PDA

View Full Version : W2A intercooler

Pineapple man
25th December 2012, 10:13 PM
Merry Christmas all

Just wondering if anyone out there has any first hand experience with one of northside 4x4's water to air itercoolers and whether u think it's worth the cash they're asking

I'm looking into one of these for my 2004 td42ti

nissannewby
26th December 2012, 01:56 PM
What are you wanting to achieve? I honestly think there over priced with the other options out there. You could do a w2a or a2a fmic for easily under $1000 these days. I also wouldnt go anywhere near that shop but that's just me.

People highly recommend and get awesome results out of the cross country top mounts and it come with everything to fit it and if i remember correctly the cross country unit will still be cheaper than he northside one.

Pineapple man
26th December 2012, 11:37 PM
Ok I'll have to look into the cross country kit

So what r ur reasons for not recommending northside?

Pineapple man
26th December 2012, 11:38 PM
Just chasing more power

threedogs
27th December 2012, 06:14 AM
Im against C/C ICs but only for business reason and the fact they are a pack of liers. If you want to pay $1300 bucks on an I/C So be it. but not me ever.

Benno7
27th December 2012, 11:08 AM
Have a look at Mudrunners ground up build
http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php?cPath=218&osCsid=8958ab8b302681fdf072047f6d1b4f4e

nissannewby
27th December 2012, 11:26 AM
Ok I'll have to look into the cross country kit

So what r ur reasons for not recommending northside?

Just the business ethic, they will refuse to tune certain setups and are expensive. I must reiterate that this is only my personal opinion. If you are happy with the customer service and info then ultimately its up to you.

Pineapple man
27th December 2012, 03:40 PM
Yea mate I do agree they have a strange approach on customer service, if anyone knows of any other peputable diesel tuners in seq im willing to take any suggestions on board and don't mind traveling to get good results

nissannewby
27th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Theres a couple. If distance doesnt worry you Diesel Central near rockhampton is prob the best tuner in oz. You also have Mike Vine Turbo at capalaba and Gympie Diesel. There is a small shop at brendale, on and offroad mechanical, ask for steve if a tune is what you want. Thats about all I know of.

johno90
30th December 2012, 11:29 AM
You can get w2a kits very cheap these days, look at websites such as froozen boost thats where i get my kit from. It's the 600hp kit comes with everything you need even clamps etc tho its not a bolt on thing and you need to fit it all its still worth it for the quality and price.

Pineapple man
2nd January 2013, 10:03 PM
Cheers for the help guys, frozen boost sounds like a good option

Pineapple man
7th January 2013, 09:06 PM
Just a quick update guys, im booked in at northside 4x4 for one of they're custom w2a intercoolers and they're gonna throw my water/methanol kit from my last patrol on so in roughly 2 weeks ill be in boy racer with new toy mode lmao