PDA

View Full Version : Overheating GQ TD42

Mills
24th December 2012, 01:01 PM
i have a question please... can someone pls help me i have a nissan patrol 94' TD42 Turbo, i have an overheating problem... until now i have spent two and a half thousand dollars trying to fix it unsuccessfully...

changed the radiator
fully recond the head
rockar gear has all been done up
all hoses changed
thermostat changed

any help would be appreciated

growler2058
24th December 2012, 03:11 PM
G'day mate, don't forget to jump over to the intro section and say g'day something we ask all members to do.
What about water pump??
And how hot is hot??

Tap someone who cares

Mills
24th December 2012, 03:18 PM
sorry i posted for my husband LOL hence no introduction... but i will get him to post :) thank-you.

growler2058
24th December 2012, 03:22 PM
No worries at all ;)

Tap someone who cares

threedogs
24th December 2012, 03:55 PM
Over fueling ,no boost ?????
Welcome aboard ??????

Dominator
24th December 2012, 04:52 PM
Not to send you away from this forum but there is a long and helpful thread on patrol4x4.com called 'td42 overheating'. Have a look there I am sure it has helped a lot if people?

Edit from Mod: Have removed direct link to patrol4x4, just copy or type it into your browsers address bar

growler2058
24th December 2012, 04:57 PM
Err, second line above is part of growlers signature, not part of his response. :)

Cheers Plassy didn't even cross my mind. Might change that

Tap someone who cares

TuffTD42
24th December 2012, 06:53 PM
A lot of the time it's the viscous hub on the fan assembly. Can you here the fan working when it's hot? Mine got warm on long climbs etc. I put a new hub on it & lasted about 12 months. I only bought a cheap after market one $120 from memory. Mine got to the top of the gauge pulling up the rocks the other day towing another GQ on my car trailer. Couldn't hear the fan at all. Going genuine this time $383.