View Full Version : New Members - Thanks for the support

Dorroughby
1st January 2013, 10:38 PM
Hey All,

As per usual we (better half and I) have done things back to front - so we posted first seeking support and are now saying our initial hello's. Thanks to all involved in putting this forum together - It is great to have a place to seek the knowledge and wisdom required in putting together a good 4wd.

We are a large family (Mum, dad, 4 Girls 1 Boy ranging in age from 4 thru to 15) and have aspirations to ditch the Canberra burbs sometime in 2014 to show the kids what Australia has to offer. Long story short this was the grand plan 12 years ago when rugrats numbered only 2 and we were proud owners of a spanking new 2000 model 4.2 Patrol that was armed to the teeth and ready for any journey.

12 years on and 3 kids added to the fold, we are currently driving a 98 100 series that looked the ducks guts, but has turned out to be anything but sound.

if you read our other post you will get an idea of our current situation, and no doubt either have empathy for my pain and / or question my sanity. Either way we are currently looking at getting something that will get us in and out of some wonderful places, and started thread below to seek your advice and opinion:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17202-Info-on-new-3.0L-diesel-engines-please.&p=312192#post312192

Its early days but we are in a prime position to correct our past wrongs and make some wise choices regarding our new 4wd :) -

Big thanks once again to all those that have taken the time to respond to our inquiries.

Happy New Year to All !!!

Kim and Pete

:band:

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 10:46 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

jack
1st January 2013, 11:42 PM
Welcome Kim, Pete and family.
Great forum, great members.
Cheers

lorrieandjas
1st January 2013, 11:44 PM
Hi guys and welcome to the forum. I feel for you guys but there's a great bunch of people on here who'll have heaps of advice and tips.

Jas

BigRAWesty
2nd January 2013, 05:20 AM
Welcome guys. Don't stress about the back to front posting.. noob thing... ;)
Haven't read your thread but will soon, hopefully the boys sporting the newer GU 8's can steer you in the right direction.
Enjoy the forum and enjoy the search.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bloodyaussie
2nd January 2013, 06:46 AM
Welcome aboard mate.................

AB
2nd January 2013, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
2nd January 2013, 07:15 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Slap N Tap ;)

Lonicus
2nd January 2013, 07:31 AM
Welcome aboard!

my third 256
2nd January 2013, 08:07 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

wildgu6
2nd January 2013, 02:40 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard to you both / all.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Dhuck
2nd January 2013, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
2nd January 2013, 03:48 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Kim and Pete