PDA

View Full Version : GU TD42T temp gauge goes to 3/4 mark

Aben Dean
25th December 2012, 08:37 AM
It all started when i swapped my Radiator with one of the other Patrol's (my old radiator was ok but had few cores being glued / sealed).
Now, when i drive hard for abt 30mins with A/C on the temp gauge goes to 3/4 mark and backs off to normal in about 20-30secs.....the aftermarket gauge reaches max 100-110 deg after some hard runs (no load). i have twice given the radiator for core cleaning and pressure testing. There is no leaks...the water doesn't get low and even the cylinder head was recently tested when i had a rebuilt. this all started after i swapped the radiator but its been tested and cleaned. no thermostat is being used atm....i used Valvoline coolant and also tried normal water but was same...... today i filled it up with some Toyota Genuine coolant and yet to do a test run. but its like when u drive all day long for short runs the gauge stays half or below half. but any long hard runs for abt 20mins and it starts to climb to 3/4 when i slow down a bit (never went to full) and backs to normal in abt 20-secs or so. The Fan also looks to be blowing enough air and hoses dont stick too......

Any clues what else i can check or what it could be???

my third 256
25th December 2012, 08:48 AM
put the thermostat back in as the coolant isnt being held long enough in the radiator to cool
besides your speed limit in fiji is 80 kph so you arnt realy flogging it
where in fiji are you my inlaws live in raki raki and brother inlaw is a teacher in suva
been there many times

Aben Dean
25th December 2012, 12:35 PM
Speed limit might be 80kmph here but no one follows it until the get caught by radar's lol. Anyways i just had a hard run today, it again goes to 3/4 mark in about 15mins of hard runs but i noticed when i accelerate again the temp on factory gauge starts going down back to normal but aftermarket gauge stays at abt 105degs, these were with aircon "on" but when i switch the A/c off the factory gauges doesnt go to 3/4 mark it stays at half despite driving hard.. Iam right in Suva City, near USP.

threedogs
25th December 2012, 01:43 PM
Could be over fuelling or boost too low IMO

Aben Dean
26th December 2012, 10:10 AM
i noticed with A/c the factory guage stays normal and the AF Gauge goes to 80-90degs....... with A/C goes to abt 110 degs max.... can it be the Fan??