PDA

View Full Version : 2000 gu patrol auto diesel with engine intermitten miss/misfire please help

nedsrig
25th December 2012, 08:15 PM
I have a 2000 gu auto patrol it to get a misfire at any time it will stop the engine at the trafic lights it started when i bought the car from QLD it has a fully rebuilt motor that has done about 26000 klm since the rebuild when it happend it only did it about 3 times from QLD to ballarat when it is not playing up it runs great no problems at all i have had the engine checked and there are no codes at all i was told it was geting air in it at the fuel filter/priming pump so it was changed with no change i also got all the air out of the filter by turning it upside down and priming it till there was no air in it also have changed all the fuel line hoses with new ones it made a change for about 350 klm and it came back more info the misfire that i am having a problem it gets much worse when it is a hot day so if anybody can help me it would be great NEDSRIG PLEASE HELP

boots
26th December 2012, 10:50 PM
May be worthwhile replacing your MAF sensor , or if you know of someone who has the same vehicle and do a switch this could be an option. There is a company called nizbits I think who sell these sensors and they are a fare bit cheaper than a nissan dealer . check in the vendor thread for nizbits , not sure how its spelt or if this will solve your issue , from memory $150 for sensor .
Recall reading on this forum where guys have had '' rough running '' issues and a new MAF has cured the problem . Now rough running and mis / misfire as you describe are different but similar so I may be leading you down the wrong path but this is not my intention . goodluck , will keep an eye out on your progress .

nedsrig
27th December 2012, 08:25 AM
thanks for the help will try it

growler2058
27th December 2012, 08:45 AM
What about cleaning the maf sensor there's a heap of info here about that I can't give you a link on me phone. I do know ya not to touch it with ya fingers use an electrical component cleaner spray

Merry Tapped Out Xmas