PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to RLI

Lonicus
21st December 2012, 08:00 PM
Just want to thank RLI for taking the time to call me today and give me a ton of help & advice on installing my gauges, as well as general Patrol related tips & tricks.

I only know RLI through the forums and asked him a couple of questions about his recent upgrades. After a couple of PMs back & forth he said "leave it with me & I'll call you tomorrow".

We spent nearly an hour on the phone and if we didn't live so far apart I'm sure he would have been round in a shot to actually help me do the work.

I've been on the Internet since before the 'net had graphics, yep like TV, the 'net came in black & white a while back :) I've been a member, moderator and admin of various forums etc. but have never come across a forum like this where everyone here is not only happy to pass on their knowledge but are genuinely disappointed if they can't actually get to you in person to lend a hand. AB, Mods, and all the members, you've made this a truly great place to be a part of.

So, thanks RLI for taking the time to help me out & also for the chat. Hopefully I'll get the chance to pass through Coffs sometime & share a beer or two with you. Have a great Christmas mate!!

Cheers
Mark

NissanGQ4.2
21st December 2012, 08:05 PM
Some truly amazing people on this forum, always willing to lend a hand :)

Good work RLI

wildgu6
21st December 2012, 09:09 PM
Nice work Paul, another of the top blokes on this site, and to think you were almost banned from the site not long after you joined.. mmm dont know about that, havent seen anything offensive from you yet. All ive read from you has been worth reading. Great to see you were able to help Mark out with your knowledge and experience. Keep up the good work champ.

Cheers Pete

nissannewby
21st December 2012, 09:12 PM
I to have spent many a hour on the phone to paul. Although there is quite an age difference its always good talking to him, he tells a great yarn and has some good life experience to pass onto us young fellas. Good on ya Paul your a top bloke. BRING ON THE CAPE!!!!

pearcey
21st December 2012, 09:24 PM
Great at this time of year, or any time for that mater to hear of people helping others with problems which may be to hard or to small for the money hungry to be bothered with , or just friends helping friends. TOP JOB GUYS

PMC
21st December 2012, 09:24 PM
Just want to thank RLI for taking the time to call me today and give me a ton of help & advice on installing my gauges, as well as general Patrol related tips & tricks.

I only know RLI through the forums and asked him a couple of questions about his recent upgrades. After a couple of PMs back & forth he said "leave it with me & I'll call you tomorrow".

We spent nearly an hour on the phone and if we didn't live so far apart I'm sure he would have been round in a shot to actually help me do the work.

I've been on the Internet since before the 'net had graphics, yep like TV, the 'net came in black & white a while back :) I've been a member, moderator and admin of various forums etc. but have never come across a forum like this where everyone here is not only happy to pass on their knowledge but are genuinely disappointed if they can't actually get to you in person to lend a hand. AB, Mods, and all the members, you've made this a truly great place to be a part of.

So, thanks RLI for taking the time to help me out & also for the chat. Hopefully I'll get the chance to pass through Coffs sometime & share a beer or two with you. Have a great Christmas mate!!

Cheers
Mark

Jesus Mark!

I am red faced now! No it was fantastic to be of help to you as the members on this forum have certainly helped me! Especially Nissannewby!(200 Killer Wasps)

I am waiting for feed back from my mate at Coffs Nissan tomorrow on where is the best place to tap into on your manifold/intercooler on your brand new Patrol for your boost gauge! Hey, newby, join in the thread if you know where the best place to tap into for boost on a Brand New 3lt Patrol mate, or anybody else reading this!

Once again Mark, i wish both your and your Wife a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Prosperous New Year!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
21st December 2012, 09:35 PM
Nice work Paul, another of the top blokes on this site, and to think you were almost banned from the site not long after you joined.. mmm dont know about that, havent seen anything offensive from you yet. All ive read from you has been worth reading. Great to see you were able to help Mark out with your knowledge and experience. Keep up the good work champ.

Cheers Pete

Shhhs Pete!

They might be watching me! Remember, i am supposed to be on Intro greeting duties and peeling the all the farken spuds for the next forum meet!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
21st December 2012, 09:36 PM
Some truly amazing people on this forum, always willing to lend a hand :)

Good work RLI

Thanks mate, i love to help people!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
21st December 2012, 09:40 PM
I to have spent many a hour on the phone to paul. Although there is quite an age difference its always good talking to him, he tells a great yarn and has some good life experience to pass onto us young fellas. Good on ya Paul your a top bloke. BRING ON THE CAPE!!!!

Fark, i do not know whether to cry or spend more money on e-bay again!

Seriously, i have learned so much from young newby and he is the real champ here when it comes to advice and really been hands on for folks!

