PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness is back online

Dark 1
21st December 2012, 01:58 AM
Hi all again. Things have been mad the past few months & i've been offline for a while but now in a new city & i'm back for a while. For those interested we've moved from Darwin to the Perth Hills. Took us 8 days & over 4000klms towing the big white whale {our home}. Ill post up some photos later but to all my friends here i look forward to catching up in due course.

MEGOMONSTER
21st December 2012, 02:24 AM
Good to see you back. That's a bloody long move.

threedogs
21st December 2012, 05:47 AM
Big move in anyones books, look forwaed to some pics.

growler2058
21st December 2012, 06:06 AM
Onya Dark good to see ya back mate

Tap someone who cares

Maxhead
21st December 2012, 06:21 AM
You back in a Troll yet!

Good to see ya online

.........on the move

taslucas
21st December 2012, 07:09 AM
Shhh, he's back now, stop talking about him!

Tap, crackle, pop

my third 256
21st December 2012, 07:32 AM
did you pass timmo on the way as he was doing opposite

AB
21st December 2012, 07:57 AM
Welcome back mate, look forward to the piccies!!!!!!!!!!

GUtsy ute
21st December 2012, 08:05 AM
Hi Kelvin,
Good to hear from you again.
Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year in Perth.

No doubt you'll be catching up with a few of the WA members.
Also looking forward to the pics.

Sir Roofy
21st December 2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome back kelvin your really getting about
another 12months might see you in vic then a meet up
will be in order

Bigrig
21st December 2012, 09:11 AM
Hey hey ... how goes it Kel??

Good to see you back mate ... and pleased the travels are still happening safely. Can't wait to catch up again on your way back round!

Dark 1
21st December 2012, 10:31 AM
Good to see you back. That's a bloody long move.

Big move in anyones books, look forwaed to some pics.

Yes guys was a big move. Unfortunately we were in a hurry again so didn't get to look around much on the way down but i'll post up a couple of photos later.

You back in a Troll yet!

Good to see ya online

.........on the move

No sorry mate still trolll-less at the mo.

Hi Kelvin,
Good to hear from you again.
Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year in Perth.

No doubt you'll be catching up with a few of the WA members.
Also looking forward to the pics.

Yes looking forward to catching up with a few members while here.
Merry christmas to you & your family as well mate.

Dark 1
21st December 2012, 10:33 AM
Hey hey ... how goes it Kel??

Good to see you back mate ... and pleased the travels are still happening safely. Can't wait to catch up again on your way back round!

Like wise mate probably at end of next year.

Stropp
21st December 2012, 10:56 AM
gday mate, i am at the bottom of the perth hills or as they call us over here a flatlander, if you want to catch up whilst here pm me and we can catch up, cheers Stropp

DX grunt
21st December 2012, 11:10 AM
G'dau Kelvin

Welcome to the west.

I'm a fair way out from Perth, but PM me your movements/intentions and I'll do my best to catch up with you.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Take care out there.

Rossco

wildgu6
21st December 2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome back onboard Kel', Glad it was a safe move out west mate, decent hike for ya.
So is it buisiness as usual lighting up peoples lives or a change of scenery.
Stay safe mate and enjoy your return

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
21st December 2012, 08:13 PM
Welcome back Kel

Good to hear you have made the long journey safely

Looking forward 2 some pics

Hope you have been good this year Santa really needs to bring you a Patrol :)

Clunk
21st December 2012, 08:15 PM
Hey kel, welcome back......... Where abouts in the hills are ya. Stropp has posted up a thread for a night run up at the powerlines if your interested or still around. Would also love to meet ya. I only live about 20 mins or so from Stropp, so let me know what your plans are.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Dark 1
21st December 2012, 11:04 PM
gday mate, i am at the bottom of the perth hills or as they call us over here a flatlander, if you want to catch up whilst here pm me and we can catch up, cheers Stropp

Hey kel, welcome back......... Where abouts in the hills are ya. Stropp has posted up a thread for a night run up at the powerlines if your interested or still around. Would also love to meet ya. I only live about 20 mins or so from Stropp, so let me know what your plans are.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....
Where in Mundaring just near the caltex servo off coppin rd. Would definitely love to catch up in the new year sometime.

G'dau Kelvin

Welcome to the west.

I'm a fair way out from Perth, but PM me your movements/intentions and I'll do my best to catch up with you.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Take care out there.

Rossco
Yep thought we would have to work something out Rossco maybe meet somewhere at a camp spot halfway or something. We'll talk more later on.

Dark 1
21st December 2012, 11:15 PM
Welcome back onboard Kel', Glad it was a safe move out west mate, decent hike for ya.
So is it buisiness as usual lighting up peoples lives or a change of scenery.
Stay safe mate and enjoy your return

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete, light business is really on the back burner nowadays [more of a hobby anyway] so scored a job [within 20 hours of being in town] in a local glass firm starting in the new year.

Clunk
21st December 2012, 11:47 PM
How long are you over this way mate?

all tapped out!!!

Dark 1
21st December 2012, 11:51 PM
Approximately 6 months.

Clunk
21st December 2012, 11:53 PM
Just a flying visit then !!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

all tapped out!!!

Timmo
22nd December 2012, 12:01 AM
which way did ya travel oh mighty dark one? came up the coast from perth, had a break from the weather for 2 years now back up this way............

Dark 1
23rd December 2012, 12:29 AM
which way did ya travel oh mighty dark one? came up the coast from perth, had a break from the weather for 2 years now back up this way............
Darwin - Katherine- kununnurra - Broome- Port hedland- Newman- Wubin - New Norcia - Mundaring.

Free camped in some beautiful spots along the way, rest area at top of Karinja Nat Park looking down over a gorge, Gascoyne river with a massive storm going on around us- we never got a drop but when moving on next day the roads where flooded 10 minutes from camp.
Photo 1. Sunset at Cable Beach Broome

Photo 3 & 4. Getting the van into position at Karinjini Nat Park. Yes that is the edge of a gorge directly in front of he car, to say that the misses was having kittens would be an understatement.

Photo 2. Said gorge.

DX grunt
23rd December 2012, 03:28 PM
Are you parked across a footpath, or do you always drive with your door open? lol. Nice pics.

Welcome to the west, Kelvin.

Dark 1
23rd December 2012, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=DX grunt;309256]Are you parked across a footpath, or do you always drive with your door open? lol. Nice pics.

Welcome to the west, Kelvin.[/QUOTE
Yes mate had to do a 50 point turn to get the van in beside the hut where the pathway led to from the main carpark.[ probably weren't supposed to be there but someone had left the gate open so we drove through]. Saw one other car the whole afternoon. We set up camp at 2.30pm & instead of relaxing like most people i fitted a 1000watt inverter to the van, did a maintenance check on the car & made up our portable fire pit with pork roast spit.

Was a busy afternoon but a beautiful spot.

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2012, 08:37 PM
just made me hungry.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pork roast spit

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 09:19 PM
Great stuff, nothing like a beautiful spit roast