PDA

View Full Version : tigarz11 winches

rambo71
31st December 2012, 07:56 PM
do these winches fit in winch capatible gu patrol steel bullbars

MudRunnerTD
31st December 2012, 08:20 PM
Yes all except the 2 speed "comp" winch that will be too long.

The Tigerz winches were pretty good until about 2 years ago when they went into business with 4wd action mag and customer service and quality went out he window in favour of mass marketing and lowering of QA out of china.

If you have not bought it yet then search here or Google to see lots of very unhappy customers. Rethink your purchase if you can or understand what your buying.

Happy New Year bud

Morton
1st January 2013, 11:43 AM
x 2 on that response

robbo0001
1st January 2013, 05:52 PM
I have 12000 pound grande and love it, since July of 2012
Used in anger about 15 times forself recovery, and recovery of others.
Run it in andout at least every fortnight to keep it all lubricated.
Pulled out a tree stump yesterday.
Even the wireless remote works well, once used to the signal delay.

EMG and Tigerz only merged in 2012.

Irish
1st January 2013, 06:05 PM
Tigerz 12000lb winch owner here, had it for about two years, love it to bits, used it today to help me get up a stupid hill made of dust and rocks, have used it quite a bit over the time I've owned it, has never let me down.

Bloodyaussie
1st January 2013, 08:15 PM
I am going to need one also.... Petes winch flogged mine and I cannot safely rely on mine.

Not sure what to do as I have the one on my car plus a Supercheap 9500 pounder only used 6 times that I took off my Hilux when I sold it but dont really think 9500 is enough to pull my GQ???

MudRunnerTD
1st January 2013, 09:10 PM
I am going to need one also.... Petes winch flogged mine and I cannot safely rely on mine.

Not sure what to do as I have the one on my car plus a Supercheap 9500 pounder only used 6 times that I took off my Hilux when I sold it but dont really think 9500 is enough to pull my GQ???

9.5 will pull your GQ easily mate. No hesitation

Bloodyaussie
1st January 2013, 09:19 PM
9.5 will pull your GQ easily mate. No hesitation

So do you think I should just use that for now mate.... was hoping you would reply to this??

The 12,000 that is on it now has had a hard time and is really slow.

BrendanB
3rd January 2013, 09:20 PM
A little left field to this topic, but is fitting a winch to a standard GU bullbar a DIY job?

Should a winch be high on my list of additions to my 2004 Patrol to make it ready for going off road?

Irish
4th January 2013, 11:38 AM
My winch is the single most important bit of kit I've bought for my Mav, it has saved my bacon a few times now along with a few other peoples as well.

Thats a lot of bacon, mmmm, bacon....*drools*

Seriously though, mine paid for itself the first time I used it. Look at it this way, having a winch could mean the difference between driving home and walking home.

It's not a "necessity", but think of it as cheap insurance.

lorrieandjas
4th January 2013, 11:41 AM

Hi mate - 9500 or even 9000lb winch is more than enough for a GQ/GU in my opinion. I would use the one off your 'lux.

Jas

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah I put it on yesterday and we will see, have a few expenses this month and need to prioritize.

Will test it under load when its not so stinking hot!!!!

Tonks
13th January 2013, 01:53 PM
I bought the 12000 Grande last year, no problems at all, also had great back up from Tigerz 11

Bugjuice
30th January 2013, 01:14 PM
The original 12000lb was the go. Old man has had one for a fair while now and still goes strong. I think it depends on how you look after it and what terrain your driving. Heaps of water crossings or corrugations can give them a hard time.

megatexture
30th January 2013, 02:49 PM
I've got a 9k on mine and have had no issues even with camper on if in doubt double line pull 9k is enough for a patrol 12k will just do it earlier

Bugjuice
30th January 2013, 03:29 PM
The rating on a winch is pulling capacity not mass of vehicle it will move. For instance, a 9000lb is approximately 4tonne. If you had a patrol with gear at 2.5tonne + a 0.75 tonne camper total of 3.25 which is fairly average. This allows the equivalence of quarter of a tonne resistance. So light muddy surface, light sand, or not perfect tire pressure and your up to your limit. Stick that on a 30 degree slope and your up to about 5 tonne or 11000lbs.

Now imagine you plowed into a big hole, bottomed out to your diffs, and to a dead stop so massive suction. You are well and truly up to the 12000lbs rating. Hence double or even triple line pull is a must even with a 12000lb winch. For the average bloke who does some touring, with the odd hard track thrown in, any winch will get you out of most situations. Just be mindful if you venture into the unknown or are stuck on a tough long hill with a camper, double the line halves the pull.

Oh and the rating is for the first run of cable (rope) around the spool so as you get more than one layer on youve already reduced the capacity.

taslucas
30th January 2013, 05:30 PM
The rating on a winch is pulling capacity not mass of vehicle it will move. For instance, a 9000lb is approximately 4tonne. If you had a patrol with gear at 2.5tonne + a 0.75 tonne camper total of 3.25 which is fairly average. This allows the equivalence of quarter of a tonne resistance. So light muddy surface, light sand, or not perfect tire pressure and your up to your limit. Stick that on a 30 degree slope and your up to about 5 tonne or 11000lbs.

Now imagine you plowed into a big hole, bottomed out to your diffs, and to a dead stop so massive suction. You are well and truly up to the 12000lbs rating. Hence double or even triple line pull is a must even with a 12000lb winch. For the average bloke who does some touring, with the odd hard track thrown in, any winch will get you out of most situations. Just be mindful if you venture into the unknown or are stuck on a tough long hill with a camper, double the line halves the pull.

Oh and the rating is for the first run of cable (rope) around the spool so as you get more than one layer on youve already reduced the capacity.

Preaching to the converted here bug. Have a go at the search function top right of your screen, theres plenty of threads regarding this. Your observations on the winch capacity are quite correct. There us a thread that explains the theory in a lot more detail. Sorry I cant post a link as I'm on tappatalk but I think from memory it's in the 4wd safety section:-)

FanTapstic!

taslucas
30th January 2013, 05:36 PM

Preaching to the converted here bug. Have a go at the search function top right of your screen, theres plenty of threads regarding this. Your observations on the winch capacity are quite correct. There us a thread that explains the theory in a lot more detail. Sorry I cant post a link as I'm on tappatalk but I think from memory it's in the 4wd safety section:-)

FanTapstic!

BigRAWesty
30th January 2013, 05:46 PM
If you guys are looking for a cheap quality winch with full back up, no f arsing around check out here.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=298913

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

rambo71
30th January 2013, 09:52 PM
well bought a runva today!!!!!

Bugjuice
31st January 2013, 10:00 AM
Sorry guys didnt see the other thread. Although it doesn't hurt for people to be reminded of safety items.

Franki
1st February 2013, 12:11 PM
Buy a warn, had an XD9000 for 5 years never had troubles on my old cruiser, Patrol man now.