PS, SEE, YOU TEACH AN OLD LOVE BEAST NEW TRICKS!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
21st December 2012, 09:41 PM
Great at this time of year, or any time for that mater to hear of people helping others with problems which may be to hard or to small for the money hungry to be bothered with , or just friends helping friends. TOP JOB GUYS

Good onya pearcey!

All the best for Christmas and the New-Year mate!

Regards,

RLI

Bloodyaussie
21st December 2012, 09:55 PM
Paul can you stop being nice and friendly please.... we need at least one villain!!!!!

I can be your stupid dim witted offsider ....????

PMC
21st December 2012, 10:36 PM
Paul can you stop being nice and friendly please.... we need at least one villain!!!!!

I can be your stupid dim witted offsider ....????

Not a problem Bro! LOL

Regards,

RLI

trekster
22nd December 2012, 09:20 PM
Best to definitely come through Coffs, Even if its just for the tracks :D On a side note, RLI I went out to Dingo creek today and had a ball with the family, This is exactly why I moved to Coffs from the rat race of Sydney!!!!

The new bullbar is doubling as an extra handy clothes drying rack :D

This is where we went for a quick dip

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/524970_10151129765292136_1774260705_n.jpg

And me making a bit of a splash hahahaha

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224949_10200141676927289_2008032657_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282809_10200141677567305_1110664856_n.jpg

Wishing everyone a great Christmas and happy new year, hope you all get the 4wd gear you've been asking for :D

nissannewby
22nd December 2012, 09:34 PM
Might have to hit that spot up when Im there catching up with RLI. I really cant wiat to get down there.

threedogs
22nd December 2012, 09:37 PM
You guys got fully stocked fridges or something, Forum at its best, two thumbs up
I've always said BEST FORUM ON THE PLANET

lorrieandjas
22nd December 2012, 10:01 PM
x2 on Paul - only spoke to him recently in person and the nicest person you could meet! This is an amazing forum full of amazing people and Paul is definitely one of the best. He planned the whole Cape thing in 2013 and when you wade in full of vim and vigour rather than putting you in your place because its his planning he make you feel like you're the ducks......

Jas

AB
22nd December 2012, 10:09 PM
Great work gents, we're building a great little community here, love it!

growler2058
22nd December 2012, 10:29 PM
Great work gents, we're building a great little community here, love it!

X2 Good onya fellas job well done

Tap someone who cares

PMC
23rd December 2012, 11:36 AM
Best to definitely come through Coffs, Even if its just for the tracks :D On a side note, RLI I went out to Dingo creek today and had a ball with the family, This is exactly why I moved to Coffs from the rat race of Sydney!!!!

The new bullbar is doubling as an extra handy clothes drying rack :D

This is where we went for a quick dip

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

And me making a bit of a splash hahahaha

Wishing everyone a great Christmas and happy new year, hope you all get the 4wd gear you've been asking for :D

G'day mate,

Friday creek area another good spot, lots of safe water holes for the kids to swim in safely (also the big kids) From where you live, head out to Bellingen, to the Promise land creek area. Fantastic swimming, 4x4 tracts and great dirk bike riding area! Past my home spot of Woolgoolga, one hour north to the Goolang creek at the Nymboida Canoe Centre. Fantastic riding the rapids with old truck tyre in-a-tubes!

PS, You might have to move back to Sydney, it appears you are enjoying yourself to much! lol

Regards,

RLI

PMC
23rd December 2012, 11:42 AM
x2 on Paul - only spoke to him recently in person and the nicest person you could meet! This is an amazing forum full of amazing people and Paul is definitely one of the best. He planned the whole Cape thing in 2013 and when you wade in full of vim and vigour rather than putting you in your place because its his planning he make you feel like you're the ducks......

Jas

Fair suck of the sav, there Jas! Folks, it is Jas great effort in organising the website, he is the one who has put in the hard yards!

Mate, is the catch-up on the 31st still on?

PS, He is awful, but i like the boy! lol

Regards,

Jas

trekster
23rd December 2012, 02:11 PM
G'day mate,

Friday creek area another good spot, lots of safe water holes for the kids to swim in safely (also the big kids) From where you live, head out to Bellingen, to the Promise land creek area. Fantastic swimming, 4x4 tracts and great dirk bike riding area! Past my home spot of Woolgoolga, one hour north to the Goolang creek at the Nymboida Canoe Centre. Fantastic riding the rapids with old truck tyre in-a-tubes!

PS, You might have to move back to Sydney, it appears you are enjoying yourself to much! lol

Regards,

RLI

Friday Creek is the next spot I want to explore, But also past Dingo creek and in that area a little more, We took my old Jeep up and found the waterhole and ended up at the Peak trail, turned around and went back.

We have been out to the Promise lands a few times and just taken the loop road around there, It is a very beautiful area, Heck most of the areas around here are! And there is no bloody way I am ever going back to Sydney to live!!!!

Cheers,
Eric.