PDA

View Full Version : buying a turbo from china

93patrol
29th December 2012, 02:31 PM
i am not spruiking this stuff actually don t know what to think but apparently you can buy this turbo standard model not sure for a td42, tell us what you think..... the caing says its a garret if that helps

http://www.dhgate.com/new-ht18-14411-62t00-turbocharger-for-nissan/p-ff80808130e5b5610130eb6d82d121c5.html#s4-3-null

Robo
30th December 2012, 07:41 AM
Somehow, don't think it's a garret no matter what can be read in description.
alot lost in their translation to english.
I "possibly" read they supply garret.
but supply garret what exactly?.
that said, have a look at their feed back for some more info.
and the other thing that springs to mind is patrol/safari was never released in America.

China has no respect for intellectual property, nor patents.
yes you can get a bargain.
but the quality is another thing altogether.
dont get me wrong I've bought from china but not some thing as critical as a turbo, m2cw.

93patrol
30th December 2012, 07:47 AM
thats exactly what i was thinking honestly i might get some electrical goods or whatever but never anything mechanical i just thought it was a bit weird that they would "supply" these turbos and parts to garret and other turbo companys.

I just wanted to know what everyone elses thought were is all

04OFF
30th December 2012, 09:28 AM
Somehow, don't think it's a garret no matter what can be read in description.
alot lost in their translation to english.
I "possibly" read they supply garret.
but supply garret what exactly?.
that said, have a look at their feed back for some more info.
and the other thing that springs to mind is patrol/safari was never released in America.

China has no respect for intellectual property, nor patents.
yes you can get a bargain.
but the quality is another thing altogether.
dont get me wrong I've bought from china but not some thing as critical as a turbo, m2cw.

x2,

Read Feedback........"Speedy delivery. Item not exactly as pes description - required modifying to fit. Seal leeked when fitted. But once adjusted and seal replaced runs great. Plenty of boost".

Its a lotto getting this sort of thing, ive heard of china Turbos lasting well, but also more about them not lasting.

"if" they fail, they can cause other engine damage, damage resulting in costs that may equate to more than a decent turbo fitment in the first place, then of course, you still need to buy another turbo.

The BigFella
30th December 2012, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, an old mate of mine is into turbos, check out GT Pumps in Sydney. Awesome bloke and good deals. He gets his manufactured in Japan. But with full warranty.

TurboOne
14th January 2013, 09:04 PM
Were had people who were quoted on turbos and they went to China, some work great, the majority back a few weeks later asking if we can repair it and asking for us to do it cheaper. We say say, the amount of work for us to machine in a new core, you may as well buy a new one.