I'm off to work now but if you still haven't worked out or been shown how to do stuff by someone else, let me know and I'll see what I can remember when I get back.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

lorrieandjas
4th January 2013, 10:07 AM
Hi mate - to change your avatar (the one people see on your posts) you need to login. Then in the top right corner of your screen you will see "Settings" right next to the "Log Out" button. If you click on that you will see down the left hand side a menu which has a group called "My Settings". Under that you will seen an item called "Edit Avatar". Once you have clicked on that you have the option to use a pre-defined or custom avatar. If you click on the radio button (circle) next to custom avatar and then click on option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer and click select file a file dialog box will pop up and you can find and click on the picture you want on your computer. Select and off you go.

With respect to editing your posts - once you are in the topic with your post in it you will see 4 buttons at the bottom of your post - Edit Post | Reply | Reply with Quote | "

If you don't see the edit post button ensure you are logged in. Here's a link to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the forum which may assist: FAQs (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/faq.php)

I'm not sure you can set it for more than 10 replies to a page (without using the archived threads)......

Hope this helps some.

Jas

old.school.hero
4th January 2013, 10:24 AM
Hi mate - to change your avatar (the one people see on your posts) you need to login. Then in the top right corner of your screen you will see "Settings" right next to the "Log Out" button. If you click on that you will see down the left hand side a menu which has a group called "My Settings". Under that you will seen an item called "Edit Avatar". Once you have clicked on that you have the option to use a pre-defined or custom avatar. If you click on the radio button (circle) next to custom avatar and then click on option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer and click select file a file dialog box will pop up and you can find and click on the picture you want on your computer. Select and off you go.

With respect to editing your posts - once you are in the topic with your post in it you will see 4 buttons at the bottom of your post - Edit Post | Reply | Reply with Quote | "

If you don't see the edit post button ensure you are logged in. Here's a link to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the forum which may assist: FAQs (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/faq.php)

I'm not sure you can set it for more than 10 replies to a page (without using the archived threads)......

Hope this helps some.

Jas

hey, thanks for that.

how ever, I don't see where I can edit. there is only 3 icons down the bottom, 'reply' / 'reply with quote' / 'multi-quote'

and the same with editing the avatar. it just has pre-set avatar's or no avatar at all.

It might have something to do with my post count.

I know with vBulliten, you can set perimeters around post counts/user titles, maybe this has something to do with it.

ill keep padding, and see what happens after a few posts.

thanks for your imput.

lorrieandjas
4th January 2013, 10:27 AM
Hey mate - that would be one for AB or the mods. You might need 25 posts (that is the qty required to download manuals) - and now you mention it I recall not being able to edit until the post count got up. If you get over 25 and still no joy try PM'ing AB to see whether this is a board setting.

Jas

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2013, 01:04 PM
hey, thanks for that.

how ever, I don't see where I can edit. there is only 3 icons down the bottom, 'reply' / 'reply with quote' / 'multi-quote'

and the same with editing the avatar. it just has pre-set avatar's or no avatar at all.

It might have something to do with my post count.

I know with vBulliten, you can set perimeters around post counts/user titles, maybe this has something to do with it.

ill keep padding, and see what happens after a few posts.

thanks for your imput.

Thats Odd?? do you see the words "multi-reply"? my button to do that is [ "+ ]

I have noted your difficulty and i think AB will need to have a look at it mate.

Glad to see you here.

Cheers MR

healy
4th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

old.school.hero
4th January 2013, 02:59 PM
Thats Odd?? do you see the words "multi-reply"? my button to do that is [ "+ ]

I have noted your difficulty and i think AB will need to have a look at it mate.

Glad to see you here.

Cheers MR

yeah I see that little symbol. lol

Maxhead
4th January 2013, 03:03 PM
yeah I see that little symbol. lol
Strange that, Edit Post should be 3 to the left of that. You should have the multy quote then to the left Reply with Quote then Reply and then Edit Post....do you see all them??

EDIT: haha obviously you can only edit your own post...just checking

NissanGQ4.2
4th January 2013, 03:42 PM
Osh, I have just been testing your problem and have come up with hopefully the answer.

When you registered with the forum did you receive an email "Action Required to Activate Membership for NissanPatrol.com.au Forum" and did you click on the link to activate your account????

If you set up a bogus email you wont get the activation email and If you do not activate your account form the email sent you will still be able to login and post but you will not have the edit function, I didn't test your avatar problem but at a wild guess this will also not work until you have activated your account.

If you set up a bogus email or lost / deleted the activation email PM AB, pretty sure he can reset it at his end, but is something us mods can't do.

Hope that helps you

Cheers

Todd

AB
4th January 2013, 03:51 PM
Ive packed up my computer and stored it away for this bad bushfire day but pm me if you don't sort it out mate and I'll manual change you. As above most likely didn't confirm your email

Squalo
4th January 2013, 10:43 PM
Sorry about OSH guys, we try to help him where we can but as you can see he is a bit 'special' :D

LOL

AB
5th January 2013, 08:49 AM
Ok, computer is back up and running...

Osh, you didnt confirm your email address when signing up which put you in a "special" category, just manually switched you over mate so you should be good to go...

old.school.hero
5th January 2013, 11:01 AM
Sorry about OSH guys, we try to help him where we can but as you can see he is a bit 'special' :D

LOL

shush you!

old.school.hero
5th January 2013, 11:01 AM
Ok, computer is back up and running...

Osh, you didnt confirm your email address when signing up which put you in a "special" category, just manually switched you over mate so you should be good to go...

cheers AB.

I tried looking through my emails, but couldn't find it.

BigH
11th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Welcome,

You will enjoy the site and the people, good bunch of guys.

BigH

threedogs
12th January 2013, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the best NP forum out there. Jump in any time and enjoy

K92
28th January 2013, 07:54 PM
Welcome to forum !

my third 256
29th January 2013, 06:57 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen