PDA

View Full Version : gu remotes and keys and chips please!!!!

danielhobby
29th December 2012, 06:52 PM
Hi all,i would like new remotes and cut keys for our patrol and have been doing the ebay thing and its doing my head in after about ten hours trying to save money and not give the Nissan spare parts departments my hard earned cash for what amounts to (i think anyway)legal bushrangering.has anyone found a rock solid reliable alternative to factory remotes? thanks ,danny

ShaunM
29th December 2012, 07:37 PM
Hi Danny,

Not sure what model Patrol you've got but check this topic out - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=8939

With the info davejones supplied it was very easy to install an aftermarket remote system. I did it yesterday.

Shaun.

danielhobby
29th December 2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Shaun,thanks for your prompt reply.My patrol is a december 2011 st 4'5L.I will try to fathom all that is written and go from there,regards,Danny.

Yendor
29th December 2012, 10:00 PM
Hi Danny,

Try sending Nizzbits a PM. He sells genuine Nissan parts at reasonable prices

Cheers Rodney

my third 256
30th December 2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Shaun,thanks for your prompt reply.My patrol is a december 2011 st 4'5L.I will try to fathom all that is written and go from there,regards,Danny.
i would have thought it was still under factory warranty

mudski
31st December 2012, 08:55 AM
I got quoted $160 from my local locksmith, new chip, key, everything. Was half the price of what Ni$$an quoted me. Funny this as I only found this guy as I saw his van parked out front of the Nissan spare parts place. I then rang Nissan and inquired on price, and I asked him if they cut and code on site and they told me its done off site, so I put two and two together, and rang the locksmith and he told me he does it for Nissan and would undercut them by nearly half...

danielhobby
1st January 2013, 09:58 PM
Ha Ha typo mate,2001.i didnt spot that till you pinged me,cheers

danielhobby
1st January 2013, 10:03 PM
hey mudski im in epping most days,i take it i know where you are based and would like to try your "local" locksmith if you would be ok with that?could you pm me with details?thanks

BrendanB
3rd January 2013, 08:57 PM
Hey Mudski,
I'd be interested in these contact details too. My remote does not work on the Patrol I just bought, and would rather that it did. I have tried changing the battery, but that has not helped...

Thanks!

mudski
6th January 2013, 06:58 PM
Sorry guys I just came home from the beach with the family after 10 days of doing absolute naught! Apart from drinking. I'll get the details for ya soon....
@ BrendanB the remote is a different issue to the key mate. I purchased a Warlock KG400 kit from JB hi-fi for about $90. Took around 20 minutes to fit myself once I found the wires to tap into...I did do a walk through on this here somewhere...

mudski
8th January 2013, 08:00 PM
Sorry again for the delay.
http://www.thelockguy.com.au/

4by
8th January 2013, 11:49 PM
Cool im near the same suburb. Ill get onto him as well. Cheers.

mudski
8th January 2013, 11:50 PM
Funny thing is I have his details but I keep forgetting to do it. I must get around to doing it soon. Might even ring him tomorrow...

Leanne
9th January 2013, 02:16 AM
Can anyone tell me where the receiver for the remote, is hidden? I've scoured the manual but couldn't find anything. Mine stopped working couple of years ago. Bloody annoying. Was thinking it might have a battery back up that's died or maybe just a loose connection.

mudski
9th January 2013, 12:31 PM
Its hidden up in the lhs of the dash. When you remove the glove box you can see it on the right side there. I white box about 4inch square....These are prone for failing. Many member have forked out the coin for a new remote only for it to fail again soon after. Then, some have had one that haven't failed. I just bought an aftermarket kit, and wired it into the loom that goes to the original controller. Wasn't hard at all to do.