PDA

View Full Version : Odd request.

markistall
21st December 2012, 11:44 PM
has anyone got a stock stereo from a 97 gq patrol lying around? it's not actually the stereo i'm after it;s the wiring coming out the back of it. my step dad wants to put the original head unit back in for whatever reason. and the wiring harness has gone walk about. i can't find anything anyway, been to a bunch of wreckers and been to nissan, but it is extremely elusive!!

Cheers

Mark

stevogq
22nd December 2012, 12:05 AM
Hi mark, if the plug has mini pins I'd just go down to jaycar and buy a set of female mini pins to fit and just take your time wiring, find your power cables first and then look for speakers, easy way is to get a aa battery and eliminate wires while 1 is connected to the negitive side of your battery once you here a white noise you found your speaker.

Red accessories
Yellow constant power
Black ground
And depending on manufacturer your speakers should be
Gray
Purple
White
Green

Blue remote
Orange power aerial (sometimes)
There the basics anyway

Good luck

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

markistall
22nd December 2012, 12:08 AM
cheers man, i might just do that. better to spend a arvo doing that than another day chasing my tail

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 12:15 AM
You make sound easy Stevo.
Follow his instructions and should fairly straight forward. Take your time, make sure you have good connections. Solder what you can, heat shrink it. And your done.

Yendor
22nd December 2012, 12:22 AM
Have you removed the radio that is currently fitted and had a look, the original plug might still be there.

I would always would leave the original plug when fitting aftermarket radios.

stevogq
22nd December 2012, 12:34 AM
Also what mego said; if you see a naked cable you didn't conseal it properly, heat shrink or liquid electrical tape(be very carefull with this)

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Yendor
22nd December 2012, 12:41 AM
This thread should help you if you need to work out the original wire colours, don't just assume that the current radio is wired correctly.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?14414-GQ-Speaker-Color-Codes&p=264752&viewfull=1