PDA

View Full Version : My radiator

Morton
29th December 2012, 08:00 PM
here is a pic of the radiator I pulled out yesterday next to the new I fitted today, might be why it was overheating when towing lol

NissanGQ4.2
29th December 2012, 08:07 PM
hahahahaha, yep that would explain it, I think ur suppose 2 wash that mud off after playing in it.

U probably didn't need a new rad after all

growler2058
29th December 2012, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah been there done that!!

HaveA tapped out new year

Morton
29th December 2012, 10:04 PM
tried cleaning it twice, once in & once when it was out, mud was rock hard & in areas 1" thick, 60% of the cores where filled with mud & it wasnt budging, I would have spent days rodding externally, I will have it recored & kept as a spare

NissanGQ4.2
29th December 2012, 10:06 PM
tried cleaning it twice, once in & once when it was out, mud was rock hard & in areas 1" thick, 60% of the cores where filled with mud & it wasnt budging, I would have spent days rodding externally, I will have it recored & kept as a spare

You haven't been driving through the drop zone have you?

Morton
30th December 2012, 08:56 AM
I have never been in there as I was told one or 2 of the puddles would sink a 4wd, I sometimes go to Riverstone to test a suspension/part replacement etc, I took my GU for a good long run last night & will top the radiator up one more time, all went well, it is running slightly under the temp I have had since I bought it 6 yrs ago, it was always dead on half but happy anyways

NissanGQ4.2
30th December 2012, 09:21 AM
I have never been in there as I was told one or 2 of the puddles would sink a 4wd, I sometimes go to Riverstone to test a suspension/part replacement etc, I took my GU for a good long run last night & will top the radiator up one more time, all went well, it is running slightly under the temp I have had since I bought it 6 yrs ago, it was always dead on half but happy anyways

hahaha yeh a few puddles in there that would sink a 4b, more so after some good rain.

A place your toy would have some fun, unfortunately just not big enough of a place and sorta illegal to be in there.

Good to here your temp problem is sorted now

Morton
30th December 2012, 07:32 PM
I soaked the radiator for about 4-5 hours today & hit it with the hose, bloody thing cleaned up well, took about 1 hr with the hose on strong pressure but I can see through all of it nicely now, will wrap it in gladwrap, throw it into the box the other radiator come in & store it in the rafters of the garage

NissanGQ4.2
30th December 2012, 07:37 PM
buy yourself a cheapish high pressure cleaner, makes jobs like that a lot quicker :)

Morton
30th December 2012, 11:24 PM
I have one but a few members said not to use it as there is a good chance of bending the fins, it would have been a much quicker

scotty83
31st December 2012, 06:41 AM
Glad to see it was a relatively simple solution to your heating issues. Mud will do that.

Tapped on by ScottyB

danielhobby
1st January 2013, 10:10 PM
did the same thing to my old hilux last year at tallarook,thought it was r@@@@d.took to it with gentle water pressure and a good air nozzle at the same time,didnt bend a fin or damage a tube,its now doing its second summer and its great so far.

Morton
2nd January 2013, 10:58 PM
I was suppose to hitch the camper the other day & test it on some hills, but 2 days in a row someone has come over & forced beer down my throat, woke up both mornings a little dusty & wasnt keen on driving anywhere, hopefully this weekend

BrendanB
3rd January 2013, 09:13 PM
It is that time of year Morton, can't plan anything without a beer coming in to the conversation..

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 09:25 PM
Got 2 great hills you can test on only minutes away from my joint, u could always come up here and force beers down my throat..............I won't mind *L*

Morton
3rd January 2013, 10:40 PM
Got 2 great hills you can test on only minutes away from my joint, u could always come up here and force beers down my throat..............I won't mind *L*

lol your on mate, will have to be Sunday though, have a BBQ & beers on Saturdays for a kids party at Penrith, not my kids