PDA

View Full Version : HOW THE F DO you do up the bols on the dump pipe. URGENT NEED HELP.......

WogsRus
21st December 2012, 09:37 PM
OK so i got my redback exhaust system, all wall goign well, stock cat came off easy ect ect,

On with the new dump pipe and what a comedy of errors. Firstly snapped off the over flow bottle hose thing, GREAT, then for the life of me, there is no way i can do up the third nut against the manifold where the turbo is. I can do the one against the chassis,the top one, but no hope in hell can i get the third.

WTF time 10, i am so pissed off, i have a gazzilio tools an all usles, non fit, the dump is in teh way.

HAS ANYONE fitted an exhaust them selves if so, how do you do up the third bolt.

ALSO, do you refit the heat shield back ?it does not have a bract for the side bolt ???

PLEASE HELP???????

AB
21st December 2012, 10:42 PM
Its a beautiful spot that one. On my gq I shaved the sides off the spanner and cut it off 1 inch from the end and used every muscle in your index and thumb...lol

MEGOMONSTER
21st December 2012, 11:19 PM
That's why I paid someone to fit it all up for me. No headaches. Just empty wallet.

megatexture
22nd December 2012, 12:05 AM
That's no fun lol only one way to learn

WogsRus
22nd December 2012, 01:02 AM
currently, can;t sleep, the dam things had me up all nigh. BUGGER IT.

I think some persuasion of the hammer to the side of the pipe might be needed to give me 5mm of clerance then i can use the air wrench.

BTW, anyone got a spare heat sheild? When removing mine i had to cut with the dramel the bolt on the dump, complete seazed, made a mess of the heatsheild.

WogsRus
22nd December 2012, 11:53 AM
well FARK me, finally done, took 15 minutes this morning, i simply flattened out a part of the dump side to give me 5mm of clearance to get the 12mm long soccet in, and hay presto. All doen and the scars to prove it.

johno90
23rd December 2012, 11:48 AM
Thats way snap on open end ratcheting spanners in half size come in very handy.

Drew
23rd December 2012, 02:32 PM
That's why I paid someone to fit it all up for me. No headaches. Just empty wallet.

Ditto. :)

threedogs
23rd December 2012, 02:38 PM
Heres the Pic of that overflow fix, it's just a bras air fitting, not sure of size sorry

megatexture
23rd December 2012, 11:43 PM
Heres the Pic of that overflow fix, it's just a bras air fitting, not sure of size sorry

Is that pic ment for this thread?

MEGOMONSTER
24th December 2012, 12:45 AM
Is that pic ment for this thread?

I'm pretty sure some one broke the overflow pipe clean off the radiator and wanted a fix. Could be for that.