PDA

View Full Version : 93 GQ - Central Locking fitted?

GU_Nemesis
3rd January 2013, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if all 93 model GQ's had central locking fitted from the factory. I took the rear door panel skin off mine the other day and thought I saw an actuator in there but wasn't sure. I bought the truck and have had to manually lock and unlock the doors , so if it has factory central locking then it doesn't work now anyway. Just wondering if there is fuses etc I can check for this and where they are? If it is fitted then I'd like to get it working again. Any ideas on what I can check and get it going, or am I better off getting an alarm and new central locking fitted at the same time?

Thanks

Scotty

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 02:58 PM
not sure mate, i assume the dx poverty pack does not have it ST i assume would n TI would have it for sure , what model is yours? PM me your vin and i will look it up in a few hrs when the kids get out of the pool. Sorry on tapa crappa at the moment

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 04:21 PM
Don't worry about the VIN#

Decided to crack open another beer and take some pics :)

These are from my 92 TI, if you have this then yes you have central locking.

Lucky I have a sh!t box GQ and most things are falling off so it doesn't take much to tack pics of things*LMAO*

Hope this helps ya Scotty

Cheers

Toddie

GU_Nemesis
3rd January 2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks mate I will go out there shortly and check it out more thoroughly.. thanks for taking the time to take pics etc!

Cheers,

Scotty

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 04:51 PM
No worries Scotty,

I had a quick look at Nissan Fast on my VIN# and it didn't really state that it had central looking, it did give me the part number however.

If yours looks roughly the same and has a wire running from the actuator then yes you have it for sure and something must be broken for it not to be working.

If there are no wires running from the actuator then I very much doubt your model has it and you would be better of getting an alarm with central locking fitted

Cheers

Todd

93patrol
3rd January 2013, 06:39 PM
I have it on my 93 st ute

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy