PDA

View Full Version : Photo shoot

megatexture
24th December 2012, 09:04 PM
Few weeks ago bigrig emailed that 4x4 action wanted a gu tourer for a cover shoot I put my hand up but didnt eventuate then I was contacted with an offer to be a cover in the overlander magazine , booked to have the photo shoot on jan 15th , anyone seen this mag and what are your thoughts on it ? Can't say I've seen it myself but its gonna be a tough next 3 weeks of camping then to polish off the trip when we get back 2 days later have a shoot lol

boots
24th December 2012, 09:34 PM
I have bought the mag on the odd occasion mega and thought it was good . Look foward to the edition with your jigga on the front . I will buy it for sure .

Bloodyaussie
24th December 2012, 09:56 PM
I think it actually a better mag with much better journalism but don't find it about at as many shops??

megatexture
24th December 2012, 10:09 PM
Yea to many adds always spoils a mag , the fella I'm talking to said the mag is more about new cars so wasn't sure if it was more about reviews/rating the new ones I might have to buy one and check it out

The shoots on the 15 Th so ill find out what issue it will be in but the theme is touring so not sure if they want me to take the camper also

Bigrig
25th December 2012, 06:29 AM
It's been around a long time - owned by the same mob obviously (hence them putting you forward for it.

And for the cleaning effort you'll have to do .. you're welcome!! lol

megatexture
25th December 2012, 09:07 AM
Ye knew it was the same mob, can't argue they don't try to cater for every market lol

threedogs
25th December 2012, 01:40 PM
You'll find 4wd action have a 3 month turn around , and 4x4 Australia have one month, not sur on Overlander.
Getting into 4wd action as well, as soon as I pass on some pics of My camper. Slack As lately

scotty83
25th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Quite a good magazine. Different style of article. Seems more informative and are generally about new vehicles of market and road legal vehicles. I look forward to seeing it.

megatexture
11th January 2013, 04:48 PM
Will be an interesting shoot as I've currently got a shattered barn door window and two wheel carrier latches broken a lightbar cord got snagged on a branch and ripped out, bent highlift was a throw away and the car is filthy but it was good being away from civilisation for the last 3weeks . so I've got a fair bit to do before the 15th lol

Bigrig
11th January 2013, 07:34 PM
Will be an interesting shoot as I've currently got a shattered barn door window and two wheel carrier latches broken a lightbar cord got snagged on a branch and ripped out, bent highlift was a throw away and the car is filthy but it was good being away from civilisation for the last 3weeks . so I've got a fair bit to do before the 15th lol

Get to it!!!! That'll teach you for enjoying yourself!! lmao

megatexture
11th January 2013, 07:56 PM
Haha knew i could count on you for a motivational speech scotty lol I need it all done for Australia Day anyways having a week off for my bday ( aust day) its gonna be a hard 1 week at work getting ready for a week off lol

04OFF
12th January 2013, 01:00 AM
What side barn door glass did you bust mate ?

megatexture
12th January 2013, 02:05 PM
Left side, they said they will just avoid taking pics from the back

scotty83
12th January 2013, 08:22 PM
ready for the shoot??

megatexture
15th January 2013, 06:45 PM
Done the shoot was good fun .. Any excuse to get out and have a spin lol, yet to find out when it will be published but will post it up once I know

megatexture
5th February 2013, 06:55 PM
Found out it's not going to be on the cover of overlander any more they said they liked the pics so much they want to put it on the cover of 4x4action. saying it almost like they regard action as the cream of the crop of there mags?.apparently issue 197 on sale 10th of April they said ill get a cd with 30-40pics of the shoot and a couple copies of the mag .
Not looking forward to any with me in them though lmao

threedogs
5th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Originally called 4wd monthly, they changed to 4wd action and branched out with camper trailer mags ,serious off road comp style mags,etc
I have a camper trailer shoot very soon as well .Seems they'll take anyone, GF

megatexture
5th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Yea where back in the day they would give a set of coopers or mickeys to the value of $1100 now they don't need to

threedogs
5th February 2013, 07:31 PM
Whats a signed copy worth framed. Just need to check my Ebay account? LOL

Bigrig
5th February 2013, 08:24 PM
Found out it's not going to be on the cover of overlander any more they said they liked the pics so much they want to put it on the cover of 4x4action. saying it almost like they regard action as the cream of the crop of there mags?.apparently issue 197 on sale 10th of April they said ill get a cd with 30-40pics of the shoot and a couple copies of the mag .
Not looking forward to any with me in them though lmao

Top stuff mate!! Relish the moment!! lol

I'd Tap That!!

megatexture
5th February 2013, 08:57 PM
Better not want a vid I felt like a real twat standing next to the trol can only imagin how embarrassing making a vid would be lol bet you felt at home in the spotlight scotty

Bigrig
5th February 2013, 09:42 PM
Better not want a vid I felt like a real twat standing next to the trol can only imagin how embarrassing making a vid would be lol bet you felt at home in the spotlight scotty

Cameras, no cameras, I've never stepped out of the spotlight mate!! lmao

megatexture
9th April 2013, 09:39 AM
The Mag comes out next few days . There's a few things they say that aren't explained right and make me laugh, you give them notes and they make it up as they go, for example they say I reckon the intercooler fan makes a Massive difference to intake temps .. Lmao didn't know I had a gauge to measure that.

as for the pics .. "Tame" would be the word as they originally wanted pics for the overlander mag( touring style), they wanted scenic pics not flex ones but they didn't even use the scenic ones so I would have gone to some better tracks if I had known!, I'm a little disappointed to be honest lol

hekarewe
11th April 2013, 07:52 PM
got the mag tonight guys and got to say looking good there troy nice shots have not reaad the article yet but did notice the comment of the fan on the intercooler was about to rush out and get one after reading how good it was lololol

megatexture
11th April 2013, 09:04 PM
Lmfao good on ya lol

rochjas
12th April 2013, 01:54 PM
Got the mag... Did know it was your 4WD troy.... What a rig..... I did notice the broken window..... can see the blue tape used..... I picked up the mag and started reading this.... I too am going to get the fan on the intercooler if there that good :-p... Again well done mate....

megatexture
12th April 2013, 06:32 PM
Lmao cheers mate yea get a fan I highly rate them lol better off mounting it to the roof rack for wind power

threedogs
12th April 2013, 06:51 PM
Not an Overlander fan but well done on getting in, as for being miss quoted and just filling in the blanks.
4wd action as it was then brought a 100s for $20k and spent $20 kitting it up. Think Pat callihan was at the helm.
They said the side steps were great for jacking off on, WTF we laughed for months via email Typo who knows

megatexture
12th April 2013, 07:57 PM
They ended up putting it in 4wd action but I can understand how it happens when they give you a form to fill in notes of what your rigs got on then get a freelance writer to do the story , personally I wouldn't want to write one lol