PDA

View Full Version : CRD......Simple Exhaust question

simo51
26th December 2012, 03:11 PM
Old reader just forgot my password. My question is...What is the pipe that runs around the back of the engine from the back of the exhaust manifold to the inlet manifold ...looks like it pre heats the manifold................ which has tokyo radiator written on it.... I am new to a 3.0 2008 CRD.. having had a 4.5 ltr for the past 10 yrs.... Thanks sim

Maxhead
26th December 2012, 03:26 PM
Photos?
If it goes back to the inlet manifold then sounds like your EGR pipe

Is this it?
http://www.chipit.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/GU-EGR.png

the evil twin
26th December 2012, 04:11 PM
Old reader just forgot my password. My question is...What is the pipe that runs around the back of the engine from the back of the exhaust manifold to the inlet manifold ...looks like it pre heats the manifold................ which has tokyo radiator written on it.... I am new to a 3.0 2008 CRD.. having had a 4.5 ltr for the past 10 yrs.... Thanks sim

X 2 with the above

It is the EGR plumbing and heat exchanger manufacturer is 'Tokyo Radiator'.

Agree it lloks like a pre- heat but on the CRD motor Nissan changed to a different EGR system with a heat exchanger to reduce the temp of the recycled exhaust gas before it mixes back into the inlet.

simo51
27th December 2012, 08:29 AM
thanks for the reply's............ I had to block it off at the exuast side with a plate i made up and slid in.. Works perfectly. And the car seems to love it. Now i have a problem when just coasting it makes a funny chattering noise. Lifting the bonnet and wathing the boost compensator arm it seems to bounce up and down when holding it in stall in gear (its an auto).. Thanks again