PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Blondie

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 12:23 AM
Good Afternoon,

I'm introducing myself like the forum says! I'm Blondie, a Nissan Patrol, 1999 model with flowers from Zimbabwe! I have travelled extensively throughout Southern Africa. I'm built for this terrain.

I need some help! There is a noise emanating from my left front half shaft. I was told it was my wheel bearings but they have been checked out and re-packed with grease and the noise persists...

We've never joined a forum before and aren't sure how this whole thing works. Please help!

(Patrol Y61 (GU) Wagon, powered by a TD42 - Bog standard but for radial tyres)

93patrol
3rd January 2013, 12:27 AM
g'day bruce the forum is a great place to find and get info on your vehicles there is always someone that can help, try using the search function for starters most of the forum is asleep except a few of us on nightshift, enjoy your stay and hope someone can help with your issue

MEGOMONSTER
3rd January 2013, 12:51 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Woof
3rd January 2013, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the forum Bruce, as 93patrol said, most of Australia is asleep at the moment only us West Australians awake, sorry I can't help you but I an sure that someone may have an answer tomorrow mate.
Just post your question here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?34-General-Mechanical-Discussions. as not all of our members read the introductions.

BrendanB
3rd January 2013, 05:15 AM
Welcome Bruce,
Love the flowers.should help you blend in to the bush. ;-)

There is loads of info here, try a search as suggested.

Cheers
Brendan

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 05:38 AM
Welcome 2 the forum Bruce

Great bunch of members on here always willing to help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

AB
3rd January 2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, as suggested above start a new thread with this question as a lot of people don't read the introductions section.

growler2058
3rd January 2013, 07:49 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Slap N Tap ;)

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 08:01 AM
Welcome aboard mate.........

lorrieandjas
3rd January 2013, 09:01 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forums. There's a heap of advice to be had here - being new to forums don't be shy - just jump in and ask all the questions you like! Also - as has been saif before if you post in one of the relevant mechanical sections you'll get a heap of responses.

Tot siens!

Jas

Dhuck
3rd January 2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

krbrooking
3rd January 2013, 11:36 AM
Welcome mate, you won't regret joining the forum. What part of zim are you from I have family that have a panel shop there. Sorry I can't help you but like everyone said before there will be someone on here that will be able to help.

Bigrig
3rd January 2013, 02:20 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

wildgu6
3rd January 2013, 03:29 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.
So what sort of smokes you guys got over there ?? lol

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks Buddie,
I'll try the search engine. Our internet access in Zim, I hope I have success!
Regards from Bruce

g'day bruce the forum is a great place to find and get info on your vehicles there is always someone that can help, try using the search function for starters most of the forum is asleep except a few of us on nightshift, enjoy your stay and hope someone can help with your issue

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 08:44 PM
Hi! We're from Harare! Mugabeland Central! Who are your family? I probably know them, Harare is quite a small community!
Bruce...

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks! Blondie will limb on with a growling noise from her front left.

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 08:54 PM
Hiya Pete,
This is the land of smokes buddie! Tobacco is a big cash crop.
Zim was Maddison country. Now-a-days it's Pacific is the main brand.
I quite the weed yonks ago, but am told that the quality is still tops! I top dressed my lawn with about 2 Tonne of tobacco scrap about a month ago. The scrap looked good enough to "roll your own" with! I think the guy who works in the garden did just that!
Bruce...

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks Buddie,

Blondie is my girlfriends car! I'm the guy who keeps her purring.

She sure is the best in the bush!

B...

Bruce Cowley
3rd January 2013, 09:13 PM
Ya boet,
I thought you guys say How ya doing mate!
Wat van die 'tot siens" ding.
Bruce...

healy
4th January 2013, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

krbrooking
4th January 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi! We're from Harare! Mugabeland Central! Who are your family? I probably know them, Harare is quite a small community!
Bruce...

Thier last name is bester but the panel shop is pioneer panel beaters i am pretty sure the owner's name is Craig, but if you drop in there ask for Bruce, the one with the most grey hair and the big gut. If you are into cars and so on Craig is a rally driver as well so might know them through that area, and yes they do live in harare.

Bruce Cowley
5th January 2013, 06:36 PM
Howzit again,

Blondie is owned by Zia & I do as much maintenance on her as I can!

Zia would like to add a thumb nail picture like your "gorgeous" face!

How to do?

Bruce...

Bruce Cowley
5th January 2013, 06:37 PM
Yep! sure worked. I got plenty advice!
Thanks

Welcome to the forum mate, as suggested above start a new thread with this question as a lot of people don't read the introductions section.

Bruce Cowley
5th January 2013, 06:41 PM
Ya, I known Pioneer. It's just down the road from my spot in Greendale.
They patched up a car for me a few years back - did a great job!

Thier last name is bester but the panel shop is pioneer panel beaters i am pretty sure the owner's name is Craig, but if you drop in there ask for Bruce, the one with the most grey hair and the big gut. If you are into cars and so on Craig is a rally driver as well so might know them through that area, and yes they do live in harare.

93patrol
6th January 2013, 01:01 AM
Go to your profile like you did when signing up and select avatar upload your own from your computer and if you have dramas ask the mods for help or go to the help thread

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Maxhead
8th January 2013, 10:47 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

BigH
11th January 2013, 08:17 PM
Welcome,

You will enjoy the site and the people, good bunch of guys.

BigH